Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 05:46 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
No but you can amend it. Call it the Citizenship Amendment. Enough of courts "interpreting" what terms like "persons" and "residents" mean.

There is nothing in the wording of the 14th Amendment that grants birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens anyway. It's merely been a PC policy and it needs to be taken up with the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation as the wording reads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 05:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is nothing in the wording of the 14th Amendment that grants birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens anyway. It's merely been a PC policy and it needs to be taken up with the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation as the wording reads.
If that was true it would have been taken to the Supreme Court long ago.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:51 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not sure if the President has the power to do so and knowing that Democrats obstruct anything that is good for the Country, just to justify the lefts, no policy to run on so just be against everything that the President says or does.

If everify will be mandatory then no illegal should be able to work and employers will be held liable.

We don’t rent to illegals unless their entire credit report is fake, drivers license is fake and/or immigrupapers are fake as we verify if a foreigner is here legally based on income, visa status Etc. We can’t rent to anyone that can’t be here for only three months but responsible for an annual lease.

We already had three separate couples turned down due their papers not justifying any income but they were here legally but no work authorization. All claimed to work but had papers provided that show not allowed for work. None of them had green cards and all claimed to get a green card soon as they applied for one.

As a Legal alien going through the entire process I know that applying and getting a green card approved are two separate things.

I happen to know good legal aliens who got denied a green card but can stay here with visas as USCIS informed them that their work permits don’t require a green card as they travel a lot in and out of the country and they can keep doing that with a visa. Buying a home didn’t help them to get the green card.

The three examples I dealt with all had no proof of any income as all they claimed was paid under the table or coming from very shady “stories” with no proof at all.
Unfortunately he does not have that power, and if he did it Obama pen and phone style, the Left, which sat silent while Obummer did it all day long, would use the executive order as evidence to give to J Edgar Mueller to use to push for President Trump's impeachment.

I wish he DID have that power, though.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
There are many paths available to them - I-35S to Nvo. Laredo, I-25S to Juarez, I-19S to Nogales, and I-5S to Tijuana - to name a few. Their citizenship is waiting for them in Mexico.

Exactly! Why should we give millions of illegal aliens who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws a path to citizenship? Since when should unlawful behavior be rewarded? We did that back in 1986 and now well have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. When do these rewards and amnesties end? Also, that would increase our population numbers permanently and negate our sane annual quotas for legal immigration. How are Americans to get their jobs back by doing that? It's an added permanent stress on our natural and social resources also. No, they all need to be deported as they make themselves known and our immigration laws enforced. Enough is enough!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What riders came along with it or were attached to it? Was there any amnesty or other conditions?

There was and that's why most of the GOP wouldn't vote for it. Every immigration bill has had amnesty attached to it and/or a path to citizenship for illegals without them having to go home and apply like legal immigrants do. The path to citizenship begins by applying from your homeland to come here legally in the first place and then after a certain amount of time the immigrant can apply for citizenship. The process doesn't begin on our soil after coming here illegally. That's ridiculous!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,077 times
I have said it here on this forum before: The surest way to stem the flow of illegal immigration is to hold responsible the corporations that employ them.

It is odd how that never seems to be part of the discussion.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I have said it here on this forum before: The surest way to stem the flow of illegal immigration is to hold responsible the corporations that employ them.

I have a list of those who asked for Amnesty bills, including the Gang of Eight, (hinting that they might be hiring illegals.): https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ty-supporters/

If I can't get the consumers to give a rip and boycott these guys, then I doubt Congress will be too worried about going after the bad employers if the voters aren't serious about it.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If that was true it would have been taken to the Supreme Court long ago.
There is nothing in the 14th Amendment giving illegals citizenship. It didn't even grant Native Americans citizenship for goodness sake! If they find it in there, it's judicial activism/tyranny, not actually a valid interpretation of the 14th Amendment.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not sure if the President has the power to do so and knowing that Democrats obstruct anything that is good for the Country, just to justify the lefts, no policy to run on so just be against everything that the President says or does.

If everify will be mandatory then no illegal should be able to work and employers will be held liable.

We don’t rent to illegals unless their entire credit report is fake, drivers license is fake and/or immigrupapers are fake as we verify if a foreigner is here legally based on income, visa status Etc. We can’t rent to anyone that can’t be here for only three months but responsible for an annual lease.

We already had three separate couples turned down due their papers not justifying any income but they were here legally but no work authorization. All claimed to work but had papers provided that show not allowed for work. None of them had green cards and all claimed to get a green card soon as they applied for one.

As a Legal alien going through the entire process I know that applying and getting a green card approved are two separate things.

I happen to know good legal aliens who got denied a green card but can stay here with visas as USCIS informed them that their work permits don’t require a green card as they travel a lot in and out of the country and they can keep doing that with a visa. Buying a home didn’t help them to get the green card.

The three examples I dealt with all had no proof of any income as all they claimed was paid under the table or coming from very shady “stories” with no proof at all.
It’s a state issue. Only a handful of states require all employers to eVerify all employees.

Why is this?

Rather an investment in biometrics than a wall.

Most large employers do the eVerify thing regardless of state. Small businesses and households are the primary employers of undocumented people. Nothing partisan about it.

It would take an Act of Congress to make it a Federal Law.

The powerful state and national Chamber of Commerce lobbies vigorously oppose eVerify.

Not all undocumented workers hail from Mexico and Central America. Eastern Europeans flock to the US on Visitor Visas and have no problem being employed in the trades. Some return home, rinse and repeat. And some stay put.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80’s.
30+ years of doing nothing is no accident. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

What are you talking about it has always been a part of the discussion in here and also in congress. Where have you been? As for congress, there are too many sellouts in both parties to really clamp down on the employers but lately there have been a few employers that were caught and held accountable. That needs to be done a grand scale and would be much easier with e-verify in place. You seem to forget that it has to be proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens before they can be prosecuted also.

It's not only jobs that bring illegal aliens here but birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits to. All of the incentives need to be ended not just one or they will still come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies