Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 07:11 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Best guests ent is 11-12 million illegals in the US. They certainly are not all from Mexico and Central America.

80% of them are Mexicans or other Latinos and that's just a fact. It doesn't matter they all need to be deported no matter who they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 07:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well Wal Mart was nailed pretty hard so yes, they may have learned a lesson.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/19/b...l-workers.html
Actually Walmart copped a plea without admitting or being found guiltly of anything. They basically gave the Feds 11 million to go away.

Shows the pattern though. Virtually every store or office building has a similar arrangement using contractors. And so do primary contractors in construction. And this is all so well established that even eVerify will not stop it. Yes they will all have a set of fully legal workers. But who actually does the work? Any cash payments? Any workers off the books and paid in cash? Almost standard in restaurants.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats like saying "the Jews" are their donors. The top 0.1% are their big donors. But making this into a race and gender thing will keep alienating larger and larger swaths of the population. Wall Street democrats and their media lackeys constantly do it. Prepare for Kamala Harris swimming in big money bribery to go overboard portraying progressives as racists and sexists if they dont support her candidacy for president.
Problem is Trump is also part of 0.1

Old 07-02-2018, 07:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump had e-verify in his 2018 budget but it probably got scrapped by the Democrats as it was in the past. Not sure if any president can mandate e-verify by EO but why not since Obama waved his magic wand and gave million of illegal law breakers a stay of deportation.

There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had any illegal aliens working for him either.
Proposed $15 million in the 2018 budget:
https://www.govdocs.com/mandatory-e-...s-2018-budget/

Proposed $23 million in the 2019 budget:
https://www.govdocs.com/mandatory-e-...dget-proposal/

I DK the status of these proposed spends. Do you?

Both links make clear that state laws are the challenge.

Nothing has precluded the states from making eVerify mandatory for all employers/ employee. Yet the overwhelming majority of states have chosen not to do so, including the Big Three, California, Texas and Florida.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually Walmart copped a plea without admitting or being found guiltly of anything. They basically gave the Feds 11 million to go away.

Shows the pattern though. Virtually every store or office building has a similar arrangement using contractors. And so do primary contractors in construction. And this is all so well established that even eVerify will not stop it. Yes they will all have a set of fully legal workers. But who actually does the work? Any cash payments? Any workers off the books and paid in cash? Almost standard in restaurants.
Walmart used to hire illegal immigrants. That ceased 13 years ago.

No shortage of businesses use contractors, many of whom are small businesses.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
80% of them are Mexicans or other Latinos and that's just a fact. It doesn't matter they all need to be deported no matter who they are.
I have been using and watching roofing crews here for around 20 years. in fact just had a section of my roof redone. Virtually all the workers are Hispanic. Actually the crew boss on my job was not but the three workers were. And the owner is not Hispanic. And that tends to be the pattern. Are the Hispanic workers illegal? Mostly not but some are. How would you tell?

Deporting all is virtually impossible. The country is quite unwilling to do it for social and moral reasons and no one is willing to pay the cost.

And Everify will have little real effect. Simply force those on the books off the books. Sure a few will leave...but mostly they will go to the black market. only real result will be we collect less taxes.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not sure if the President has the power to do so and knowing that Democrats obstruct anything that is good for the Country, just to justify the lefts, no policy to run on so just be against everything that the President says or does.

If everify will be mandatory then no illegal should be able to work and employers will be held liable.

We don’t rent to illegals unless their entire credit report is fake, drivers license is fake and/or immigrupapers are fake as we verify if a foreigner is here legally based on income, visa status Etc. We can’t rent to anyone that can’t be here for only three months but responsible for an annual lease.

We already had three separate couples turned down due their papers not justifying any income but they were here legally but no work authorization. All claimed to work but had papers provided that show not allowed for work. None of them had green cards and all claimed to get a green card soon as they applied for one.

As a Legal alien going through the entire process I know that applying and getting a green card approved are two separate things.

I happen to know good legal aliens who got denied a green card but can stay here with visas as USCIS informed them that their work permits don’t require a green card as they travel a lot in and out of the country and they can keep doing that with a visa. Buying a home didn’t help them to get the green card.

The three examples I dealt with all had no proof of any income as all they claimed was paid under the table or coming from very shady “stories” with no proof at all.
Does Trump even know what e-verify means? He has said nothing about it ever has he?

Old 07-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Well for now courts have consistently upheld each and everyone of them is afforded Due Process unless captured within 100 miles of the border per a 1996 statute.

Could Congress expand the geography?

Then there’s the asylum thing...

Old 07-02-2018, 07:40 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
There are many paths available to them - I-35S to Nvo. Laredo, I-25S to Juarez, I-19S to Nogales, and I-5S to Tijuana - to name a few. Their citizenship is waiting for them in Mexico.

They're not all Mexican not even close.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Does Trump even know what e-verify means? He has said nothing about it ever has he?
Trump’s Admin proposed a relatively moderate amount of spending on eVerify in the 2018 and 2019 budgets. All things DC considered, the amounts appear more maintenance than anything. I don’t know if the line item was approved or spent or not.

The Obama Admin proposed spending $ 354 million on biometric identification within the 2017 budget. I don’t know if this line item was approved or spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies