Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 12:39 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I m not twisting. You say h1 needs to be abolished. Bigdgeek says if it was her, then they will be deported and given 30 days to leave. Or take a bullet in her foot if that means all h1bs leave. Even further she said" remember we can jail you, we can deport you. Shut up and stand in line". All these about people here legally.

And you keep applauding each other.

Finally running out of arguments you came back to corascantesque propaganda "americans are laid off and forced to train thier replacements".

I already made it clear that forbes article about whining h4s is rubbish.and the andhra folks are the worst offenders who makes wvery other indian look bad.
Don't put my words in anyone else's mouth.

I stand by what I said but I don't speak for anyone except myself.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:59 PM

932 posts, read 543,960 times
Quote:
I agree that it has caused misery to americans. I have no problemwirh your opinion on abolishment. But it would be a hard fought battle. Good luck and keep fighting. At least no you have trump who is leading something.
First world problems are first world problems.

Misery is a big word for it.

I don't think we should be concerned about people who worked decades in IT, earned big bucks and squandered it on big houses and expensive cars.
And then they can't find a job in a sector with record low unemployment rates because they failed to update themselves during these years and they don't know how to do a basic job search and aren't flexible enough.

Americans are getting jobs even though they failed to update themselves if they knew where and how to look.

We shouldn't associate this condition with 'misery'.

When you are working for someone else, you shouldn't feel hurt due to job loss if you haven't done anything wrong. You should concentrate on your next opportunity.
There have been companies that have been playing foul but they are what they are. World isn't perfect.

There are many Indians who got racially discriminated over many years and its still going on.They have been sucking it up and moving forward.
Its very difficult for them to move to higher management even though they are more qualified.
People who have 20+ years of experience in the company, talented and have advanced degrees and are citizens of US are being passed over for promotions. Its not ok but life goes on.

Their main concern is with the unfair rules of legal immigration which is breaking up families, limiting freedom for them to change jobs and for their spouses and kids.

Last edited by crazyforger; 06-17-2019 at 02:21 PM..

Old 06-17-2019, 03:12 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
First world problems are first world problems.

Misery is a big word for it.

I don't think we should be concerned about people who worked decades in IT, earned big bucks and squandered it on big houses and expensive cars.
And then they can't find a job in a sector with record low unemployment rates because they failed to update themselves during these years and they don't know how to do a basic job search and aren't flexible enough.

Americans are getting jobs even though they failed to update themselves if they knew where and how to look.

We shouldn't associate this condition with 'misery'.

When you are working for someone else, you shouldn't feel hurt due to job loss if you haven't done anything wrong. You should concentrate on your next opportunity.
There have been companies that have been playing foul but they are what they are. World isn't perfect.

There are many Indians who got racially discriminated over many years and its still going on.They have been sucking it up and moving forward.
Its very difficult for them to move to higher management even though they are more qualified.
People who have 20+ years of experience in the company, talented and have advanced degrees and are citizens of US are being passed over for promotions. Its not ok but life goes on.

Their main concern is with the unfair rules of legal immigration which is breaking up families, limiting freedom for them to change jobs and for their spouses and kids.
You have given an ectension of rhis thread by another 5 pages.

I am emphatetic and diplomatic and my views stand somewhere in between yours and bosiad/bigd.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:28 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
CF acts like H1-Bs don't squander it "on big houses and expensive cars" Shows how out of touch he is. We've all read the stories of H1-Bs who didn't get their visa extended and didn't get a green card and had squandered their money on homes and fancy cars. Then they whine about it when they have to go home to their birth country.

In fact, now that their H-4 wives can get jobs, they are spending more money. A good example is of the H-4 wife who whined about how they just bought a second house and if she can't work, they will have to sell that second house. Then they expect Americans to feel sorry for them---what gall!

CF also needs to read the stories of those Americans who were laid off and replaced by H1-Bs and had to endure the humiliation of training their replacements if they wanted to get their severance pay. Not all of those Americans squandered their money on McMansions or fancy cars. Now, after being laid off, they find themselves struggling to pay the mortgage. Then when they look for work, they come across Indians who do the hiring and blatantly discriminate against non-Indians. When it comes to that discrimination---I am so glad that there are now pending lawsuits against those bigoted Indians It's long overdue.

Too bad Cf is seething about not having a green card. No one has sympathy for him---and no one owes him a green card either.

I told CF this many times but I guess he refuses to believe it --- Careful! You just might get what you wish for. If you ever get that green card---be aware! You, too, could easily be replaced by an H1-B Oh, how rich that would be!

Old 06-17-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
CF acts like H1-Bs don't squander it "on big houses and expensive cars" Shows how out of touch he is. We've all read the stories of H1-Bs who didn't get their visa extended and didn't get a green card and had squandered their money on homes and fancy cars. Then they whine about it when they have to go home to their birth country.

In fact, now that their H-4 wives can get jobs, they are spending more money. A good example is of the H-4 wife who whined about how they just bought a second house and if she can't work, they will have to sell that second house. Then they expect Americans to feel sorry for them---what gall!

CF also needs to read the stories of those Americans who were laid off and replaced by H1-Bs and had to endure the humiliation of training their replacements if they wanted to get their severance pay. Not all of those Americans squandered their money on McMansions or fancy cars. Now, after being laid off, they find themselves struggling to pay the mortgage. Then when they look for work, they come across Indians who do the hiring and blatantly discriminate against non-Indians. When it comes to that discrimination---I am so glad that there are now pending lawsuits against those bigoted Indians It's long overdue.

Too bad Cf is seething about not having a green card. No one has sympathy for him---and no one owes him a green card either.

I told CF this many times but I guess he refuses to believe it --- Careful! You just might get what you wish for. If you ever get that green card---be aware! You, too, could easily be replaced by an H1-B Oh, how rich that would be!
Did I say that I care about H1Bs who do the same?
Silly

And if I get replaced by H1B after getting a GC, I wouldn't whine about it. I would look for next opportunity.
There are plenty of opportunities. I don't get attached to companies. I am there to work.
Only those who don't have self respect or treat a job as their life, would get hurt lol

Old 06-17-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
You have given an ectension of rhis thread by another 5 pages.

I am emphatetic and diplomatic and my views stand somewhere in between yours and bosiad/bigd.
I guess so. But I have no hopes for them to get it.
Some people become bitter when they get old and their sense of logic would stop working on certain issues. Just the way it is. I might become the same too. There is no way to know.
I sympathize with them. Pretty sure that they are wonderful people.
I have seen BigDGeek helping out quite a bit on other forums.

These guys are treating IT workers as those who work in a declining industry like coal mining lol

Just move on to the next opportunity......if they can't then there is something wrong with them and are unable to accept it.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Did I say that I care about H1Bs who do the same?
Silly

And if I get replaced by H1B after getting a GC, I wouldn't whine about it. I would look for next opportunity.
There are plenty of opportunities. I don't get attached to companies. I am there to work.
Only those who don't have self respect or treat a job as their life, would get hurt lol
You say you wouldn't whine about it, yet you whine about having to wait for a green card. WAH IT'S NOT FAIR!

It is, actually. It's fair. It would be UNFAIR to let India grab almost 100% of all employment-based GCs for the next decade by lifting the country cap.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:42 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You say you wouldn't whine about it, yet you whine about having to wait for a green card. WAH IT'S NOT FAIR!

It is, actually. It's fair. It would be UNFAIR to let India grab almost 100% of all employment-based GCs for the next decade by lifting the country cap.
You're right. He would be throwing a tantrum if he got replaced by an H1-B. He also would be bitterly complaining about having to train his replacement. Plus, what if he was laid off because his job was off shored to India? Oh, the horror! Will he follow his job back to India? Maybe...when h*ll freezes over.

He's not fooling anyone except himself.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

You got me wrong again.

If the country is gaining anything from blocking GCs , I wouldn't whine.

But its a lose lose situation.

India wouldn't grab 100% if chain migration is restricted.

You should see the kind of guys that get in due to this.

Employment based Green Card count is very less compared to relatives based GCs.

But as I know you, you are only interested in hyped up news rather than reality.

Last edited by crazyforger; 06-18-2019 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You're right. He would be throwing a tantrum if he got replaced by an H1-B. He also would be bitterly complaining about having to train his replacement. Plus, what if he was laid off because his job was off shored to India? Oh, the horror! Will he follow his job back to India? Maybe...when h*ll freezes over.

He's not fooling anyone except himself.
I am not that dumb.My life doesn't revolve around a company.
People who throw a tantrum have no self respect and haven't really planned ahead like you.

Last edited by crazyforger; 06-18-2019 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies