Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 01:24 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How long is the black community going to play the victim card? Using it has clearly not improved their situation in any major way. And there are many successful descendants of slaves, but they have succeeded in America because they stopped dwelling on their past and just kept looking forward. The blacks who are trapped in the cycle of poverty seemed to be the ones who insist on blaming whitey for their woes and refuse be "Uncle Toms" like the Obamas, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Bill Cosby, Ben Carson, and Oprah, and instead cling to their angry rap music, player ways and speaking in an ebonic dialect.
But they were victims and continue to be victims, though.

I'm about to say something that will **** off both the conservative nutjobs and the liberal SWJs.

Here are a couple ways that the white majority continue to victimize the black community.

(1) Intellectual laziness in its war against poverty. Anybody with the smallest of small brain knows that giving money to the poor does nothing to help them out of poverty. It makes the giver feel like mother Teressa, but it does nothing at all to help uplift the poor out of poverty. And yet, the mantra of the war on poverty is essentially the same thing as giving money to the poor. Instead of giving out food stamps and put single mothers on welfare, why not divert those resources to skills training. But nobody on either side of the political fence has any will to change the way the system works.

(2) The white majority has at some point started glorifying single motherhood. Every time someone says "I'm a single mother of 3" or such, we are suppose to say "awwwwww". Anyone with a brain knows that single-motherhood is one of the biggest predictor of perpetual poverty for both the mother and the kids. And this problem is a disaster for the black community, considering that single-motherhood in the black community is pushing toward 80%. This is a disaster that nobody on either side, conservative or liberal, seem to want to do anything about. Heck, I'm about to get blasted by both sides for simply pointing this out.

Yes, I blame the problems that plague the black community on the white majority. Why? Because the media, political offices, corporations, churches, etc. are for the most part controlled by white people. Instead of embracing hard work, education, financial success, family stability, etc., the white majority has been embracing mother Teressa (exactly how many people did mother Teressa lift out of poverty?) and single mothers. And god forbid if I try to share my family's formula to financial and family success because that would be "bragging". I also blame this on the white majority. Somehow, success is becoming taboo in this country.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No shorter or longer than any other race would if they had the experience in the same time and space as African Americans.
and how long would that be?

Old 07-10-2018, 02:09 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and how long would that be?
There is no time limit on playing the victim card. If you no longer have the victim card then you will have to become responsible for yourself. I don't see that happening in the near future. It's easier to blame someone else for your problems.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:11 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Blacks were ripped from their homeland and anyone who showed any get up and go was beaten back down if they weren't outright murdered. Families were split up. Children were fathered by slave owners. The years since haven't been much kinder. Against overwhelming odds, some have managed to get ahead, but overall natural selection and environment have not been supportive.
A great theory but the state of black culture in the 1950s show that they had recovered a great deal. Slavery may not have ben kind to the individual but it was no threat to their race. The welfare state on the other hand is just a form of decadence that spares no one, not inner city blacks, nor rural whites.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
There is no time limit on playing the victim card. If you no longer have the victim card then you will have to become responsible for yourself. I don't see that happening in the near future. It's easier to blame someone else for your problems.
true. their motto re: the victim card is 'from my cold, dead hands!'

Old 07-10-2018, 02:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So no black person has ever called the police for something that turned out to be frivolous or not a crime ?...
hmmm I don’t buy that ..

On this - honestly black people are less likely to call the police than other groups of people in this country. Oftentimes when we call police, we are interrogated as if we are criminals by the police when we were the ones to call them for help.

I'm a middle class black American and I've had this occur MANY times. I rarely ever call police and haven't since my early 20s because this occurred to me about 4-5 times in a row. I only call unless it is absolutely necessary - for car accidents, there was a fight where someone threatened to kill another person and pulled a gun once when I was at a friend's house and I called police so no one would get killed. Other than those - and I haven't had a car accident in about 10 years and the other one was about 5 or 6 years ago - I haven't called the police.

And note, I live in a lower income predominantly black neighborhood. We have many, what I call "characters" and even a neighbor with a grown son who comes around and starts mess who his mentally ill (his mom told me he has schizophrenia). I also moved back to my hometown in Ohio and I have a favorable view of our police department here - however, I will not call the police unless they are absolutely necessary for them to arrive. If I have an issue with my neighbors (which I do sometimes) I talk to my neighbor about ir. Even if I have an issue with a stranger on my street - like people arguing in front of my house (which happens every summer, I live in an urban area), I go out and ask them to go to their house to argue.

Calling the police, often to black people is like calling someone to harrass another person. IMO peple need to take care of frivoluous things themselves and not call police all the time over trivial things.

Note - I also have white neighbors and they don't call police all the time either. They joke that they love that I moved on the block (all my neighbors, not the just the white ones) because I'm not afraid to talk to people. Today, too many people are just afraid of other people and so don't take the rational choice of just engaging someone in a respectful way about an issue or instance that occurs.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Will note that yesterday and today were a barrage of the supremacist posse around here lol.

Funny that one even did say blacks were inferior to him/her yet no one pointed out that that is a purely, truely racist belief and gave that person a pass and kept up the reasons they are racist (statistics, "culture," and the stereotypes that these people inherently believe).

I hope psychologists come across this thread to see the pathology of the psychosis of racism around here.

This one was particularly funny! I wonder what are the "10 races" of humans....Note - biogeneticists have determined there is no such thing as a "race" amongst humans - it doesn't exist. A so-called white person in England has more biogenetically in common with a black person from Nigeria (and especially America) versus another white person from Finland in many instances. Physical traits are not indicative of being a certain "race."

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So do you believe that in the 30,000 or so years since homo sapiens split into 10 distinct racial groups, that the factors of evolution have not caused each to have positive and negative attributes over others?
How do you explain the overabundance of african americans in the NBA? Why are there no pygmies playing starting center?
Why have blacks become so dominant in the NFL, NBA, MLB... especially in positions where running and jumping are important?
Why is it that in the 120 years of modern olympics, Peru has only won one silver and one bronze medal.... for shooting and volleyball?
How many medals has just a single african nation- say Kenya- won in track and field in the same period?
102. 41 in the last 3 alone.
We can surmise the reason Peru has seen such lack of success could not possibly be because they are inferior to Kenyans. Thats impossible in your mind.
Maybe they are just lazy? Or whitey is keeping them down.
Finally why is it we have a movie called white men cant jump? Yep. No problem with that.
And we say black men are well endowed. Oh yeah baby. Look at this. Never been questioned.
Yet if someone made a movie called "black men cant do calculus" what happens then?

Old 07-10-2018, 03:51 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Will note that yesterday and today were a barrage of the supremacist posse around here lol.

Funny that one even did say blacks were inferior to him/her yet no one pointed out that that is a purely, truely racist belief and gave that person a pass and kept up the reasons they are racist (statistics, "culture," and the stereotypes that these people inherently believe).

I hope psychologists come across this thread to see the pathology of the psychosis of racism around here.

This one was particularly funny! I wonder what are the "10 races" of humans....Note - biogeneticists have determined there is no such thing as a "race" amongst humans - it doesn't exist. A so-called white person in England has more biogenetically in common with a black person from Nigeria (and especially America) versus another white person from Finland in many instances. Physical traits are not indicative of being a certain "race."

A psychologist should simply call you delusional. Just because I want equality under the law and individual dignity does not mean that I am going to be brain washed, psychotic idiot who does not understand that selective pressures caused human bio diversity. While the individual is typically more varied than the "race" which is nothing more than family lines, it begins to tell when the numbers reach the millions , or when the selective pressure is extreme ..I love how charming people think Hispanic extended families are when just a little more extended than this is a "race". They all mysteriously have certain phenotypes more prevalent than other groups....

See the problem is with you jack booted leftists that want to dominate the society. We on the libertarian side just observe statistics but elevate the individual nonetheless. You lefties for some reason want to ignore how every animal on earth is selected by nature or bred for characteristics. Apparently a toy Poodle should have a bite like a Pit Bull by da guberment edict . You attribute all differences in results to racist schemes, and conspiratorial Nazi theories and proceeded to attack and destroy every unequal out come . Your plan is to prosecute , confiscate and imprison people born with evil an unequal aptitudes.

Psychos, all of ya...

Old 07-10-2018, 03:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
I don't know what you have against intellect, but you seem to be avoiding it. If single households create crime and poverty, increasing rates of single homes should have a proportional increase in rates of poverty and crime....and that is not the case. This is especially true among whites.
Why bring up intellect when you lack it?
Again, one more time for everyone to see in hopes you do not deflect. Children from single parent households have a harder time making it to middle class vs kids from 2 parent families.
Nothing to do with increased poverty since anyone who seeks the truth knows poverty has gone down for all groups compared to 50 years ago.

Quote:
You have put the cart before the horse in your flawed reasoning. Marriage does not create an income. An unemployed male marrying an unemployed female creates zero income, despite marriage.
How is one parent who is unemployed better than 2 parents? Because 1 parent can manage a houshold better than 2? Your logic and reasoning is childish.

Quote:
People who are already poor and uneducated have lower rates of marriage. Not too many women want to marry a dead beat broke guy....what would be the point of that?
And? So?

Quote:
Hence, its not the fact that the women did not marry the dead beat broke guy that keeps her household poor, because even if she did he would contribute little or nothing to household income, while being an extra mouth to feed.
Nothing to do with marriage really, everything to do with single parenthood. You do understand that one can be a single parent yet not ever marry? Or is that too intellectual for you?

Quote:
There are many successful single women.....who have children and hence despite not being married, provide well for the family and there is little dysfunction. Therefore, you are confusing coincidence with causation.
lol What rubbish. You base your entire point on a minute percentage of children from single parent families. The exception, not the rule.
Overwhelmingly children from single parent families have less education, commit more crime, earn less money compared to children from 2 parent families. Logic and reason all backed up by facts tell us 2 parents can raise a child better than 1. Keep ignoring that fact.

Quote:
The issue is how much money INDIVIDUALS are earning. Individuals make up the parts of a marriage. Marriages don't make money....INDIVIDUALS make money. Two individuals married without jobs is still zero household income.
That's not the norm though. Plus the honest comparison is 1 parent with no income vs 2 parents with no income.
You took one minute data point, incorrectly applied it and act like it speaks for the rest from that very same group which tells us that children from a 1 parent family dont succeed as well as those from 2 parent families. Sorry if you can't stand facts.

Quote:
The fact that poverty is higher among single people is because these individuals don't make a lot of money or are on public assistance or not working at all.
Because they weren't raised in a better environment that a child would be more likely to get from a 2 parent family.

Quote:
A married man and women both making minimum wage is still poverty because the INDIVIDUALS are poor. The reason black single homes are higher is because INDIVIDUAL poverty is higher among blacks than whites.
Because they came from single parent homes themselves.

Quote:
The poverty rate will always be a lot higher for blacks than whites if black INDIVIDUALS or per capita black income, is much lower than per capita white income and black per capita wealth is a lot lower than white per capita wealth. If the marriage rate for blacks was 100% and 100% for whites, black rates of poverty would still be much higher than whites because black INDIVIDUALS earn less money and have less wealth than white INDIVIDUALS.
lol you have no proof of this and it's silly to even bring it up. So in 2019 every parent takes care of their child born that year. How long does it take society to catch up from all the past years? 2018 there are children out of wedlock yet you somehow think it magically transforms those raised in single parent homes to equal status? lol That's YOUR thought process.

Quote:
If all the black poor men and women all of a sudden married....they would all still be poor. Its a problem at the individual level.....not at the marriage level, which you don't seem to understand. Black individuals struggle more in this society than white individuals. Successful black individuals tend to marry....but the marriage did not make them successful individuals.
All those children would be raised by 2 parents instead of one. Overall that group will be better off. Saying anything else is absurd.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:55 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why bring up intellect when you lack it?
Again, one more time for everyone to see in hopes you do not deflect. Children from single parent households have a harder time making it to middle class vs kids from 2 parent families.
Nothing to do with increased poverty since anyone who seeks the truth knows poverty has gone down for all groups compared to 50 years ago.

How is one parent who is unemployed better than 2 parents? Because 1 parent can manage a houshold better than 2? Your logic and reasoning is childish.

And? So?

Nothing to do with marriage really, everything to do with single parenthood. You do understand that one can be a single parent yet not ever marry? Or is that too intellectual for you?

lol What rubbish. You base your entire point on a minute percentage of children from single parent families. The exception, not the rule.
Overwhelmingly children from single parent families have less education, commit more crime, earn less money compared to children from 2 parent families. Logic and reason all backed up by facts tell us 2 parents can raise a child better than 1. Keep ignoring that fact.

That's not the norm though. Plus the honest comparison is 1 parent with no income vs 2 parents with no income.
You took one minute data point, incorrectly applied it and act like it speaks for the rest from that very same group which tells us that children from a 1 parent family dont succeed as well as those from 2 parent families. Sorry if you can't stand facts.

Because they weren't raised in a better environment that a child would be more likely to get from a 2 parent family.

Because they came from single parent homes themselves.

lol you have no proof of this and it's silly to even bring it up. So in 2019 every parent takes care of their child born that year. How long does it take society to catch up from all the past years? 2018 there are children out of wedlock yet you somehow think it magically transforms those raised in single parent homes to equal status? lol That's YOUR thought process.

All those children would be raised by 2 parents instead of one. Overall that group will be better off. Saying anything else is absurd.

What you fail to understand is that the WHOLE can NEVER BE GREATER than the sum of its parts.

"According to the U.S Census Bureau "The per capita income for the overall population in 2008 was $26,964; for non-Hispanic Whites, it was $31,313; for Blacks, it was $18,406; for Asians, it was $30,292; and for Hispanics, it was $15,674."" SOURCE

Those numbers were from 10 years ago, but the gap has gotten worse.

The per capita income of black individuals is 18,000 and 31,000 for whites. That means that the average income of a black individual in America is 18,000 dollars and average income is 31,000 for white individual. Hence, if you take a black man and women both with the average income of 18,000 and they get married you get a black household income of 36,000. Do the same for the average white person and you get a white household income of 62,000.

I know you are not a rocket scientist, but all you need is elementary math skills to see that the gap of income between blacks and whites have little to do with rates of marriage. Its that BLACK INDIVIDUAL EARN 58% of what the average white individual EARNS!!!!

That is not the worst of it, white families have 10 times the net worth of black families. Why? The reason is because WHITE INDIVIDUALS have a lot more average wealth and income creating wealth than black individuals (although much of wealth is wrapped up in ones home which are usually owned by couples). White home values are the result of whites not valuing living in any other community but white ones, which means most DOLLARS are demanding white communities which bids up the value of white homes. Contrarily, the only people who desire to live in black areas are generally black people, who are only 13% of the US population and who have far less dollars to bid up the value of homes in the black community, but also blacks desire to live in majority white communities as well. Then factor white flight and housing discrimination into the incubation and creation of white black neighborhoods.

So marriage really does not have jack slit to do with the gaps between blacks and whites. The gaps are due to black individuals making less money and having less wealth. Keep in mind the wealth is inheritable.....as well as poverty. 300 years of racial oppression stunted the accrual of wealth that would have been passed down to the current generation. In regards to poverty, poverty was the consequence of the end of slavery, as blacks were landless and penniless. Poverty is more likely to produce poverty than any other economic class is likely to produce the poor. Ergo, high black poverty was not born from single parent household....but the oppression of black individuals. A symptom or side affect of that oppression became.......higher rates of single parent households.

Again.....some of you people WANT to be ignorant because ignorance is required to rationalize and hold onto your racism.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-10-2018 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies