Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 09:09 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think it's interesting that one person is BEGGING for an FBI investigation and the other person is not.

If Ford were lying - why would she ask the FBI to investigate?
Because she already knows they wont investigate...……...they told her so.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:10 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Because it's next to impossible to investigate something that happened 35+ years ago, based on mere word of mouth evidence and lack of an exact timeframe or location.

She knows this. What she really wants here is to sow doubt into the minds of voters and members on the senate committee... she wants people to think "Ok, maybe it's best to be safe than sorry and not confirm this guy". She is exploiting the me too movement... weaponizing it for political gain.

It's all wrong.
She and her leftist comrades have asked this same question about the FBI more times than can easily be counted here in this thread. They know the answers. It is a pointless exercise continuing to answer the same exact points, again and again.

Please don't feed the trolls anymore on this issue.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I absolutely agree with you. If there's no physical evidence whatsoever, and only the testimony of a woman about something that happened THRITY years ago and she can't even remember where she was, than an FBI investigation would bundle all of that information together into a report and formally send that to the committee. All the more reason I would think the GOP would welcome a formal FBI investigation, as it would make Catherine Ford and the democrats look incredibly silly.

My point is, it would leave no room for doubt. IF the committee pushes through with just hearings on Monday and no formal investigation, the democrats will continue to scream and shout about how this is unfair. But if a formal FBI investigation was done, it would completely squash the dems complaints and they'd have nothing else to whine about.

She cannot remember when, where, how many....think about that...really...

Even the friend is backing down...

Quote:

Kavanaugh Accuser Classmate: 'That It Happened Or Not, I Have No Idea'

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't." That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now deleted facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."

Old 09-20-2018, 09:12 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
To shed light on how partisan and biased the hearing will be on Monday:

Brett Kavanaugh has been spent 4 days in a row at the White House. He is practicing his testimony responses with White House attorney Don McGhan. White House attorneys are giving Kavanaugh the questions GOP committee members will ask him and he is being coached on how to answer.

Meanwhile, Ford had to leave her home on Tuesday night after receiving death threats to her family. She is preparing to have her character dragged through the mud by an all male group of republicans who are heavily biased.

To say the situation is heavily lopsided in Kavanaugh's favor is an understatement.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
for heavens sake, she was dressed, he never got her cloths off, he didn't sexually assault her and nothing seemed to happen if indeed there is even a fraction of truth to her story, which there may not be. Add to all this, he was a high school kid. For gosh sakes you guy think back to being a high school kid. Hopefully you are not the same kid you were then. I can recall my days in high school and so can my kids. I can remember a couple of things my granddaughters did in high school that they would not want to share with their kids. My kids and my grandkids are all outstanding, honest and successful adults. this is a witch hunt like none I have ever witnessed in my life. How can any of you, with a straight face think of say it is not??????
That post was a response to someone asking what she was doing 5 minutes before that may have made him think she wanted to get it on.

If one of your kids or grandkids said they were sexually assaulted would you be asking them what they did 5 minutes before that made him think they wanted to get it on?

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Because she already knows they wont investigate...……...they told her so.
It’s NOT that they won’t investigate, it’s that they need an order from Trump to do it. Believe me, Trump is not going to order that. He knows it will turn up something he doesn’t want divulged.

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Huh? No. She isn't saying that Kavanaugh raped her. Where are people getting that? Is this some kind of mass hysteria event?
You just now noticed? We've been in a Mass Hysteria Event since roughly 9pm ET on November 8, 2016. This is the HME™ Presidency.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I understand how badly you and other Trumplings want to believe that what happened didn't happen.

Caution, chuck.

This requires some reading..

https://www.vox.com/first-person/201...ne-blasey-ford

I don't click on your stupid links...

Maybe you can help poor dr ford out and help her remember when, where, how many, how she got there, how she left.....

And it's reasonable for Obama boot lickers to lie about what is really going on, it was never rape, it was assault, but RAPE sounds so much better.....

tic toc poor dr ford.....

Old 09-20-2018, 09:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
It’s NOT that they won’t investigate, it’s that they need an order from Trump to do it. Believe me, Trump is not going to order that. He knows it will turn up something he doesn’t want divulged.

Of course!

Just like the Pubs' refusal to release the documents of Kavanugh's time in the Dubya admin.

They know this guy is dirty and they scared spitless that it might come out before they can cram him through.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
To shed light on how partisan and biased the hearing will be on Monday:

Brett Kavanaugh has been spent 4 days in a row at the White House. He is practicing his testimony responses with White House attorney Don McGhan. White House attorneys are giving Kavanaugh the questions GOP committee members will ask him and he is being coached on how to answer.

Meanwhile, Ford had to leave her home on Tuesday night after receiving death threats to her family. She is preparing to have her character dragged through the mud by an all male group of republicans who are heavily biased.

To say the situation is heavily lopsided in Kavanaugh's favor is an understatement.

Makes have every right to question females

And they have offered to send people to California to question her if she wants that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies