Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Also guinea, goombah, and ****. (That last one is supposed to be d@g0.)

There are a lot of derogatory terms for Italians, as anyone who watches enough mob flicks can tell you. I could name a few more if pressed.

LOL, thanks for providing your services, Doc. I could name a few more, as well, but only because I heard them growing up.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Calls her out when she recites the “N” word in a song that HE wrote!

Even worse is how the crowd booed her. Would they have booed him for saying the word?

Note to rappers....If the word is so offensive to you, how about omitting it from your songs or using it (as they like to put it) “as a term of endearment to one another?”

Kendrick Lamar calls out white fan after she raps N-word | Fox News

That is one way to lose a fan and red pill a white girl, in one stroke.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:52 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LOL, thanks for providing your services, Doc. I could name a few more, as well, but only because I heard them growing up.
I heard them all growing up as well. NJ, born and raised.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How was she set up? She could have skipped the words ,like I guess most white suckers are expected to do. Otherwise it was a staged thing, with negative intentions, or a fan that went off and got into the lyrics.
She was singing his song he wrote. Pretty obvious she is white and he brought her up anyway. Eff him all day long if he expects white fans to bleep out words he wrote.

Rap music sucks balls anyway.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:11 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times
It's an absolute joy to watch so many people infuriated by the fact that they can't say the word.
What do you mean, black people can do something that we can't?

That is the power that black people have given the word. They took what we used to hurt them, and they made it theirs, and now it infuriates some of us. They use it left, right, and center. They've made it cool (like they have so much in our culture), and we can't touch it.

It's tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
She was singing his song he wrote. Pretty obvious she is white and he brought her up anyway. Eff him all day long if he expects white fans to bleep out words he wrote.

Rap music sucks balls anyway.

Kendrick had a white guy on their before the girl, and he skipped the word with no issue. The girl also apologized and kept on going.
Kendrick brings people on at every show.

No one into hip-hop cares about this, mostly racists do.

it's like the threads about NY and Cali written by people from North Dakota. just hating on what can't be had.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:12 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
When white people say it I find it rude, whereas when black people say it I just find it childish (even if it fits).
How about when the rest of the world races say it?

Its kind of ridiculous the way the rapper uses extremely misogynist language, being a male, and then gets offended when someone sings along to his own song. This is a highly privileged person of great wealth and power and he uses it to attack random fans who just want to have a good time.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
It's an absolute joy to watch so many people infuriated by the fact that they can't say the word.

That is the power that black people have given the word. They took what we used to hurt them, and they made it theirs, and now it infuriates some of us. They use it left, right, and center. They've made it cool (like they have so much in our culture), and we can't touch it.

It's tremendous.

Kendrick had a white guy on their before the girl, and he skipped the word with no issue. The girl also apologized and kept on going.

it's like the threads about NY and Cali written by people from North Dakota. just hating on what can't be had.
Why did you use to hurt black people? Shame on you. The word isnt cool. Just like calling a woman a bi*** isnt cool. You might think it is, but its not. Its shameful.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:15 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
White kids liking rap and hip hop is a fad. It started back in the mid 90s. I would bet 10-20 yrs from now, they will be on to something different.

Yes, she should have skipped this particular word, even if on stage singing it, even though Im a white guy in my 40s, I realize I have NO business EVER using or saying that word in the same way black people do.
After 20 years, it isn't a fad. Parachute pants and popped collars were fads.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:22 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

It's tremendous.

I don't give a damn about the word nor do I wish to say it, and not saying it doesn't infuriate me in the least. And if you listen to the video that was posted some woman in the crowd yells "eff you b*tch". Sounds like they care plenty.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:25 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
How about when the rest of the world races say it?

Its kind of ridiculous the way the rapper uses extremely misogynist language, being a male, and then gets offended when someone sings along to his own song. This is a highly privileged person of great wealth and power and he uses it to attack random fans who just want to have a good time.
I once saw an Indian kid say it because he was trying to talk like a ghetto rapper, sounded very phoney, so in the case of Asians I'd say it doesn't sound rude as much as it sounds pathetic.
Yeah rappers seem to think being offensive is "cool", unless someone else does the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies