Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 08:10 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
The prison business is very lucrative here in the good ole US of A. Lots of lobbying from these private/public sector companies.
Very true, and who better to fill these prisons with than the people committing most of the crimes?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I’m sure it’s true but

1. Why is it only blacks and not other races as much if it is racism?

2. Black people are racist also against other races and against darker skin blacks.

3. Statistically blacks commit the most crimes and black neighborhoods are the most dangerous, therefore blacks are going To be more likely to have the cops called on them.
Then why do the cops also sprinkle crack dust on them too?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do you dislike black people?
No. I think that he just dislikes criminals and has no sympathy for using the police to catch them. He just doesn't have the "no snitch" mentality that pervades the black community.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Like I pointed out in the post above. White out of wedlock births increased from 3% to nearly 30% today, from 1960 to today. Show me the evidence of an increase in white rates of poverty and crime after illegitimacy grew to be 10 times higher among whites than it used to be.
Who said anything about an over all increase besides you? How in the world do you not know that crime is lower for all groups when the kids come from 2 parent families vs 1 parent?
In 1990 black poverty rate was ~55% of the 1967 rate, for all families it was ~75% of the 1967 rate. It fell for everyone. 1990 to present the levels have stayed fairly constant.

Quote:
If you cannot demonstrate that....then your theory is a FAIL.
Your premise was a fail from the getgo. It wasn't my premise either.

Quote:
Don't blame crime and poverty on single parent homes among blacks when a 10 fold increase in white illegitimacy produced no change in the rate of white crime and poverty rates.
Again crime went down over all as did poverty. You made a false premise.
You are even worse at math. Single parenthood
blacks 1965 24 1990 64 went up 40 percentage points
whites 1965 3 1990 18 went up 15 percentage points

Quote:
Also tell me what makes blacks more vulnerable to "gubment" than any other group to the degree that we fall victim to its ills of welfare and the like?
Because a higher percentage of blacks are raised by single parents, are less educated, and make less money. I've already explained this to you in simple terms.
It's regional too. How well do you think southern whites compare to northern whites as far as income and education since southern whites come from a higher percentage of single parent families? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/u...-families.html

Why those northern whites must be racist, right? Or are you still on the all whites are alike kick?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:45 AM
miu

I have never called the police on a black person. However, I confess that I do make an effort to not be in black and Hispanic majority areas. It's just commonsense.

Otherwise, in the late '70's, one of my parents' stores was held up by a pair of black men. The one that got the money was able to run away. Someone the other robber was detained. In court the next day, this robber lied and said that he didn't know the name of his accomplice. So much for taking an oath to tell the truth.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Who said anything about an over all increase besides you? How in the world do you not know that crime is lower for all groups when the kids come from 2 parent families vs 1 parent?
In 1990 black poverty rate was ~55% of the 1967 rate, for all families it was ~75% of the 1967 rate. It fell for everyone. 1990 to present the levels have stayed fairly constant.

Your premise was a fail from the getgo. It wasn't my premise either.

Again crime went down over all as did poverty. You made a false premise.
You are even worse at math.
blacks 1965 24 1990 64 went up 40 percentage points
whites 1965 3 1990 18 went up 15 percentage points

Because a higher percentage of blacks are raised by single parents, are less educated, and make less money. I've already explained this to you in simple terms.
It's regional too. How well do you think southern whites compare to northern whites as far as income and education? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/u...-families.html

Why those northern whites must be racist, right? Or are you still on the all whites are alike kick?

I don't know what you have against intellect, but you seem to be avoiding it. If single households create crime and poverty, increasing rates of single homes should have a proportional increase in rates of poverty and crime....and that is not the case. This is especially true among whites.

You have put the cart before the horse in your flawed reasoning. Marriage does not create an income. An unemployed male marrying an unemployed female creates zero income, despite marriage. People who are already poor and uneducated have lower rates of marriage. Not too many women want to marry a dead beat broke guy....what would be the point of that? Hence, its not the fact that the women did not marry the dead beat broke guy that keeps her household poor, because even if she did he would contribute little or nothing to household income, while being an extra mouth to feed.

There are many successful single women.....who have children and hence despite not being married, provide well for the family and there is little dysfunction. Therefore, you are confusing coincidence with causation. The issue is how much money INDIVIDUALS are earning. Individuals make up the parts of a marriage. Marriages don't make money....INDIVIDUALS make money. Two individuals married without jobs is still zero household income.

The fact that poverty is higher among single people is because these individuals don't make a lot of money or are on public assistance or not working at all. A married man and women both making minimum wage is still poverty because the INDIVIDUALS are poor. The reason black single homes are higher is because INDIVIDUAL poverty is higher among blacks than whites. The poverty rate will always be a lot higher for blacks than whites if black INDIVIDUALS or per capita black income, is much lower than per capita white income and black per capita wealth is a lot lower than white per capita wealth. If the marriage rate for blacks was 100% and 100% for whites, black rates of poverty would still be much higher than whites because black INDIVIDUALS earn less money and have less wealth than white INDIVIDUALS.

If all the black poor men and women all of a sudden married....they would all still be poor. Its a problem at the individual level.....not at the marriage level, which you don't seem to understand. Black individuals struggle more in this society than white individuals. Successful black individuals tend to marry....but the marriage did not make them successful individuals.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:53 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Yes. More whites are having out-of-wedlock births. However, from my own observations, unmarried white couples are still living together and sharing the parenting duties. Also, these unmarried parents are having children later in life, after they have established their career and have the income to raise their children properly. And of the single parents with children, they are college educated (or higher) women who are financially independent and feel that they don't need a man in order to raise their children well. They also don't want to wait for Mr. Right in order to have kids, because of that biological clock ticking thing.

Meanwhile, two years ago, a new hire, a 20 year old black woman (with only a high school degree) at work became an unwed mother with an unwilling black boyfriend (with only a high school degree).... who still posts on Facebook about the other women he'd like to "bang".
Your observations don't necessarily mean that what you state is true. Do you have any studies that show that these couples are any different from black couples?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM
miu

Quote:
Also tell me what makes blacks more vulnerable to "gubment" than any other group to the degree that we fall victim to its ills of welfare and the like?
A broken culture without any morals?

Many cultures would think it shameful to collect welfare, and other government handouts. They think that those help programs are best left for those who are truly down and out, and without any other options. I've known many Asians would would consider it very shameful to collect welfare or even unemployment benefits. And the same goes for many white people.

In Denmark, those on welfare have to also wear a uniform and go out on the streets to sweep the sidewalks and keep them claim. And the shame and embarrassment of being a street sweeper in public view cause the welfare recipient to find work and get off of welfare quickly. A Danish-American told me this 40 years ago.

Just because one is eligible for a particular help program, doesn't mean that they have to apply for it. And instead of applying for these government handouts, I've known many Chinese immigrants to just go out and get a second job in order to pay their bills. And actually, even if they don't need to, the Chinese will get a second job, save that money and eventually buy real estate with it. They don't take the extra money to buy frivolous bling or expensive hair weaves.

On the other hand, it seems to me that blacks love to show off their "success" when they have money, by buying luxuries that they don't need. Rather than just put the money in the bank and letting it grow. They have a pressing need to live large and show off to their friends and everyone else that they are apparently a success in life.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionswitchandsignal View Post
A hand full of calls that were wrong against thousands of calls where it was very justified. There is a reason the prisons are full of blacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
The prison business is very lucrative here in the good ole US of A. Lots of lobbying from these private/public sector companies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Very true, and who better to fill these prisons with than the people committing most of the crimes?
We know who gets convicted of crime and who is most likely to wind up in jail. In order to compare or figure out why, wouldn't we have to look at arrest rates, financial ability to afford lawyers, knowledge of the legal system etc? Are blacks and white who commit the same crime charged with the same offense (obviously homicide is homicide, but do black people get charged more severely for drug offenses than whites do?)?

The reasons why prisons are filled with black people may not be as simple as 'blacks are predisposed to commit crime'.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
A broken culture without any morals?

Many cultures would think it shameful to collect welfare, and other government handouts. They think that those help programs are best left for those who are truly down and out, and without any other options. I've known many Asians would would consider it very shameful to collect welfare or even unemployment benefits. And the same goes for many white people.

In Denmark, those on welfare have to also wear a uniform and go out on the streets to sweep the sidewalks and keep them claim. And the shame and embarrassment of being a street sweeper in public view cause the welfare recipient to find work and get off of welfare quickly. A Danish-American told me this 40 years ago.

Just because one is eligible for a particular help program, doesn't mean that they have to apply for it. And instead of applying for these government handouts, I've known many Chinese immigrants to just go out and get a second job in order to pay their bills. And actually, even if they don't need to, the Chinese will get a second job, save that money and eventually buy real estate with it. They don't take the extra money to buy frivolous bling or expensive hair weaves.

On the other hand, it seems to me that blacks love to show off their "success" when they have money, by buying luxuries that they don't need. Rather than just put the money in the bank and letting it grow. They have a pressing need to live large and show off to their friends and everyone else that they are apparently a success in life.

It's not the culture that blacks arrived in America with.....so who broke it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies