Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 02:23 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The US has invaded Honduras since 1903 and at least once a decade thereafter to protect US business interests, banana plantations, banks and railroads. Other times it was to overthrow government or rebels and instill a US puppet till the next time.

When is enough enough?
Wars have been fought over opium and the opium trade all thru out history... there is just too much money to be made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 02:25 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
“WAR is a racket. It always has been.
It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one
international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the
losses in lives.” _____ General Smedley D. Butler

It's a shame the General's thought are not more widely publicized.
Yep and there are easily thousands of other voices who have said much the same thing. We need to butt the hell out of the rest of the world's problems already.

If the world wants somebody to play World Policeman, they need to create and fund that World Policeman. How many trillions of dollars of US taxpayer dollars have been wasted on us footing the bill for it? And it's not like we're angels. We pull all sorts of shady crap. Same thing happened with any other world power that came before us. You tend to look out for your own selfish interests.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:27 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look at how much money pharma was making on opioids, when doctors were giving them out left and right, they could barely keep up with demand, pharmacies had trouble keeping certain narcotics in stock!...and yet they didnt even challenge the Govt when they cracked down on them...what kind of sense does that make?

About as much sense as telling kids to stay away from drugs as we hand them out like candy. I knew someone who had minor shoulder surgery and was given two weeks worth of one of the Oxys (I can't tell the players apart without a program) and said Tylenol for a few days was more than adequate to keep him comfortable.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yep and there are easily thousands of other voices who have said much the same thing. We need to butt the hell out of the rest of the world's problems already.

If the world wants somebody to play World Policeman, they need to create and fund that World Policeman.
How many trillions of dollars of US taxpayer dollars have been wasted on us footing the bill for it? And it's not like we're angels. We pull all sorts of shady crap. Same thing happened with any other world power that came before us. You tend to look out for your own selfish interests.

I wouldn't even want to see that, there's no one I'd trust to put a price on things like lost limbs, traumatic brain injuries, or death. Let us take care of our own and leave other countries to do the same.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

If the world wants somebody to play World Policeman, they need to create and fund that World Policeman. How many trillions of dollars of US taxpayer dollars have been wasted on us footing the bill for it? And it's not like we're angels. We pull all sorts of shady crap. Same thing happened with any other world power that came before us. You tend to look out for your own selfish interests.
Plus, if you look at recent years, it doesnt matter which party holds the power at any given time (in relation to the war on drugs), it was during Obamas term, when dems had all the power, that they cracked down on opioids, this should have never happened under a liberal controlled govt...but it did??!

Voting doesnt really change anything about the war on drugs.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:10 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why would the federal government bomb itself?

Usually you are good for nothing.

Not here though. Indeed ,why would it?

Old 07-05-2018, 03:15 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally would support using military force against the Mexican drug cartels and also gangs like MS-13 in their home countries. Now I don't mean ground troops where we risk American casualties.

But I would be in favor of using drones and airstrikes to target the cartel leaders and threats along our border. In addition to building the wall.
My opinion is that the drug cartels are a sort of para-governmental entity (much like ISIS and the Taliban) and, like ISIS, they use terrorist tactics against enemies. As such, we could designate them a terrorist group and thus use that designation to issue sanctions for the refusal of the new Mexican President to help us bring cartels to justice.

As for building the wall, some of these cartels are loaded with cash. If we can capture that money, we could probably fund the wall with it. Besides, if we could get 33 or so Billion in gold coins to pay bomb-building, Yemen-invading, Israel and USA-hating Iran, we surely could get enough dough (yeah, I know we're broke, but that's never stopped us before!) to fund that border wall.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Were the wars successful on the war against terrorism?? It will keep coming. Peace can be achieved through peace and talks, not by tanks.
No argument there from me but it doesn't answer my question as to why anyone would think only the (R)s are for war.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Plus, if you look at recent years, it doesnt matter which party holds the power at any given time (in relation to the war on drugs), it was during Obamas term, when dems had all the power, that they cracked down on opioids, this should have never happened under a liberal controlled govt...but it did??!

Voting doesnt really change anything about the war on drugs.
Vote Libertarian then. R and D are just horrible failures at everything.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
https://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-w...uction/5358053

I wonder how well targeting our own military will go over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies