Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You and a majority of the posters in this thread generalized black people based on less than 2% of black people that are arrested in any given year.
There have been 39,000 homicides just in Chicago in the last 60 years. Perhaps 200,000 shooting victims. Most people don't look at numbers like those and think they are insignificant over time. It is pretty outrageous.

And that's not even looking at all the other kinds of crime that are committed every single day.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:26 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't think people "disappear from the thread" I think they get tired of hearing the same old B.S. generalizations from bigots on the other side, and yes, it IS bigotry.

Notice I didn't use raaaaacist, because it most cases nowadays it doesn't apply but people just love to toss that word around and use it like a club to bash people over the head with. Sadly for the folks who are most certainly victims of racism the word has been diluted and tossed out so much it's lost it's meaning.

You keep your phones a rollin', you keep your own bigotry hot and be ready to pounce on whitey. I'm sorry if that's not the way you meant it but that's how it reads.
Just remember that people sense hostility and "bad vibes" like some kind of foul odor to be avoided at all costs.
There's hostility, bigotry, and yes, even racism on BOTH sides of the color spectrum and that is truly sad.

I bet you do not even realize that you are not working from a correct definition of the term. The key ingredient that makes someone the "R" word is belief that some R's are innately superior or inferior to others. Thus, I see that reasoned on this forum ad nausea. Nearly every conservative argument that I read has an implicit assumption of black inferiority when the subject is race.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
There have been 39,000 homicides just in Chicago in the last 60 years. Perhaps 200,000 shooting victims. Most people don't look at numbers like those and think they are insignificant over time. It is pretty outrageous.

And that's not even looking at all the other kinds of crime that are committed every single day.

What does Chicago homicides over 60 years have to do with what I said about generalization.

Crime statistics in Chicago are insignificant to me period. I don't live in Chicago so am not your biased view of black Chicagoans based on murderers in Chicago lol.

It is pretty outrageous to me that you equate (generalize) black people with murders in Chicago in the last 60 years.

I'm sure you believe the tens of millions of people murdered from 1790 to 1965 aren't that significant in regards to 1 - your life and 2 - how you view white people as a whole. Note during that 175 year period, white people killed, raped, tortured, and maimed millions of black people.

But of course that is not important to you....

So why should 60 years in Chicago be important to me when I'm not from and don't live in Chicago.

Because most of them are black and according to you (generalization) all black people are murderers and should care about murders in places that occurred before they were born in a place where they don't even live? Very strange

Old 07-09-2018, 11:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I bet you do not even realize that you are not working from a correct definition of the term. The key ingredient that makes someone the "R" word is belief that some R's are innately superior or inferior to others. Thus, I see that reasoned on this forum ad nausea. Nearly every conservative argument that I read has an implicit assumption of black inferiority when the subject is race.

I agree with this in regards to most of the race threads. There is the assumption that blacks are inferior and are only associated with crime and negative things (see poster above who thinks I should care about 60 years worth of murders in Chicago - I'm in my 30s... and wasn't even alive for half that time period)

This is why I don't take most of these posters seriously nor their statistics - which are just things they use to rationalize their psychological illness to me (white supremacy/black inferiority). Luckily everyone is not like this around here but they are the most vocal in these sorts of threads. It is like they get their insane jollies off generalizing and bashing black people as a whole.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You are aware that the "assumption" of which you speak is wholly generated in your own mind right? If one is constantly looking and highly sensitized to any whiff of bigotry/racism then it only makes sense that one will find it in almost every situation unless of course someone meets another who totally agrees with them and their views...

Old 07-09-2018, 07:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this in regards to most of the race threads. There is the assumption that blacks are inferior and are only associated with crime and negative things (see poster above who thinks I should care about 60 years worth of murders in Chicago - I'm in my 30s... and wasn't even alive for half that time period)

This is why I don't take most of these posters seriously nor their statistics - which are just things they use to rationalize their psychological illness to me (white supremacy/black inferiority). Luckily everyone is not like this around here but they are the most vocal in these sorts of threads. It is like they get their insane jollies off generalizing and bashing black people as a whole.
Makes the exact point I stated in the prior post...

Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
So no black person has ever called the police for something that turned out to be frivolous or not a crime ?...
hmmm I don’t buy that ..

Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You are aware that the "assumption" of which you speak is wholly generated in your own mind right? If one is constantly looking and highly sensitized to any whiff of bigotry/racism then it only makes sense that one will find it in almost every situation unless of course someone meets another who totally agrees with them and their views...

There is really no assumption. If A = B and B = C....its no assumption or sensitivity to glean that therefore A = C. Conservatives will not come right out and say the verbal equivalent of A = C (that blacks are inferior). Instead they say that A = B then continue to say B = C......and then say people are LOOKING for racism when someone notes that the inference is that you are saying A = C. You all are all about subterfuge and plausible deniability.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Those pesky white people ..

—-
They Played Dominoes Outside Their Apartment For Decades. Then The White People Moved In And Police Started Showing Up.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lamvo/gentr...YM7#.sxWrp3nmq

Old 07-09-2018, 08:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
One moment I love dominos
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...romo-large.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies