Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 04:26 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times

Advertisements

No. We already engage in enough of that foolishness, there is no reason to expand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 04:58 AM

23,647 posts, read 12,569,566 times
If we build the wall then we should stay out of it, cartels and gangs would be their problems to solve. If we don't build the wall then the cartels and gangs would continue to be our problem too, so maybe we should think about dealing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
First of all we have no idea where the cartel leaders are so we should not get involved.
Sure they know, unless, they'd been spending all of their time trying to 'get Trump' instead of doing their real jobs.

Quote:
And also no to the wall unless red states are willing to pay for it. Go for it but leave blue states out of it
Suure, just as soon as you reimburse us for the billions that it had cost us to support illegals. Heck, we could build three or four walls just with that reimbursement. Sounds like a winner to me, start sending those checks in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Drone Strikes in other countries have seen innocent civilians killed, and would be difficult to justify as a type of law enforcement.
I agree. When hillary suggested drone striking the embassy just to stop Assange, it was clear that the 'powers that be' are far too comfortable with using drones and not caring about the innocents near the targets.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
If we can take out the drug cartels and MS-13, we remove the justification illegal aliens make for coming across our border. Remember in the 1990s one of the rationales behind NATO intervention in Kosovo and Bosnia was to stabilize the Balkans because refugees were invading Western Europe by the droves due to the wars there.

If we can defeat the Mexican cartels and MS 13 then there will be less illegal aliens "fleeing" to our country.

HOW is removing the cartels and MS 13 going to stop those who come here to make $$$ they send home? Jailing those who hire them would be a much more effective action and requires no incursion into another country.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:33 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
HOW is removing the cartels and MS 13 going to stop those who come here to make $$$ they send home? Jailing those who hire them would be a much more effective action and requires no incursion into another country.
He has no idea. One second he's campaigning for communism. The next he's going on about walls and bombing people.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:56 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
I think the CIA and DEA are in bed with them. The best thing we could do is legalize, put some of the massive tax money towards treatment when people have finally had enough and put the bastids out of business.

You don’t see liquor store owners shooting each other or chopping off arms to protect their territory.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:36 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Oh boy, all the USA needs is to get involved in another foreign mess.

No, I do not support the idea in the OP.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think the CIA and DEA are in bed with them. The best thing we could do is legalize, put some of the massive tax money towards treatment when people have finally had enough and put the bastids out of business.

You don’t see liquor store owners shooting each other or chopping off arms to protect their territory.

I often wonder about that. We have spy satellites that can read a license plate from I believe 22,500 miles above the earth, makes it a bit difficult we couldn't locate and stop drug shipments if it was really a priority. Lots of people making lots of $$$ in the trade.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally would support using military force against the Mexican drug cartels and also gangs like MS-13 in their home countries. Now I don't mean ground troops where we risk American casualties.

But I would be in favor of using drones and airstrikes to target the cartel leaders and threats along our border. In addition to building the wall.
Agreed, kill them on sight.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:48 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Or we could have Americans wean themselves off their drug habit and remove the income stream.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:50 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Jailing those who hire them would be a much more effective action and requires no incursion into another country.
I'll have you know you're talking about job creators, the holiest of the holiest cows. Surely you don't expect US politicians to punish the donor class?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies