Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Business as usual.

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem | Fox News

NFL players continued to protest during the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began the first full week of its 2018 preseason.

Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.
Boycott NFL

Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times
The NFL is largely to blame at this point, as they encouraged and enabled this clearly anti-American behavior to persist throughout last season. Anyone who continues to support this anti-American organization needs to go look at themselves in the mirror and realize what it is you are supporting and what that clearly says about you.

Calling out the players is a distraction. Sure, the kneelers are anti-American scum. But the enablers are the ones that are most substantially to blame here. And that includes the owners, the NFL organization, and the people who continue to watch and support this league. Which sadly includes tens of millions of people, including quite a few posters on this board and in this very thread.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It might be peaceful but it is not noble and most who are protesting have no real idea why. If they are so caring why not donate money to charity or try and help those in need instead of showing disrespect I wonder if they had done that in high school how far they would have gotten and would they be walking on easy street right now?

Why do people like you keep saying the same old thing about this lol.

Why do you think they don't know "who they are protesting" and why do you believe they dn't give money to charities or help people in need. Black NFL players are pretty well known for their charity and giving to organizations and people in need and have been for years. And it is rather....odd I'll say - for you to believe that they don't know who or what they are protesting. IMO that portion of your comment is more about you than the players. They are taking a lot of heat for their protest and are in danger themselves of losing money based on this protest. Of course they know what they are doing.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
None of that really matters if you are a black man and the police who are there to protect & serve you are busy putting bullets in your back instead.

yeah because that is the crisis in black communities....getting bullets in your back by the police....is not the high homicide rate and violence done by black criminals against blacks that they can't be in peace....is not the high unemployment rate and bad public school system and the breakdown of the black families by having over 75% of black babies born out of wedlock....NO, NO, NO!!! That doesn't fit the narrative. It has to be white cops! yeah that is what's keeping black people down.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:35 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
It might be peaceful but it is not noble and most who are protesting have no real idea why. If they are so caring why not donate money to charity or try and help those in need instead of showing disrespect I wonder if they had done that in high school how far they would have gotten and would they be walking on easy street right now?
It's clear that you don't know what they are protesting, I'm pretty sure that THEY do.

Quote:
"I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed,” Kaepernick said. “To me, this is something that has to change. When there's significant change and I feel that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, and this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand.

"This stand wasn’t for me. This is because I’m seeing things happen to people that don’t have a voice, people that don’t have a platform to talk and have their voices heard, and effect change. So I’m in the position where I can do that and I’m going to do that for people that can’t."

His decision to sit during the national anthem drew criticism, though. Many felt and still feel it was disrespectful to the United States, its flag, and its military.

"I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country,” Kaepernick said. “I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening.

“People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos, I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they fought have for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right."
What charity does one donate to, to stop police shooting people for no good reason? What charity do you donate to, to stop racial profiling? Who do you donate to to raise awareness about things like "driving while being black"?

The rest of your posts regarding if they were disrespectful kids they wouldn't be where they are, is just BS...BECAUSE they ARE where they ARE.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The NFL is largely to blame at this point, as they encouraged and enabled this clearly anti-American behavior to persist throughout last season. Anyone who continues to support this anti-American organization needs to go look at themselves in the mirror and realize what it is you are supporting and what that clearly says about you.

Calling out the players is a distraction. Sure, the kneelers are anti-American scum. But the enablers are the ones that are most substantially to blame here. And that includes the owners, the NFL organization, and the people who continue to watch and support this league. Which sadly includes tens of millions of people, including quite a few posters on this board and in this very thread.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
BS, they are protected by the law, and nothing in their contracts says they have to stand for the anthem.

All of this was well below radar until thin skin trump made a huge stink out of it.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times
If they were protesting during the national anthem, they were protesting the flag and our nation, whether they or anyone here says so, or they realize it, or not.

Case closed.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:39 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,503 times
Quote:
Donate money to a charity? What the Stop Killing Unarmed Black Men Foundation?

BTW, a small percentage of NFL players are on easy street. It's a lousy career for most. Careers are short (like 3.5 years on average) and you get seriously damaged.

Another lie by Trump was saying NFL players get the majority of the revenue.

The NFL pays less than the NHL for crissake (see link) and the numbers are inflated by a small number of established quarterbacks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/spor...alaries-2015-5

Old 08-10-2018, 02:43 PM

11,342 posts, read 16,697,527 times
"IF" I was an owner.

You want to protest, fine, do it on your time, not when I'm paying you millions wearing my uniform.

You still want to protest....it's bench time.

Next!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Why do people like you keep saying the same old thing about this lol.

Why do you think they don't know "who they are protesting" and why do you believe they dn't give money to charities or help people in need. Black NFL players are pretty well known for their charity and giving to organizations and people in need and have been for years. And it is rather....odd I'll say - for you to believe that they don't know who or what they are protesting. IMO that portion of your comment is more about you than the players. They are taking a lot of heat for their protest and are in danger themselves of losing money based on this protest. Of course they know what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies