Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 10:50 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Fresh case filed against TCS for discrimination against American employees.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65942416.cms

Bloomberg has published a good article that around 7 Cases are coming up for Hearing in Courts for alleged discrimination. Should a court rule that Tata Consultancy’s and other consulting firms’ use of those visas violates anti-discrimination laws, it could force the companies to change their long-standing hiring and business models.

https://www.bna.com/tata-immigration-case-n73014482457/
Well...It's about time people sued these companies for blatant discrimination against non-Indians

Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times
The USCIS will issue Notices To Appear (NTA) to people whose applications regarding visa extension or changes in status have been denied. The NTA is considered to be the first step towards deportation of foreign nationals and instructs the concerned person to appear before an immigration judge.

https://www.newsworldindia.in/india-...w-rule/310694/

Old 09-29-2018, 08:25 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well...It's about time people sued these companies for blatant discrimination against non-Indians

Yeah there needs to be criminal prosecutions for this. These indentured servant body shops like Tata and Infosys go to a foreign country and then commit blatant ethnic discrimination against the natives? What other country would allow this without the locals running to pick up their pitchforks?

Old 09-29-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
The USCIS will issue Notices To Appear (NTA) to people whose applications regarding visa extension or changes in status have been denied. The NTA is considered to be the first step towards deportation of foreign nationals and instructs the concerned person to appear before an immigration judge.

https://www.newsworldindia.in/india-...w-rule/310694/

Do you know if the NTA is issued automatically after a denial, or does it only occur if ex. the H-1B doesn't give proper notice of making a timely return to India? Since the H-1B was never intended to be a visa that could even be extended, that is it was just a temporary visa with automatic return after a fixed term, I wonder if because of this, the H-1B was built in with this expectation and so it used to be uncommon to even consider NTA's? (Because most H-1B's would automatically plan to return home from the start)?

Old 09-29-2018, 03:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Do you know if the NTA is issued automatically after a denial, or does it only occur if ex. the H-1B doesn't give proper notice of making a timely return to India? Since the H-1B was never intended to be a visa that could even be extended, that is it was just a temporary visa with automatic return after a fixed term, I wonder if because of this, the H-1B was built in with this expectation and so it used to be uncommon to even consider NTA's? (Because most H-1B's would automatically plan to return home from the start)?
H1B is a dual purpose visa which can be used as a pathway to citizenship. Out the hundreds of H1B people I have worked with I never met one who overstayed. They are typically educated people and smart enough to know they could never return if they overstay.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
H1B is a dual purpose visa which can be used as a pathway to citizenship. Out the hundreds of H1B people I have worked with I never met one who overstayed. They are typically educated people and smart enough to know they could never return if they overstay.

good to know, makes sense

Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Just because you never met any who overstayed their visas, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65317203.cms

Old 10-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

It's really amazing how the US allows this kind of blatant discrimination to occur, against it's own workers by foreign workers and companies. I've worked across the world, in virtually every continent, and as much as their cultures vary and as kind and friendly as most people are, there's one thing guaranteed to send the population into a mass rage almost everywhere-- a country's government and corporations giving preference to foreign workers at the expense of local workers, let alone doing what Disney did and actually firing American workers forced to train cheap labor replacements from India. Anywhere else in the world, and I mean anywhere else, this kind of thing would be met with tarring and feathering and-- a lot worse. virtually nothing guaranteed to enrage a population more. And yet in the USA, Americans just react powerlessly almost like wimps on this, and if there's one type of behavior I never expected from Americans, it's being wimps on something so critical to basic survival. Imagine if an Indian government just gave away 200,000 high-paying jobs a year to Bangladeshis willing to work for peanuts and slave wages, while firing all the Indians needing a living wage in their own country? The blood of the treasonous officials (and sad to say, plenty of the Bangladeshis) would be running like a river in the street. This is considered pure treason of the worst form in just about any country out there. This is in fact has happened in several countries in the past couple decades when desperate foreigners were taken in as indentured servants and slaves by the ruling classes to replace the locals-- blood in the streets, every single time, in fact I think a state in India itself may have been one such case!

It's also why I see a lot of danger from the greedy and corrupt fools in too many US businesses (and of the course Indian body shops like Tata and Infosys) and corrupt government officials allowing this to happen. It was bad enough when US manufacturing and blue-collar jobs were outsourced or largely disappeared. At least then there were claims that American workers "could just re-train in computer programming or other white collar jobs w/ bigger salary! yea!". But now it's bait 'n' switch, and even those skilled jobs are disappearing thanks to the H-1B and other visas basically importing slave labor and indentured servants from India's vast population. So in other words, there is now almost nothing that Americans can do to guarantee their livelihoods and support their families, except for choosing rich parents. and a big trust fund.

What's scary about this is, I minored in history in college, and when a country's elites, corporations, politicians go full Marie Antoinette contempt on their own population like this, it always leads to violence, blood and tears for the elites. Always. There's not been a single exception in history, ever, and for reasons pretty darn obvious, when working people in a country no longer have any realistic opportunity to earn a good living, pay down debt, feed their families, they have nothing to lose and simply don't give a s--- if the society goes straight to hell, because it has nothing to offer them and rage eventually builds for the elites who sold them down the river. It's even worse in the USA due to the student loans and no health care when you're out of work or just contracting, and just the same historically, eventually the "foreign interloper" taking those high paying jobs also get targeted, which would be very sad in this case because the Indian indentured servants brought in on H-1B's are usually victims too. But history shows when people are angered enough, they just don't care, and eventually the Marie Antoinettes who try to profit by selling out their country wind up staring up at guillotines. I hope our modern ruling classes are smart enough to reverse things before they get that far, but again history's lessons show they usually never learn, their greed and back-stabbing treason gets so insatiable that they can't stop themselves, and then everything falls apart. The H-1B is "let them eat cake" treason of the highest level, importing foreign slaves to displace native workers. I just hope the elites read some history and wise up on where this is leading before it's too late.

Last edited by Corascant; 10-01-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-02-2018, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post

I am not aware that how this NTA process will take place as it has not been done before. All I know is that there is nothing written in the visa conditions that H1B has to automatically return.

Visa holders will take some steps within the deadline to prevent getting NTA and deported.

It is not that simple to remove a person from USA if he maintain a legal visa status. Even if any H-1B visa holder loses his status/job , nothing is preventing him from walking to a nearby Community College and enrolling as a student. That makes his stay legal for some months before he will again apply for H1B visa thru some Desi Consultancy.

If his wife joins a community college or University, H1B visa holder will stay in USA as a Dependent visa holder of a student until next cycle of H1B filing comes.

Their are some Private Universities which offer CPT from Day 1. Just google the term "Day 1 CPT University". they will give work status for 6 months or so and the person can continue working in his company.

Companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro dont support nowadays their employees for Green card after 6 years of H1B visa and want them to return back to India as they will prefer less salary fresh guys from india but then these people instead of returning after end of 6 years of H1B visa join their American clients and resign from Infosys etc.

They maintain their Green card filing date even after changing the company.

Last edited by munna21977; 10-02-2018 at 04:05 AM..

Old 10-02-2018, 03:53 AM

Democratic Senators are supporting H4 Visa work authorization. Please see this news link.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65977337.cms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies