Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 02:37 PM

932 posts, read 543,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Four spouses of Indian H-1B visa holders have sued the US Government over undue delays in their H-4 extension and work authorization renewal. They’ve claimed that the USCIS intentionally delayed the renewal process, putting the petitioners at a risk of losing jobs, insurance and even their driver’s licences.

https://trak.in/tags/business/2019/0...layed-h4-visa/

And they should win.
A nation becomes great by brave people like these.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:42 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
And they should win.
A nation becomes great by brave people like these.
Not surprising that you're taking the side of entitled, ungrateful housewives who had no right to work during the first 25 years of the H1B program, yet all of a sudden complain that it'll crash the economy and ruin lives if the visas not only aren't renewed, but renewed PROMPTLY?

Are they mad that they can't pay a bribe to get it done faster?

If I had anything to say about it, these smug entitled housewives would be deported immediately.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:31 PM

22,460 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Not surprising that you're taking the side of entitled, ungrateful housewives who had no right to work during the first 25 years of the H1B program, yet all of a sudden complain that it'll crash the economy and ruin lives if the visas not only aren't renewed, but renewed PROMPTLY?

If I had anything to say about it, these smug entitled housewives would be deported immediately.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:02 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,138 times
Quote:

I was talking with an old tech colleague about this, Indian-American no less, who agreed that the H-4 visa program has been a total disaster. It bypassed a lot of the normal checks on immigration verification, through an Obama executive order not a law, and the result has been a massive increase in corruption not only by H-1B visa holders' wives but by the visa holders and families themselves. It's just another route to cheap labor and exploitation of both foreign and American workers by unscrupulous corporations and body shops.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
I was talking with an old tech colleague about this, Indian-American no less, who agreed that the H-4 visa program has been a total disaster. It bypassed a lot of the normal checks on immigration verification, through an Obama executive order not a law, and the result has been a massive increase in corruption not only by H-1B visa holders' wives but by the visa holders and families themselves. It's just another route to cheap labor and exploitation of both foreign and American workers by unscrupulous corporations and body shops.
And what qualifies him to decide on this?
He is old or because he is in tech? wow.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:07 PM

22,460 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Spot on

Anyone who disagrees with you needs to do their own research. IOW---learn to use google.

The H1-B visa program is riddled with corruption. With that in mind, how can anyone think that the H-4 visa program would somehow be free of corruption?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:

Lol...you know that you don't make sense.
For first 25 years of H1B program, they had got green card by the time they are getting H4EAD now..

Old 06-12-2019, 06:41 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
The H-1B and L-1 visa abuses: is Trump reforming them?
If he has, the results cannot be seen. I still see vast majority of employees being from India where I work. No change whatsoever.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Lol...you know that you don't make sense.
For first 25 years of H1B program, they had got green card by the time they are getting H4EAD now..
You and I both know that isn't true. The amount of time that it takes for an Indian to get a green card has been steadily increasing for years. Our laws haven't changed; you guys have simply been flooding our country with cheap labor and are now complaining about the rules of the game. You want us to change our laws to suit your desires. You need to realize that you are here because we ALLOW you to be here. You are not entitled to be here. You can go home or you can find another country willing to put up with your nonsense.

You can be deported. Remember that. We can deny you a visa extension. We can deny your green card. We can prosecute you and jail you for visa fraud. We can even denaturalize you if you do something heinous enough. You'll wait in line patiently and shut up about it. It's not our fault you suddenly changed your mind about the rules after you got around to figuring out how the game is played. Maybe you should have thought of that before leaving India.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you play the game by our rules or you can pick up your toys and leave.

If it were up to me, 90% of you would be getting deportation orders today with 30 days to settle your affairs and leave the country. We'll manage just fine without you.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:26 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,258 times
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...st-immigration

Interesting article regarding Revocations of H-1B visas. Extension denial or Revocation cases have started to increase, specifically targeting third party locations or staffing companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies