Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:14 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a publicity stunt

Old 05-22-2018, 01:15 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Spick is the derogatory term for Hispanics.
Wop is the derogatory term for Italians.
Also guinea, goombah, and ****. (That last one is supposed to be d@g0.)

There are a lot of derogatory terms for Italians, as anyone who watches enough mob flicks can tell you. I could name a few more if pressed.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:22 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Gay people have started referring to each other as ****. I also have some Asian friends who call each other Chinks but non of them use it at the same level as black people saying the n-word. The place were I hear the n-word though is Bear Creek Park were 50% of the population are young Hispanic soccer players. You literally can’t walk for a few seconds without hearing it. The thing is I really don’t care who uses it, but the word at this point has spread to Hispanics and basically everyone who isn’t white, but Hispanics especially, I have met a blond/brown hair green eyed very light skinned Hispanic dude that was probably 80% from Europe and he uses around everyone without caring and no one calls him out on it, because he uses it so casually. IMO anyone can say it and I won’t care but for others those are fighting words.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:23 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,235,883 times
An Asian American band had to go to the Supreme Court to get the right to call themselves the Slants. US Trademark office had refused to register it.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:26 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Do you think they are using it because its "cool" or just because they have heard it used in the family and community growing up? I think non black people use the word because they thinks its "cool" and hip to use it. I have to admit that when I am in certain neighborhoods and hear the word being used I don't really even notice it because it rolls so effortlessly and seems to "fit" as the appropriate term in that context. Hearing someone other than a black person saying it makes it stand out like it was being shouted from a bull horn, even if whispered. That said, I have some cousins that use the term excessively. I remember listening to them, they are females, using the term talking about my father, their uncle. That did not go over well with me at all. I could not figure out who they were talking about at first...and was shocked when I figured out they were talking about my father (their Unc). I grew up where you referenced your elders with titles (and so did they as one of them is older than me).....not reference them with the N word. They were about to get the white folks treatment for using that word. They did not mean anything bad buy it or mean any disrespect.....they are just ghetto as their mom talked like that.
When white people say it I find it rude, whereas when black people say it I just find it childish (even if it fits).

Old 05-22-2018, 01:29 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo, no one owns the “copyright” to a racial epithet. If you don’t like it, then don’t say it. You don’t get a free pass to use it due to skin color. No one should use it period.

I’m black and I never use the word. I find it abhorrent and sad that Hip Hop and African American culture has largely embraced it. The irony is that Hispanic rappers and rappers who are half white have been given a pass to use it.

At the end of the day, if black peoole use it, then white folks can use it too.
lol.. no, stop lying.

that isn't how it works

you are basically admitting that it's upsetting that white folks can;t do something Black folks can do. How dare Black folk get to use a word among themselves and white people cant take part? That's racism huh?

and guess what? Not every Black person says it but since some do it means white folks get to say it?

or maybe white folks should ask a Black person if they say it before using it to be sure?

and I doubt you are Black.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:33 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Her own fault for going to a place attended by a bunch of low-class idiots that think rap is music.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:38 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
So he set her up? What a POS if he did.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol.. no, stop lying.

that isn't how it works

you are basically admitting that it's upsetting that white folks can;t do something Black folks can do. How dare Black folk get to use a word among themselves and white people cant take part? That's racism huh?

and guess what? Not every Black person says it but since some do it means white folks get to say it?

or maybe white folks should ask a Black person if they say it before using it to be sure?

and I doubt you are Black.
In the context of the mainstream rap, yeah there should be no different rules for fans.

Among private groups of people it is whatever is acceptable among the group.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So he set her up? What a POS if he did.
How was she set up? She could have skipped the words ,like I guess most white suckers are expected to do. Otherwise it was a staged thing, with negative intentions, or a fan that went off and got into the lyrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies