Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 06:20 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,276,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If they want to kneel, let them kneel. Jesus, none of you give the second thought about the flag unless someone else tells you to get your panties in a wad over something like this.

It's a protest over the inequities in the justice system.
Horsesh-t! It's anti-police.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:25 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You are wrong. It started out that way (the police thing) with Colin Kaepernick's kneeling. But it quickly morphed into a general, we hate Donald Trump thing, and tear shedding for Criminal Hillary's loss.
BS, granted most NFL protesters are likely to ALSO have contempt for Trump's lies, bigotry and probable criminal activity, but they are still protesting BLM/unnecessary murders by police. You are making things up, I'm sure a right-wing keyboard warrior on CD is in touch with these young black men.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I did not realize that the pre-season had started and was watching a CFL game last night. After that I watched some news show where a cop was chasing a black dude down the street and then paused, took a stance, and shot the guy running from him in the back. Kneeling is not going to be enough, I'm afraid.
I've been saying since last season that taking a knee does nothing but allow players to grandstand. What has changed since last year? Nothing.

They said they wanted to spread awareness. Awareness doesn't fix the problem. Based on the threads started in this forum, people are well aware of the issues in Chicago. Has that awareness fixed anything? Of course not, but whining about it online (ya know...to spread *awareness*) is as lazy and disingenuous as taking a knee is.

There's a way to try and change things - and taking a knee isn't it.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:36 AM

955 posts, read 744,443 times
Didn't see any of them do anything about what they are protesting during their off season while they were spending their millions of dollars in their luxury mansions.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:42 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Looks like I'll be limiting my football to watching home games again this year. The dangerous thing for the NFL is that they're going to reach a point where people won't come back even if they do settle this thing. I know I am already getting used to watching much less football from last year, if I get too used to it from this year as well I might lose interest altogether. I doubt I'm the only one. People who are skipping out are going to realize they can do something better with their Sundays.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:44 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,424,445 times
In my sports world, the beliefs of the players and the national anthem are immaterial to the game I tuned in to watch. And this is why I no longer watch said sports with its so called professional athletes and their social justice and military worship agendas. The marketplace will eventually resolve this.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:46 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've been saying since last season that taking a knee does nothing but allow players to grandstand. What has changed since last year? Nothing.

They said they wanted to spread awareness. Awareness doesn't fix the problem. Based on the threads started in this forum, people are well aware of the issues in Chicago. Has that awareness fixed anything? Of course not, but whining about it online (ya know...to spread *awareness*) is as lazy and disingenuous as taking a knee is.

The problem is the awareness comes with expectations of collective guilt on the part of white people. I watch football for entertainment. That isn't entertaining, so why watch? I'm told all day in the media that I'm a horrible person because I'm white. I need to hear it during a football game too? Why do I want to watch rich men who resent me for my skin color playing sports? I have better things to do than that.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
If I pulled this crap at work I wouldn't be employed. The owner is a Trumper.
People need to understand that protesting is done on YOUR OWN TIME.

I stopped watching when Art Model took my football team and it finally occurred to me this is just a bunch of awful billionaires who like free stuff employing a bunch of equally awful millionaires with little to no idea of what real life is like and absolutely zero loyalty.

Most of the lot amounts to a group of sociopaths. The turds of humanity.
Note talent does not equal good human. I am aware they are very talented.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

And HOW would you propose problems get fixed unless people are aware of them?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Good for them!!

This is what Americans are supposed to do when Govt has become tyrannical, its actually the very least thing!

American citizens are NEVER to show respect for, or honor, obey or comply, with a tyrannical authority (this even applies if its the US govt).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies