Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 10:14 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
and probably 5% of the Chinese Americans today are descended from those brought over. That in no way parallels the condition of African Americans.

Keep reaching in your "black inferiority" grab bag of suggestions.
All I know is the Chinese immigrants started at the bottom and now we are the "model immigrants" with students who are better than white ones. We also don't have people calling the police about us, or with large numbers of our menfolk in prisons. And very few of us are on welfare, getting food stamps or living in Section 8 housing.

It's not for me to make excuses for the black community's poor performance. But keep making excuses and blaming whitey for your troubles... and five hundred, even a thousand years from now, blacks will still be at the bottom level of the global community. Shrug.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
It's not the culture that blacks arrived in America with.....so who broke it?
let me guess... whitey did it!!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
All I know is the Chinese immigrants started at the bottom and now we are the "model immigrants" with students who are better than white ones. We also don't have people calling the police about us, or with large numbers of our menfolk in prisons. And very few of us are on welfare, getting food stamps or living in Section 8 housing.

It's not for me to make excuses for the black community's poor performance. But keep making excuses and blaming whitey for your troubles... and five hundred, even a thousand years from now, blacks will still be at the bottom level of the global community. Shrug.
To be fair, there is a "natural" filter for immigrants from east asia. What I'm about to say is extremely politically incorrect and SJW's would be flaying me alive if they could for it.

Statistics do show that 51% of immigrants from east asia already have a college degree. Most of the rest already have the drive in them to advance and prosper by the fact that they were willing to leave everything they know behind and immigrate to the other side of the world for better opportunities. My family, for example, came here in the early 90s with nothing. Back in southeast asia, we were dirt poor. When we came here, both my parents worked minimum wage jobs, which was about $5.xx/hour at the time. About 6 months later, they were able to buy a trailer so we moved out of the crappy apartment we were in. Then about 2 years later, they were able to buy a new construction house. Still minimum wage jobs. All of 5 of us kids were sent to college by our parents. We all now have families of our own and have successful careers. We got 2 executives in the family. My niece (the first child in our family born in the US) is getting ready to go to med school. We have absolutely ZERO kids born out of wedlock. ALL of our kids have 2 parents.

This is the part that a lot of native born Americans have trouble believing, and I personally don't care whether they believe it or not. The argument that I keep hearing from native born Americans who don't believe our family's story is there are people who have been in the US for generations and are still dirt poor, therefore it was impossible for my family to have made it as far as we have made it. And no, we did not win the lottery.

My point is my family came to the US with a lot of ambitions. That in itself is a pretty big filter. You know how long my family had to wait in line to come here via the legal route? My parents applied. Then I was born. We finally made it here when I was 10. That was 10 years waiting in line. This is another filter. It ensures only the most ambitious from my part of the world made it over here. Trust me, if you go to my home country, you will find plenty of people who never had any ambition to advance and prosper.

Blacks have this disadvantage. They were literally ripped away from their homeland and culture. There was no filter at all. And they were bred for generations for traits that their masters wanted. Hence they as a community still have problems to these days.

Told you my opinion is extremely unpopular and will get me skinned alive by SJW's.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What is whiter than white? Translucent?
Invisible? ?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:53 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Blacks have this disadvantage. They were literally ripped away from their homeland and culture. There was no filter at all. And they were bred for generations for traits that their masters wanted. Hence they as a community still have problems to these days.

Told you my opinion is extremely unpopular and will get me skinned alive by SJW's.
Why would SJW's skin you alive for having an opinion that blames the white man for the black man's condition? It's the cusp of their entire ideology and you're agreeing with them.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:

If that is all you know.....then you are suffering from a lack of knowledge. The Chinese who were brought over to work the rails ARE not the same bloodline of the Chinese that are in America today. There is no parallel to blacks in America who 85% of blacks are descended from enslaved Africans in America and 90+% are descended of Africans enslaved in America or the Caribbean.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
To be fair, there is a "natural" filter for immigrants from east asia. What I'm about to say is extremely politically incorrect and SJW's would be flaying me alive if they could for it.

Statistics do show that 51% of immigrants from east asia already have a college degree. Most of the rest already have the drive in them to advance and prosper by the fact that they were willing to leave everything they know behind and immigrate to the other side of the world for better opportunities. My family, for example, came here in the early 90s with nothing. Back in southeast asia, we were dirt poor. When we came here, both my parents worked minimum wage jobs, which was about $5.xx/hour at the time. About 6 months later, they were able to buy a trailer so we moved out of the crappy apartment we were in. Then about 2 years later, they were able to buy a new construction house. Still minimum wage jobs. All of 5 of us kids were sent to college by our parents. We all now have families of our own and have successful careers. We got 2 executives in the family. My niece (the first child in our family born in the US) is getting ready to go to med school. We have absolutely ZERO kids born out of wedlock. ALL of our kids have 2 parents.

This is the part that a lot of native born Americans have trouble believing, and I personally don't care whether they believe it or not. The argument that I keep hearing from native born Americans who don't believe our family's story is there are people who have been in the US for generations and are still dirt poor, therefore it was impossible for my family to have made it as far as we have made it. And no, we did not win the lottery.

My point is my family came to the US with a lot of ambitions. That in itself is a pretty big filter. You know how long my family had to wait in line to come here via the legal route? My parents applied. Then I was born. We finally made it here when I was 10. That was 10 years waiting in line. This is another filter. It ensures only the most ambitious from my part of the world made it over here. Trust me, if you go to my home country, you will find plenty of people who never had any ambition to advance and prosper.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Blacks were ripped from their homeland and anyone who showed any get up and go was beaten back down if they weren't outright murdered. Families were split up. Children were fathered by slave owners. The years since haven't been much kinder. Against overwhelming odds, some have managed to get ahead, but overall natural selection and environment have not been supportive.

Whereas immigrants who self-select, tend to be those with get up and go, regardless of which country they started out from.

(Interestingly enough, many also tend to be those with the impulsiveness associated with ADHD. But that's another story.)

For example, most Irish stayed behind and starved. But some decided they'd had enough of hard times and made the journey. They encountered resistance, but managed to get ahead and help those who came behind.

Which might be part of the reason that folks aren't calling the cops on the Irish as much these days.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Why would SJW's skin you alive for having an opinion that blames the white man for the black man's condition? It's the cusp of their entire ideology and you're agreeing with them.
LOL you haven't dealt with SJWs very much have you? Their motto is everyone is born equal, everyone ought to end up equal, there is nothing wrong with teenage pregnancies or having kids out of wedlock, etc. They also believe that all general statements are wrong and offensive.

True story. Back in grad school, I was in a "safe space" room studying. I didn't know what it was. Anyway, there was a discussion and all the social justice warriors there agreed that all general statements were stereotypes. I disagreed with it. So I made the statement that people in east Asia consume a lot of rice. They yelled at me, accusing me of putting down asians. They came at me yelling and kicked me out of their "safe space".

I came back the next day with printed out statistics on rice consumption in east Asia versus everywhere else. They didn't want to hear it.

1. What's wrong with eating a lot of rice? It is morally neutral. Why did they react the way they did?

2. It is a fact that east asians eat a lot of rice.

3. SJWs are in for a rude awakening when they go out into the real world LOL.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:33 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
If that is all you know.....then you are suffering from a lack of knowledge. The Chinese who were brought over to work the rails ARE not the same bloodline of the Chinese that are in America today. There is no parallel to blacks in America who 85% of blacks are descended from enslaved Africans in America and 90+% are descended of Africans enslaved in America or the Caribbean.
How long is the black community going to play the victim card? Using it has clearly not improved their situation in any major way. And there are many successful descendants of slaves, but they have succeeded in America because they stopped dwelling on their past and just kept looking forward. The blacks who are trapped in the cycle of poverty seemed to be the ones who insist on blaming whitey for their woes and refuse be "Uncle Toms" like the Obamas, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Bill Cosby, Ben Carson, and Oprah, and instead cling to their angry rap music, player ways and speaking in an ebonic dialect.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
How long is the black community going to play the victim card? Using it has clearly not improved their situation in any major way. And there are many successful descendants of slaves, but they have succeeded in America because they stopped dwelling on their past and just kept looking forward. The blacks who are trapped in the cycle of poverty seemed to be the ones who insist on blaming whitey for their woes and refuse be "Uncle Toms" like the Obamas, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Bill Cosby, Ben Carson, and Oprah, and instead cling to their angry rap music, player ways and speaking in an ebonic dialect.

No shorter or longer than any other race would if they had the experience in the same time and space as African Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies