Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 07:14 AM

89,034 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
LOL I see you want to change the topic since you were embarrassed about your claim that we cant have single payer because we have too many diabetic people.
It's that, all the obesity, the huge additional health care costs consequent of both, plus the fact that Americans won't agree to pay the taxes they'd have to pay to fund it. I went through this in the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Quote:
If someone pays $4000 more in taxes and suddenly no longer have to pay $8000 a year in private health care costs, thats a big win.
Won't happen. The $3.2 trillion/year cost is approximately $10,000/year per person. That's $40,000/year for a family of 4. They won't pay it.
Quote:
The upper echelons of society will pay a lot more than $4000 in extra taxes per year, thats why they are so against it. They would just pay out of pocket for the health care they need anyway, only the peasants need insurance.
The entire income of the top 1% (income beginning at $480,930) is $2.1 trillion. You could tax them at 100% and STILL fall way short. Not going to happen. There are 140 million other US 1040 tax filers who would then have to pay the other $1.1 trillion in taxes. That's an average of an $8,000 tax increase per filer. Not going to happen. 45% of them don't pay any federal income tax now as it is, and 27% of them pay neither federal income tax nor FICA (due to refundable tax credits).

Not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 07:23 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
It's that,
You've just been exposed as clueless when shown how utterly wrong you are about the diabetics. When proven wrong you just try to change the topic and go ranting about something else.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Medical RESEARCH costs tens of millions with NO guarantee of its success.

It takes 5 YEARS for the FDA to approve a medicine.

Then your patent only last 7 years

You want it, you have to PAY for it, it's that simple, that's life.
But it you want to pay LESS or it, you can live in Europe, Israel, Canada and many many other places - most of which have booming pharma industries and therefore have the same costs!

Good one!

And, speaking of Fake News, where did you get 7 years...sources I looked at said almost 3X that....

"The patent protection for a brand-name drug is usually 20 years from the date of submission of the patent. Not all brand-name drugs have a generic counterpart."

So, let's summarize. You are wrong. You are wrong......is it do difficult to make a valid point without BS?

Old 08-18-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
You've just been exposed as clueless when shown how utterly wrong you are about the diabetics.
Good grief. I'm posting verified fact after verified fact, and you think I'm the clueless one in this discussion? There's a name for that belief: delusional.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Bill Maher (annual salary: $10 million, net worth $100 million) could give all his money to charities to meet the poor's perceived unmet needs. He doesn't. He's a hypocrite.
Yes, these are so factual and relevant........

Why not talk about Rick Scott and 100's of million in fines for billion in Medicare Fraud? Oh, inconvenient truth, I guess!

https://www.politifact.com/florida/s...-medicare-fra/

Why not talk about another health care CEO..he made a few bucks...
William McGuire - Biggest Golden Parachutes - TIME

He had 1.6 BILLION but agreed to take it down to 800 Million - that's in addition to salary, pension and other benefits.....

And you bring up a relatively low-end entertainer? That's funny. Maybe Ringo Starr should pay...???

Don't be silly. You are casting about for "facts" to suit your already-cemented conclusion.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yes, these are so factual and relevant........

Why not talk about Rick Scott and 100's of million in fines for billion in Medicare Fraud? Oh, inconvenient truth, I guess!

https://www.politifact.com/florida/s...-medicare-fra/

Why not talk about another health care CEO..he made a few bucks...
William McGuire - Biggest Golden Parachutes - TIME

He had 1.6 BILLION but agreed to take it down to 800 Million - that's in addition to salary, pension and other benefits.....

And you bring up a relatively low-end entertainer? That's funny. Maybe Ringo Starr should pay...???

Don't be silly. You are casting about for "facts" to suit your already-cemented conclusion.
Are any of those people sappily bemoaning the "empathy gap" on their TV show while simultaneously being hypocritically stingy like Bill Maher? No.

The "do as I say, not as I do" crap is BS. : hamd:

Old 08-18-2018, 08:02 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Everyone who has insurance has it voluntarily. No one is required to have insurance.
I have to have automobile insurance in Kentucky. It is the law.
How is that any different?

Quote:
Charge everyone a flat tax. That way everyone contributes.
I think that is a good idea...I have no problem with that...with the exception of people who are millionaires/billionaires - I think they should pay a few percent more.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:03 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Good grief. I'm posting verified fact after verified fact, and you think I'm the clueless one in this discussion? There's a name for that belief: delusional.
But you dont understand the stuff you post as you claim that the reason its so expensive in America is because of the diabetics and that other countries dont have that problem. When you're shown that New Zealand has the same share of diabetics as America, and one of the lowest health care costs in the developed world, you just flee the scene and start ranting about something else. Its ridiculous.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I have to have automobile insurance in Kentucky. It is the law.
How is that any different?
No, you don't. Only those who own an auto need it. A lot of people don't own autos.

Quote:
I think that is a good idea...I have no problem with that...with the exception of people who are millionaires/billionaires - I think they should pay a few percent more.
No. They already will be paying more because they spend more. Flat national VAT tax, like other developed countries have. If they can pay it, so can we.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:11 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Are any of those people sappily bemoaning the "empathy gap" on their TV show while simultaneously being hypocritically stingy like Bill Maher? No.

The "do as I say, not as I do" crap is BS. : hamd:

You haven't done your homework. Bill Maher is actually very generous to charities.

He supports 14 Charities, 14 causes, and is on the board at Peta.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/bill-maher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies