Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Calls her out when she recites the “N” word in a song that HE wrote!

Even worse is how the crowd booed her. Would they have booed him for saying the word?

Note to rappers....If the word is so offensive to you, how about omitting it from your songs or using it (as they like to put it) “as a term of endearment to one another?”

Kendrick Lamar calls out white fan after she raps N-word | Fox News

I think younger generations of blacks invite whites to use the word. I sometimes hear black youth calling a white friend/acquaintance the N word. I hear young Latinos, Asians, whites....using the word directed others who are the same as them.

I am in my 50's now, when I was coming up it was strictly off limits for white people to say that and we did not call white people the N word.....we had a word for them that started with an H. The H word.

You have these rappers who are rich basically because of white fans. When it was just blacks primarily listening to rap, few rappers were able to make money like what is being made in rap now. It's awkward because as someone else mentioned, the music is designed for a black audience. White youth care nothing about black history. Black youth care nothing about black history.....but they are at least connected to it from traditions. That is a double edged sword though....being divorced from history mentally.

That having been said, I have to plug one of the best rap songs I have heard in a long time. This is the direction rap should go....IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofDlMuKESCg

Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, that's way easier because you have time to think about it in advance. I think concerts are way more spur of the moment, there's all the excitement, etc.

I think anyone who sends in a freestyle video to an online competition and is using the N word while NOT black is really asking to be blasted, though.
She knows all his songs. She's into the music. She has thought about this before.
Any white person who likes to rap along, has at least 3 words they replace the word with.
She was too excited/inebriated, and messed up.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:24 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So they can listen to it over and over again, blast it out of their car, but not say it...

All I can think of is this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
They can blast kanye, lupe fiasco, NaS, Kendrick, Common, etc.
its really no bug deal. Unless your blasting gangster rap through a low income black or brown neighborhood where nobody knows you. Inwould not recommend that. Hell I would not blast gangster rap in any hood that I dont know.

Also don’t obnoxiously blast any music. Thats what we call a D!ck move. Play it loud but not disruptive.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
She knows all his songs. She's into the music. She has thought about this before.
Any white person who likes to rap along, has at least 3 words they replace the word with.
She was too excited/inebriated, and messed up.
I agree with the bolded, absolutely.

I have never thought about replacement words for the N word. I just stop and tilt my head, then pick right back up after the word is over. But, I have an uncanny sense of rhythm and timing for a white girl.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
They can blast kanye, lupe fiasco, NaS, Kendrick, Common, etc.
its really no bug deal. Unless your blasting gangster rap through a low income black or brown neighborhood where nobody knows you. Inwould not recommend that. Hell I would not blast gangster rap in any hood that I dont know.

Also don’t obnoxiously blast any music. Thats what we call a D!ck move. Play it loud but not disruptive.
I really hate it when someone's bass is thumping so hard in their car that it makes my ears ring when I'm beside them at a stoplight and BOTH OF US have our windows rolled up.

LOL.

That is just too loud, man.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:35 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Rappers are caught in the quagmire of a fan base that is mostly white and a culture that is mostly black. They don't want to give up either. It would be interesting to know the direction that rap content would have taken if not for the white fan base creating such revenues for rappers.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
When black folks use it, its an acknowledgement of one another. They took a wird and made it their own. When white folks use it, its a double meaning behind it.

It was a word used oppressively by white folks in the past. Black folks just flipped it. So now you no longer feel superior by saying the word. Infact, most feel left out they cant say it.

Just dont say it.

The girls was dumb. Its in the lyrics but any self aware white person knows not to say it.

Kendrick played it cool though. Him and JCole are the greatest out there right now.
Come on...it was pretty ****ty of him to invite her up stage to sing the lyrics knowing that.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:45 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Come on...it was pretty ****ty of him to invite her up stage to sing the lyrics knowing that.
Or she was excited to perform wih Kendrick lamar and he gave her an opportunity. Just dont say one word.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:48 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
More Fox outrage. Wow!

Old 05-22-2018, 10:48 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What do white people have in common with black rappers and their N word lyrics anyway? Where is the connection..?
What do Japanese people have in common with with white classical composers and their western music scale leitmotifs anyway? Where is the connection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies