Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Complete gobbledygook. Did the Senate confirm or deny Kagan's seating on SCOTUS in 2010, a midterm election year, as we have now in 2018?

Confirm.

You see, Republicans don't play these utterly ridiculous party-first-damn-everything-else childish games. Only Democrats do. It's disgusting. Explains #WalkAway
I forget, is Kagan the one who was never even a judge? I know either her or the other lady wasn’t technically qualified and never should have been approved, much less nominated

Old 09-21-2018, 07:42 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Hag you're contradicting yourself: "him testifying first" and "the accused always goes second" are inconsistent.

It is unusual, maybe unheard of, for the accused ("him" in this case) to go first. The accuser always leads off. How can the accused possibly lead off when he hasn't heard the accusations? Well, you might say, we've all heard them. But what if the accusers introduces new details, or a questioner does?

I wonder if Corey Booker, an admitted sex abuser, will excuse himself? Or, maybe his unique perspective will be valuable to the hearing?
Reread what I wrote, I was not contradicting myself. I think it is unreasonable for her to insist Kavanaugh go first in part because in our system the person who needs to defend themselves gets the last say.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why should he stay out of it? It's his nominee after all. On top of that, is what he's said wrong?

Why didn't she, instead of running to Di-fi go to the police NOW?
A lot of girls/women don't immediately say something or report to the police. I think the timing of this stinks to high heaven, which casts an entire ark full of doubt on Ford's story. Having Trump spout off about this, though, with his usual boorish and insensitive comments will be hurtful to those women who really were assaulted and didn't tell.

I'm all for having this circus come to and end and finally having Kavanaugh seated, but it would have been nice if Trump had let it play out without his interjections. Even when he means well, it never sounds like he does.

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I forget, is Kagan the one who was never even a judge?
Yes.
Quote:
I know either her or the other lady wasn’t technically qualified and never should have been approved, much less nominated
Correct, but even so, the Republicans didn't block her nomination and seating on SCOTUS in 2010, a midterm election year, like we are in now.

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
She can still go and report it to the local police, why is she not, now that it is out? Oh wait, it's not about that, it's about delaying....at least be honest with yourself...
What state did this happen in? Most states have statute of limitations for sexual assault, perhaps they apply here.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:45 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
1- Accuser claims she spoke of this for the first time in 2012 to her therapist but never mention his name at the time and claimed that there were 4 attackers instead of one.
Blames the therapist for incorrect info. Lol

2- after 36 years, in July, she decided to finally come out of the shadows and instead going to the police,!she writes a letter to a politician and states that she wants to remain anonymous. Lol

3- shortly afterwards she hires a lawyer and takes a polygraph test....what was she preparing for if she was anonymous? Lol

4- Fienstein is such a concerned politician that instead of going to the police or law enforcment right away, she decides to sit on the letter for 2 months and finally reveals it at the 11th hour of a Supreme Court Justice confirmation. Lol

5- the letter is somehow leaked to the media even though it was in possesion of democrats the whole time. Lol

6- the witnesses mentioned in the letter have all rejected the claims made by the accuser. Lol

7- one classmate came out of the woodwork to corroborate the accuser’s claims that the attack did happen! (Even though this was in 1972 and the accuser said she spoke of it to no one until 2012) lol

8- the corroborating classmate then recants her statement and says she doenst know ehat happened she just felt “empowered” and figured she’s make up some bull****. Lol

9- after the accuser came out of the shadows she demanded a platfrom to be heard.
They gave her a platform and she rejected it and then demanded an FBI investigation even though theres no evidence of a federal crime or a crime in general.

10- when the FBi request didnt pan out, she then requested new demands.

-No questions from Lawyers, only the committee.

-Kavanaugh cant be in the same room..apparently Kavanaugh diesnt have the right to face his accuser. Lol

- Kavanugh must testify first. Even though the accuser always testifies first..

- and the best part is that all the moron libs have rejected all of this and decided to believe her based on NOTHING. Lmao
Excellent post.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 AM

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
but Kavanaugh wasn’t there and his documented lifelong behavior afterwards is not consistent with what she claims.
This is what disturbs me the most about all this.

If what she says is true, and he had been reported and corralled back in the day, what better outcome would have been desired other than complete rehabilitation? That appears to be what happened. Kavanaugh is not Harvey Weinstein, getting his due.

And I don't support the guy, except inasmuch as I'd like him to get a fair shake on this.

I believe there is some truth to what she says, but I don't believe in the particulars. She can't seem to remember them.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:50 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Are you kidding me? It was a terrible tweet. What is everyone’s (including mine) knee jerk reaction to it?
“Well, duh. She was 15 and had been drinking. No way was she saying a thing as long as there were no outside sign for her parents to question her about.”
I say this as someone who questions her honesty on this. My theory is that Mark Judge may have done it - it is in keeping with his own recollections of the time and his subsequent behavior as he aged - but Kavanaugh wasn’t there and his documented lifelong behavior afterwards is not consistent with what she claims. I think she had the documented reporting of a true event involving partying Georgetown Prep high school boys to therapists and is trying use that record to commit a political assignation.
Trump has foot in mouth syndrome. There's no cure for it. I accept it but don't like it.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:50 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
The sad part about this thread is that -- a woman is claiming she was sexually assaulted. Whether it is Brett Kavanaugh who is being appointed to the highest court in the land, or some Joe Schmoe from Cincinnati, OH.

A woman is saying she was pushed into a room and the door locked behind her, and then a the man turned on loud music to drown out her screams for help, and then he, in a drunken stupor, laid on top of her and tried to rip her clothes off so he cold rape her. Luckily the man was so drunk, she was able to roll him off of her and she escaped the room.

With that said, the Trumplings in this thread, for over 458 pages, have done EVERYTHING THEY CAN to argue against a formal investigation. Remember, Trumplings, most of whom are Christian: God is always watching.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What state did this happen in? Most states have statute of limitations for sexual assault, perhaps they apply here.
Maryland does not. It has been all over the news and you can find it out with a simple google search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies