Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You should be glad they're protesting then.

I think pretty much every poster called you out on your asanine statement.
I was called out on nothing. The NFL took a pretty big hit in the wallet last year.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Kneeling during the anthem is traitorous and treasonous. Why do you support traitors and treason?
You think the Founding Fathers would have thought kneeling during the National Anthem is "traitorous and treasonous"? LMFAO

Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Exactly.

The reasons have been laid out time, and time again, but he's too imbecilic to get it.
Maybe he's asking for them to come up with a solution. Something that is sadly lacking in this whole conversation. The police are a reactionary force, why are the police reacting to the black community the way they are. I'm not going to pretend that the police couldn't use a training overhaul but the black community needs to look inward as well.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 08-10-2018 at 09:30 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I was called out on nothing. The NFL took a pretty big hit in the wallet last year.
Derp derp herpa derp. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Quote:
Each of the league's 32 teams took in $255 million in national revenues in 2017, according to a report by ESPN's Darren Rovell. That adds up to $8.16 billion for the entire league, and is a 4.9 percent increase over 2016.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:21 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
I am going to respond this one time to the over all view.
You don't have to be smart, rich and or stupid to protest anything.
You can complain about spoons and forks and protest during the national anthem. You could protest a war the US could be in etc etc and still get the same results.

Here is what it really is. Some football players at their JOB, decided to protest on the JOB. If I walk into my place of business and start a protest over something for all the customers to see as they interact with the business you are going to have some issues.

So HR will call me down and either fire me or give me a warning.
Now you have to options , protest out of the office, out of your JOB location and do some marches, some events etc etc but the people are using the NFL job, place of business to protest.

I don't care what the message is, I don't care if its wrong or right, like I said you can protest SPOONS or Knives or Forks I don't care but don't expect to do it AT YOUR JOB!!!

So some CUSTOMERS are complaining about the REASON for the protest and the funny thing is THEY CHOOSE to do it during the FLAG, they could it in press conferences, after game, before game interviews, but they choose the FLAG. But, that is the point right. Here is what I do know!!!! Kim Kardashian got someone out of prison and talked to the president to make it happen. Instead of protesting in the NFL maybe you should talk to the president and maybe he can look into getting something ACTUALLY DONE. These players could have asked in several contacts to the president and support Trumps changes in inner citys and reforms. But they cant do that, remember TRUMP is a racist right? :-) Then when you stand for the FLAG, and pledge alliance to freedom and justice for all, you might USE the NFL power and voice for something MORE THEN a fist in the AIR, and a kneel.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:26 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I am going to respond this one time to the over all view.
You don't have to be smart, rich and or stupid to protest anything.
You can complain about spoons and forks and protest during the national anthem. You could protest a war the US could be in etc etc and still get the same results.

Here is what it really is. Some football players at their JOB, decided to protest on the JOB. If I walk into my place of business and start a protest over something for all the customers to see as they interact with the business you are going to have some issues.

So HR will call me down and either fire me or give me a warning.
Now you have to options , protest out of the office, out of your JOB location and do some marches, some events etc etc but the people are using the NFL job, place of business to protest.

I don't care what the message is, I don't care if its wrong or right, like I said you can protest SPOONS or Knives or Forks I don't care but don't expect to do it AT YOUR JOB!!!

So some CUSTOMERS are complaining about the REASON for the protest and the funny thing is THEY CHOOSE to do it during the FLAG, they could it in press conferences, after game, before game interviews, but they choose the FLAG. But, that is the point right. Here is what I do know!!!! Kim Kardashian got someone out of prison and talked to the president to make it happen. Instead of protesting in the NFL maybe you should talk to the president and maybe he can look into getting something ACTUALLY DONE. These players could have asked in several contacts to the president and support Trumps changes in inner citys and reforms. But they cant do that, remember TRUMP is a racist right? :-) Then when you stand for the FLAG, and pledge alliance to freedom and justice for all, you might USE the NFL power and voice for something MORE THEN a fist in the AIR, and a kneel.
Does your job play the anthem every morning before work?

if not then it's not a fair comparison.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:28 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Why are people comparing their jobs to NFL players jobs?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Why are people comparing their jobs to NFL players jobs?
Because they don't understand nuance or context?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:35 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
Quote:
Who is lying? YOU, or the NFL?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-2017-revenue/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...fl-since-2005/

https://www.upi.com/NFL-revenue-up-i...6431531859925/

Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
So racist black supremacists are insisting on insulting and alienating their employer's customers? Costing their employer business and money. Just curious-who here works at a company where it would be tolerated if you did this-especially on company time?

Would it be acceptable to put on a KKK hood during the anthem instead?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 08-10-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies