Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
it's a false flag guys, nothing to see here.
We're now at the stage where black people need to fake a white person dropping the n word, because it just doesn't happen in real life.
This is why I know it was staged. Only lowlifes and for some reason the younger generation use the N word. It goes across all races and is pretty much meaningless.

White people use and call black people the N word all the time from what I've witnessed. Well over 99% of the time it's not used as an old-fashion racial slur. It's either used as term of endearment or simply as a reference like "this guy" "this man", "this dude".

Old 05-22-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Very true which is why I'm glad I'm retired.

But tell me how it is not an initiation of force if you put someone in a possible predicament of being harmed because of something you did? Pretend you don't think it was staged, or some similar situation.
Because force only occurs when force occurs.

"Inciting" or "provoking" violence is a very slippery slope because then words become weaponized. Each individual is responsible for his/her actions. Getting screamed at by a nut in handcuffs saying nasty things to you is not a threat. If he wasn't in handcuffs he still isn't a threat unless he winds up to throw that first punch.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
What song are you referring to?
No more parties in LA with Kanye West

Old 05-22-2018, 03:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
THey just took an insult and flipped it.
Like I took your best weapon against me. And im never giving it back.
There are way worse weapons than insults in this world. I do agree that words hurt, but check it out... people can and do still use that word all the time when they're not supposed to.

And it still bothers people or nobody would mind it when that girl sang written lyrics to a published song.

So, yeah... it still bothers people. So, did taking it work? I will argue that it did not and the best thing to do is get rid of it entirely.

It's a really rude word.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:38 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Because force only occurs when force occurs.

"Inciting" or "provoking" violence is a very slippery slope because then words become weaponized. Each individual is responsible for his/her actions. Getting screamed at by a nut in handcuffs saying nasty things to you is not a threat. If he wasn't in handcuffs he still isn't a threat unless he winds up to throw that first punch.
These are probably the terms I should have used because the situation very well could have caused harm to her by inciting other people as can be heard in the video.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There are way worse weapons than insults in this world. I do agree that words hurt, but check it out... people can and do still use that word all the time when they're not supposed to.

And it still bothers people or nobody would mind it when that girl sang written lyrics to a published song.

So, yeah... it still bothers people. So, did taking it work? I will argue that it did not and the best thing to do is get rid of it entirely.

It's a really rude word.
Its really just the media that decide these things. If the media wanted to, it would be easy to bankrupt rappers that spew misogynist and sexist garbage, advertisements pulled and sales plummeting. But they are allowed to continue by the media. The media has decided that sexism and homophobia is more acceptable than other forms of bigotry, but that can easily change. Its up to the media.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:39 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No more parties in LA with Kanye West
True, but it refers to people who are basically gold diggers. Theirs women, and theirs hoes. Theirs men and theirs f*ckboys(male version of a hoe).

Old 05-22-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And if she was attacked after the concert if would have served her right
I hope this is a joke.

Violence is not the answer.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This is probably the terms I should have used because the situation very well could have caused harm to her by inciting other people as can be heard in the video.
I understand the temptation to classify bad/nasty behavior as a reason to get violent but we can't think that. You can always walk away and/or simply ignore it.

And the person who initiates violence is always wrong and committing an immoral act.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
True, but it refers to people who are basically gold diggers. Theirs women, and theirs hoes. Theirs men and theirs f*ckboys(male version of a hoe).
It doesnt make the sexism and misogynist language any better though. Its just vile and obscene. And hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies