Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 05:17 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He was inexperienced and incompetent. It was not us who was not prepared for him to have the job.

He's the perfect example of the Peter Principle.
Are you talking about Trump?

You know the man who never served in the military (draft dodger) or Government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 05:26 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What racial divide did President Obama make worse?
You gotta be kidding. Anyone who opposed Obama for any reason was accused of being a racist. The race card was so worn out it is almost no longer effective.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Are you talking about Trump?

You know the man who never served in the military (draft dodger) or Government?
Can you name any company Obama ran or was even a high level Executive prior to his Presidency? He was barely a Junior Senator who sometimes showed up to vote. Obama had zero real world working experience.

You may not like Trump, he may be crass but his Experience is extensive. The man knows how the world works and what motivates other people, good or bad.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:34 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,796,031 times
Obama was not a very good president. Weak, indecisive, anti-growth. We never fully recovered from the crash until Trump took office, 1-2% growth is beyond sluggish coming out of a recession. You can tell he didn't really believe in American exceptionalism.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:34 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Can you name any company Obama ran or was even a high level Executive prior to his Presidency? He was barely a Junior Senator who sometimes showed up to vote. Obama had zero real world working experience.

You may not like Trump, he may be crass but his Experience is extensive. The man knows how the world works and what motivates other people, good or bad.
You seem to forget that America is not a corporation either.

As for Trump's Experience ....you mean 4 corporate bankruptcies?

Old 06-09-2018, 05:36 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I think there is definitely some true to what Obama says. I had a white conservative colleague tell me that Obama "completely changed America." I think he spoke his true mind around me because I am white, lol. He pointed to how gay marriage took off and became country-wide, marijuana legalization, all the LGBT rights, Obama fist bumping as the President, the affordable care act (universal healthcare), his involvement in Trayvon Martin incident and inviting the black Harvard professor who was arrested at his home and the cop to the White House for a beer, and a lot more issues that I can't remember.

He was visibly really angry talking about Obama (it was actually a little scary how angry he was getting talking about Obama). I'm sure there are a lot of others who felt the same way. This was around election time, so you know how motivated that group was to vote.

A lot of that is BS on your colleagues part.

Obama didn't have the courage to come out in favor of gay marriage until the majority of the country and Biden supported it. Obama didn't do much of anything on that issue, except perhaps within the black community where anti-gay feelings were the strongest.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He just didn't say in what direction he wanted us to change... did anyone ask?
He did say. He wasn't honest about it.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:

Even going through Bankruptcies out of the many hundreds of successes are learning experiences. If Obama had 100 successful companies and 10 bankruptcies he would have been a much better President.

Obama might have actually understood the insult when he said "You didn't build that".

I'd rather have a man with 4 Bankruptcy experience than a man who's never run a koolaid stand.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:

Didn't pay his bills then and isn't paying them now either.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Even going through Bankruptcies out of the many hundreds of successes are learning experiences. If Obama had 100 successful companies and 10 bankruptcies he would have been a much better President.

Obama might have actually understood the insult when he said "You didn't build that".

I'd rather have a man with 4 Bankruptcy experience than a man who's never run a koolaid stand.
Reagan never ran anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies