Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 03:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And let's not forget that this jerkwad is an Ayn Rand worshipper to boot. Ryan is from the hooray for me...I got mine...to hell with you school of philosophy.

Surprising he doesn't get along better with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And also supposedly a devout Catholic. I still haven't figured out how you reconcile those two things.
I'm still wandering how a peaceful Man who says he is a Christian and wins the Nobel peace prize could be responsible for this
Attached Thumbnails
John Legend tweets out “**** You” to Paul Ryan-lib2.jpg   John Legend tweets out “**** You” to Paul Ryan-lib.jpg   John Legend tweets out “**** You” to Paul Ryan-lib-boom.jpg  

Old 06-17-2018, 04:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm still wandering how a peaceful Man who says he is a Christian and wins the Nobel peace prize could be responsible for this
You are off topic.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:44 AM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good. Who is Paul Ryan anyway? Trump punked him out a long time ago, so he doesn’t deserve any respect. Paul Ryan barely qualifies as a man anymore. He’s more like a eunuch.
We shouldn’t respect ANY politicians anymore.

Certainly not Obama, Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters. lol

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 06-17-2018 at 05:00 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
John Legend tweets a profanity and we need a thread?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The law doesn't allow them to be jailed in jails/prisons where their parents are going. Do you suggest we should just let them pass through the border as they wish?

I would love to hear a plan or solution from the left as to what to do with this situation, but as of now, I have not heard anything.
Asylum seekers can do that legally. They should not be arrested at all.

People who are not seeking asylum and who cross the border illegally should simply be sent back.

If an arrest is necessary, I see no reason to put both parents in jail in a 2-parent situation.

Also, the place where these kids are being held is an abandoned Walmart with cages.

How is that not a prison?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
We always get threads when celebrities tweet something critical of Trump or the Republicans.

Apparently, they should not be allowed to freely speak their minds.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:42 AM

1,057 posts, read 867,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It’s a delicate balance. Can’t let the TDS run too rampant

Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Asylum seekers can do that legally. They should not be arrested at all.

People who are not seeking asylum and who cross the border illegally should simply be sent back.

If an arrest is necessary, I see no reason to put both parents in jail in a 2-parent situation.

Also, the place where these kids are being held is an abandoned Walmart with cages.

How is that not a prison?
I agree, bring them all in. And on a plus note, the more we let in, the more that will come, which will guarantee a supply of cheap labor. I sometimes feel sorry for working class Americans, especially African-Americans, but the bottom line as a business owner, is that when I employ undocumented immigrants, I don't have to pay so called living wages or contribute to silly things like 401k or unemployment funds.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:45 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Yep, the "open-minded, inclusive, diverse, tolerant, kumbaya" crowd continues to prove how deeply PHONY they actually are.

It's time to find them an island where they can all go and just complain, nitpick and abuse everything and everyone in their twisted "paradise". The can elect nutcake DeNiro as their Prez.

America would be so much happier and more prosperous without so many nasty regressive types.
This seems to be the blanket response for anyone who thinks different from you/the Right. SO laughable. Someone you don't agree with, so GET OUT OUT OF MY COUNTRY, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies