Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

An obnoxious difficult to sing tune that should have been replaced years ago and relegated to to the dustbin of history along with the electoral college. Americans sure hold onto some stupid outdated ****.

And to think that a *****-grabbing grifter and birther uses it to deflect attention away from his abominable actions and folks fall for the feigned outrage and hop on board the Trump obtuse insanity train. Pathetic!
The Butthurt level is strong in this one. LOL

Old 08-10-2018, 07:11 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And HOW would you propose problems get fixed unless people are aware of them?
Haven't you heard? People in comas are the most politically proactive.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 AM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theferm View Post
NFL will suffer. People who watch are mostly patriotic.
Justice for all is patriotic. It's in the Pledge of Allegiance, for crying out loud.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:16 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I did not realize that the pre-season had started and was watching a CFL game last night. After that I watched some news show where a cop was chasing a black dude down the street and then paused, took a stance, and shot the guy running from him in the back. Kneeling is not going to be enough, I'm afraid.
I guess you missed the dude’s gun?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Good for them!!

This is what Americans are supposed to do when Govt has become tyrannical, its actually the very least thing!

American citizens are NEVER to show respect for, or honor, obey or comply, with a tyrannical authority (this even applies if its the US govt).
Wow, I guess I missed the tyranny. Those men got very rich in America playing an American sport. The economy is doing well and unemployment is low. Opportunity is open to minorities more than ever.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Business as usual.

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem | Fox News

NFL players continued to protest during the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began the first full week of its 2018 preseason.

Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.
Good, they're self lowering their future incomes....go for it brother.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:29 AM

574 posts, read 299,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
My wife is ecstatic. Another season I won't be watching football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep. You can join her at the mall & the nursery
Nursery - Babies in diapers crying. NFL - Bigger babies in uniforms crying

Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Are the people who passionately defend white supremacist freedom of (hate) speech, the same as those appalled by NFL players simply kneeling and raising fists? I think so
Personally I am not against them kneeling but what you do in the course of your employment is different than free speech.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Didn't see any of them do anything about what they are protesting during their off season while they were spending their millions of dollars in their luxury mansions.
Great point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The problem is the awareness comes with expectations of collective guilt on the part of white people. I watch football for entertainment. That isn't entertaining, so why watch? I'm told all day in the media that I'm a horrible person because I'm white. I need to hear it during a football game too? Why do I want to watch rich men who resent me for my skin color playing sports? I have better things to do than that.
If that's what this is about they're REALLY wasting their time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And HOW would you propose problems get fixed unless people are aware of them?
I've already posted this but will repeat it. Get some high profile players to appear before Congress and give them statistics and facts. All one of them has to do is approach their Congress person to ask for an invitation. They should ask for reform and ask who would be willing to sponsor a bill. That, in itself, will get major media coverage. And yes, someone will agree to sponsor it. These Congress idiots fawn over the famous.

And those players have to keep going back and hammering them until it's done. If it's not done, let the world know our representatives don't care about police abuse since they're not doing anything about it.

I know two people who have had laws that passed because they did what I just described. And they're not famous.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:34 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Now if only we could get the common street thug to kneel in protest of his black brotha being paid millions to do what he would be put in jail for (physical assault).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies