Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:46 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We always get threads when celebrities tweet something critical of Trump or the Republicans.

Apparently, they should not be allowed to freely speak their minds.
They sure do seem to pay a lot of attention to the celebrities who they often say "who cares what they say".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 08:49 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,645 times
Quote:
Asylum seekers can do that legally. They should not be arrested at all.

People who are not seeking asylum and who cross the border illegally should simply be sent back.

If an arrest is necessary, I see no reason to put both parents in jail in a 2-parent situation.

Also, the place where these kids are being held is an abandoned Walmart with cages.

How is that not a prison?
This.

It boggles the mind that our government wouldn’t just send the families coming across our borders illegally back to their country of origins. It makes no sense to separate them at all. Just send them away together. It cruel and heartless to separate all these families and honestly, this administration knows that and just don’t care.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:51 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,372,535 times
Quote:
John Legend should absolutely tolerate the Republicans allowing children to be separated from their parents in detention centers.
No, Legend along with the rest of protesters, loony liberals, and the media should understand what the law is, and that their demigod Obama did exactly the same thing.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and disrespecting the law (and history) makes you look like a fool.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:51 AM

1,057 posts, read 868,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
They sure do seem to pay a lot of attention to the celebrities who they often say "who cares what they say".
It’s a counter balance to the TDS. If you let the TDS run rampant here, it’s not as fun

Old 06-17-2018, 08:53 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I agree, bring them all in. And on a plus note, the more we let in, the more that will come, which will guarantee a supply of cheap labor. I sometimes feel sorry for working class Americans, especially African-Americans, but the bottom line as a business owner, is that when I employ undocumented immigrants, I don't have to pay so called living wages or contribute to silly things like 401k or unemployment funds.
Where was it stated "let them all in" no one has conflated the Asylum seeking conventions agreed to by all civilized countries as "open borders" to all and sundry. That's the kind of hyperbole used by the fearful to over emotively stymie rational debate.

When it is determined those seeking Asylum have a legitimate claim, they are afforded relief. When it is determined they do not, they are denied and sent back whence they came. That is the legitimate process and perusing your own government figures would show it as not being as universally lenient as you suggest.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:02 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And also supposedly a devout Catholic. I still haven't figured out how you reconcile those two things.
You think God wanted this Earth populated with freeloading snowflakes? You haven’t read a world history book I take it.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:04 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
We always get threads when celebrities tweet something critical of Trump or the Republicans.

Apparently, they should not be allowed to freely speak their minds.
Oh Legend can freely speak his mind and I can call him a filthy pig. Still doesn't need to be a thread, nor does half the crap the other side posts either.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:55 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
This seems to be the blanket response for anyone who thinks different from you/the Right. SO laughable. Someone you don't agree with, so GET OUT OUT OF MY COUNTRY, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.
No, it has to be said repeatedly because you don't even recognize or take responsibility for your own hypocrisy.
-- Legend, DeNiro, millions of others do not remotely live what they claim to be. That = FRAUDS.
-- I suggested they go live elsewhere b/c I know that millions of us that don't LIVE to FIGHT or look for a boogeyman around ever corner would live in greater peace and more prosperity. I also know that you all, in your "utopian paradise", would tear each other apart given the need to blame others as a way of lessening the intense self-loathing.
-- How about Red Zin, who won't answer the questions I posed in Post #26? What does that indicate about sincerity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
This.
It boggles the mind that our government wouldn’t just send the families coming across our borders illegally back to their country of origins. It makes no sense to separate them at all. Just send them away together. It cruel and heartless to separate all these families and honestly, this administration knows that and just don’t care.
Were you bothered about it during the last administration? Oh, or did the lame media not cover it very much so people weren't aware? Do you think they should have done their jobs then? Do you grasp their bias?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Why do the court jesters that we pay for mindless entertainment think that we care about their political opinion?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:13 AM

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times
Quote:
Better than jailing them separately.

You don’t think these kids are staying at the Hilton, do you?
i would prefer to deport the whole family as well. air drop them into mexico city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies