Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
In regards to your exodus start with Trump. You will make millions happy.
And, millions more would not be! We are a nation deeply divided and we have all dug in. I see no end in sight, especially as the left continues it's assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 11:54 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You know, I see your point.

John Legend should absolutely tolerate the Republicans allowing children to be separated from their parents in detention centers.

Please go tell this to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops and to the Southern Baptist Convention, because they've been speaking out against the separation of kids from their families in those detention centers and it seems they must just be intolerant phonies, eh?
Tell me please-what other adult criminals get to have their children locked up with them when they are incarcerated? Why do you care about foreign criminals, and not American citizens locked up behind bars that are separated from their children?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tell me please-what other adult criminals get to have their children locked up with them when they are incarcerated? Why do you care about foreign criminals, and not American citizens locked up behind bars that are separated from their children?
I believe the people commenting here, like usual, have no idea what they are arguing, because they have gotten their news from the mainstream media. They literally do not understand what they're arguing and have not thought about the situation, but simply rely on what they're told to think. Unfortunately, even after reading everything here, they will still not even consider reaching out and trying to educate themselves.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Apparently so, since as far as I know those parents losing their children at the border are breaking the law by entering our country illegally. And the last time I checked, the law is supposed to be upheld equally in this country. That means if I, an American citizen get in trouble, I may go to prison or some other detention center. And when they take me....wait for it......I won't get to take my children with me either. Because I broke the law, and in the United States we get punished for that, and our prisons aren't made to house criminals and their love ones. So yes, people illegally crossing our borders are being detained, and their children are being removed to a safe location while the parents situation is sorted out. Just as it should be, and would be, if it were me in their shoes. So personally, I could care less what the US Conference of Catholic Bishops or the Southern Baptists have to say about it. At some point you have to insist that the laws governing this country be applied to those who are breaking them.

I'm sorry, but I'm really getting tired of this narrative. It's simply the law. They are breaking it, and they are being held to account for their actions. I tell you what would really be funny. The headlines I'd read if instead of taking the children away from the parents, they were actually being housed in jails and detention centers with the parents. Can you imagine!!!! "TRUMP PUTS LITTLE KIDS IN JAIL!" "Republicans Interning Small Children In Detention Centers!" Please everyone, get a grip and realize these people you are so up in arms about are breaking the law, and they are being treated just like you would if you broke the law. You would not get to keep your kids if you broke the law and went to jail. Why do you think these people should receive different treatment than you, an actual citizen, would receive?
What laws did the U.S break in meddling in latin american politics? People are coming from totalitarian societies that the U.S. supported. What right did we have? Because we feared a communist country in our hemisphere?

Its great you are tired of victims of political oppression showing up on our doorsteps. Are you tired of our hand in that political oppression?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:27 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talented guy but obviously low class.
Is the use of the F word on Twitter that makes it low class to you?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:33 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You know, I see your point.

John Legend should absolutely tolerate the Republicans allowing children to be separated from their parents in detention centers.

Please go tell this to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops and to the Southern Baptist Convention, because they've been speaking out against the separation of kids from their families in those detention centers and it seems they must just be intolerant phonies, eh?
Nice diversion from the point. But, I'll go with it and we'll see if you will forthrightly reply. A few questions:
1 - Where were you, John Legend and all the knee-jerk hystericals when this was happening in the last administration? Were you speaking up and protesting it?
2 - The parents chose to break the law and create the negative circumstances. Why aren't you holding them accountable for putting their families in this position?
3 - Please describe exactly the special rights you think law-breaking, non-citizens should have at the expense of American taxpayers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
And, millions more would not be! We are a nation deeply divided and we have all dug in. I see no end in sight, especially as the left continues it's assault.
Agreed. They will continue their constant assault; it's what they do, it is their motivation and where they draw purpose and energy -- in tearing people down, insulting them, attacking them, destroying the property of others.

Simply, destruction.

That's what the end result is when so many people have such self-hatred. It's a real and well-known problem.
Read about liberal self-loathing. https://www.google.com/search?source....0.-gahchvgKXs

Old 06-17-2018, 12:38 AM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Nice diversion from the point. But, I'll go with it and we'll see if you will forthrightly reply. A few questions:
1 - Where were you, John Legend and all the knee-jerk hystericals when this was happening in the last administration? Were you speaking up and protesting it?
2 - The parents chose to break the law and create the negative circumstances. Why aren't you holding them accountable for putting their families in this position?
3 - Please describe exactly the special rights you think law-breaking, non-citizens should have at the expense of American taxpayers?

Agreed. They will continue their constant assault; it's what they do, it is their motivation and where they draw purpose and energy -- in tearing people down, insulting them, attacking them, destroying the property of others.

Simply, destruction.

That's what will be the end result when that many people have such self-hate. It's a real and well-known problem.
Read about liberal self-loathing. https://www.google.com/search?source....0.-gahchvgKXs
Do you not see that the constant assaults and attacks coming from trump. He tears people down. Yet you have no problem when he does it

Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you not see that the constant assaults and attacks coming from trump. He tears people down. Yet you have no problem when he does it
I do not see it at all. I see the liberals trying to tear him down. If you watch him speak, there is just him telling us what he wants for us. I think you are brainwashed.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:47 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you not see that I was referring to a large group of people and you referred to 1?
That's called apples and green beans.

You also have failed to note that Trump punches back at those who attack him. Show me 5 times he's attacked individuals, unprovoked. You can't.

Did you have a problem with our last President making disparaging about Americans who didn't vote for him? Did that bother you? How about the Dem candidate in 2016 calling millions of Americans deplorable? The two of them are the most smug, condescending politicians in recent memory.

Wake up, Natalie.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Do you not see that I was referring to a large group of people and you referred to 1?
That's called apples and green beans.

You also have failed to note that Trump punches back at those who attack him. Show me 5 times he's attacked people, unprovoked. You can't.

Did you have a problem with our last President making disparaging about Americans who didn't vote for him? Did that bother you? How about the Dem candidate in 2016 calling millions of Americans deplorable?
The two of them are the most smug, condescending politicians in recent memory.
The left got so used to just being able to say and do whatever they wanted, now that Trump pushes back, they consider it as an 'attack'. They have also never been taught that their actions have consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies