Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,221,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are the one not keeping up. It matters not one whit what would happen in a courtroom. Zip; zero; zilch.

The 'investigation' would NOT be a criminal investigation but rather just an enhanced background investigation.

Do you get it now? I typed slow . .

Showing a comparison, that there is nothing, got to keep it simple for the poor dr ford supporters..

Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,749,727 times
Quote:
How many times must it be explained to you that a job interview is NOT a court of law? What about that do you fail to understand?
How many job interviews have you been on where they asked "Have you ever assaulted a woman?"?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:02 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,221,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No, chuck.

Take a deep breath.

Relax.

Attempted rape.

Let's see how this plays out. Because if the Pubs cram Kavanaugh through w/o investigation, it'll likely show up in the polls in a few weeks, with women nationwide energized. And if they slag all over Dr Ford in a public hearing, they'll energize women that way, too.

Are you old enough to recall 1992 being "the year of the woman" following how the senate Pubs crapped all over Anita Hill? And that was only verbal harassment.

Kavanaugh: family values... law and order...

She is not even saying that....good lord og....keep up....

23 hours poor dr ford...

Old 09-20-2018, 09:02 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,749,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I absolutely agree with you. If there's no physical evidence whatsoever, and only the testimony of a woman about something that happened THRITY years ago and she can't even remember where she was, than an FBI investigation would bundle all of that information together into a report and formally send that to the committee. All the more reason I would think the GOP would welcome a formal FBI investigation, as it would make Catherine Ford and the democrats look incredibly silly.

My point is, it would leave no room for doubt. IF the committee pushes through with just hearings on Monday and no formal investigation, the democrats will continue to scream and shout about how this is unfair. But if a formal FBI investigation was done, it would completely squash the dems complaints and they'd have nothing else to whine about.
They can investigate all they want after he is confirmed. A judge can be impeached if real evidence if found later.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM

52,898 posts, read 34,736,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We do know that Lord/s Lawyer Katz ran around to all the media saying "Dr Lord wants to testify to the Judicial Committee" ........ until they postponed their vote and scheduled a meeting for her to do her "testify".

THEN she refused. Why would anyone thing that Dr. Lord would actually talk to the FBI? I bet she has not even considered that IF they got involved, SHE would be the first one they interrogated. It's a crime to LIE to the FBI -- would she really take that chance? Would her Lawyer take that chance? I doubt it.

I would not be surprised at all if the FBI is already investigating HER. Kavanaugh is a Federal Judge and likely to be a US Supreme Court Judge - He is under the protection of the US Marshall Service, but they might be interested in knowing more about Dr Ford and her accusations.

Dr Lord (and her high school) have scrubbed the Internet and Social Media of her existence - but nothing is ever really gone. I've already seen her high school year books - not pretty.
did someone say high school yearbook?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,039,019 times
Quote:

I think it's interesting that one person is BEGGING for an FBI investigation and the other person is not.

If Ford were lying - why would she ask the FBI to investigate?
Because she has been advised by her counsel that she can wail and gnash her teeth for an FBI investigation to her heart's content, and the FBI still won't investigate because this matter, even if it did happen, is beyond their jurisdiction. If any offense in fact occurred, it would be a state matter, distantly removed from the purview of the FBI, which investigates federal criminal allegations.

As long as this complainant avoids exposing herself to having to testify, she's in the risk-free position of being able to lob charges at the nominee with impunity, in the hope of damaging Kavanaugh's prospects for approval by the Senate. That is why you will see her fail to appear on Monday, September 24. Pretending to ask for an FBI investigation of the matter, when she must know for a fact that the FBI cannot involve itself in any event, simply enhances her public perception as some sort of aggrieved victim without increasing her exposure to legal risk, assuming she doesn't testify before the committee.

And she isn't going to do that, obviously.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,396,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
how about self-serving, arrogant, power-hungry, selfish women that have been around a long time and still are, you okay with those are you?
Don’t know which women you are specifically referring to. I referred to male crony types in the Senate, especially Sens. Grassley and Hatch. If you are an Ex Pat, why do you care?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,550,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They can investigate all they want after he is confirmed. A judge can be impeached if real evidence if found later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Because she has been advised by her counsel that she can wail and gnash her teeth for an FBI investigation to her heart's content, and the FBI still won't investigate because this matter, even if it did happen, is beyond their jurisdiction. If any offense in fact occurred, it would be a state matter, distantly removed from the purview of the FBI, which investigates federal criminal allegations.

As long as this complainant avoids exposing herself to having to testify, she's in the risk-free position of being able to lob charges at the nominee with impunity, in the hope of damaging Kavanaugh's prospects for approval by the Senate. That is why you will see her fail to appear on Monday, September 24. Pretending to ask for an FBI investigation of the matter, when she must know for a fact that the FBI cannot involve itself in any event, simply enhances her public perception as some sort of aggrieved victim without increasing her exposure to legal risk, assuming she doesn't testify before the committee.

And she isn't going to do that, obviously.
They know all of these points about the FBI, but they keep repeating the exact same points, again and again, ad-nauseam even though they know the answers. These points have been answered it has to be at least a hundred times here in this thread now.

Please don't feed the trolls anymore on this issue.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
She is not even saying that....good lord og....keep up....

23 hours poor dr ford...
I understand how badly you and other Trumplings want to believe that what happened didn't happen.

Caution, chuck.

This requires some reading..

https://www.vox.com/first-person/201...ne-blasey-ford

Old 09-20-2018, 09:08 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,509,724 times
Quote:
I think it's interesting that one person is BEGGING for an FBI investigation and the other person is not.

If Ford were lying - why would she ask the FBI to investigate?
Because it's next to impossible to investigate something that happened 35+ years ago, based on mere word of mouth evidence and lack of an exact timeframe or location. She knows this.

What she really wants here is to sow doubt into the minds of voters and members on the senate committee... she wants people to think "Ok, maybe it's best to be safe than sorry and not confirm this guy". She is exploiting the me too movement and weaponizing it for political gain.

It's all wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies