Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 12:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For some people, it is easier to stereotype. And it is sad.

If cold weather was such a problem, my grandparents would not have moved to Wisconsin from Mississippi.
Again with this garbage based on one experience. It's not about one example. It's about the truth. Which you don't seem to get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 12:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
And in my experience, the persons who complain the most about Blacks, Hispanics, and "foreigners" have been conservatives.
That's because you don't care about the truth. You even equate conservatives with Trump.

Quote:
Some persons also try to insulate themselves from said persons. You have bigots on both sides.
But it's the white devil keeping blacks down, right?

Old 07-31-2018, 04:49 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
.........btw, what is a 'broadbrush head'? Is that some sort of racial slur we are supposed to use on here?
Given the thread's topic, maybe the opposite of "nappy"?

Like you, first time I've heard that term

Last edited by doc1; 07-31-2018 at 05:11 AM..

Old 07-31-2018, 05:02 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers; From the article, I don't think they're expecting the culture of northern New England to change. I think they want things like housing and businesses that might have more "ethnic" options.
WTH is "ethnic housing"? Is that a real thing now days?

Last edited by doc1; 07-31-2018 at 05:12 AM..

Old 07-31-2018, 05:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
WTH is "ethnic housing"? Is that a real thing now days?
I've not understood that one either. It doesn't make any sense.

The reality as I have already noted is that anyone moving into Northern New England can find homes for sale at every price point. Apartments in small towns can be found, usually in older homes rather than modern complexes that you might find in cities, but they meet the needs of those who live here now. Housing is not a barrier to in-migration.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:16 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,228 times
Complaining that a region is "too white" is like complaining that Puerto Rico is "too Latino." This is not only idiotic, it's racially and culturally discriminatory. I'm sorry that the woman in the article finds that too many people in New Hampshire don't speak Spanish, but what did she expect? If I move to Colombia, should I start a movement for "diversity," because there are too many Spanish-speaking Colombians? Stupidity of the highest order.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:27 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Complaining that a region is "too white" is like complaining that Puerto Rico is "too Latino." This is not only idiotic, it's racially and culturally discriminatory. I'm sorry that the woman in the article finds that too many people in New Hampshire don't speak Spanish, but what did she expect? If I move to Colombia, should I start a movement for "diversity," because there are too many Spanish-speaking Colombians? Stupidity of the highest order.

Not to mention just plain STUPID.

It's clear this country is going through racial and ethnic hysteria. That article was a new low.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:52 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Why, lately is an area that's 90% or more white seen as a terrible place that must immediately be made more diverse?
When people say that an area that's 90% or more black is a bad place, it's seen as a racist comment.
There are some states in America that have been settled by mostly whites; now if blacks choose to want o move there, they should be welcome to, but if they choose not to, why should the SJW push for it?
I don't get why an area, state, country that was initially settled by mostly whites, cause the SJW to insist it flooded with non whites immediately, like it's so horrible
In some cases, better schools.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:34 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
She might be able to complain if she were isolated but she can find many Spanish communities just a few miles south in northern Mass. Very much so. There are plenty of businesses catering to the Hispanic community as well as other immigrant cultures, quite close by.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:37 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
black culture doesn't sync with all white Noreaster states. When's the last time you heard of a black person from Vermont? lol... The liberal northeast supports the black movement as long as they stay out of their "areas". Odd how black people don't recognize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies