Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:26 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,812,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
"This" is a pronoun. It has no meaning without an antecedent. What is "this"?

If "this" is supposed to be the reaction Ford is getting, you couldn't be more wrong. Since 99.99% of women who make sexual assault allegations are not doing it for political reasons, 99.99% of women do not experience what Ford is experiencing.
Wrong often it is pure politics that shuts women (and men too) down and people don't want to hear of the abuse to protect the status quo.

Try reading some of the Twitter accounts of #whyIdidntreport.

You will find victims that were shut down to protect the family, the school, the law, the police, the military.

Everyone is always calling the victim a liar to protect something else.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,239,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Plus, if Trump would OK it, the FBI could run an investigation in a few days and have some answers for the public. However, Trump will not do that because neither he nor the Republicans want the truth, whatever that may be, revealed.

If dr ford would file a complaint, it would be investigated by the local police....why will she not? I mean the left is saying there is no SOL.....so why not?

Old 09-23-2018, 04:29 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,387,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
"This" is a pronoun. It has no meaning without an antecedent. What is "this"?

If "this" is supposed to be the reaction Ford is getting, you couldn't be more wrong. Since 99.99% of women who make sexual assault allegations are not doing it for political reasons, 99.99% of women do not experience what Ford is experiencing.
So she has blown up her life for purely political reasons, any time someone testifies against a high profile individual it’s politics. How about Roy Moore’s accuser, remember the good women of Alabama held a press conference with pitchforks to claim the accuser was lying.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:30 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,420,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no statute of limitations for sex crimes in Maryland.
Wrong and irrelevant.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So she has blown up her life for purely political reasons, any time someone testifies against a high profile individual it’s politics. How about Roy Moore’s accuser, remember the good women of Alabama held a press conference with pitchforks to claim the accuser was lying.

There were more than 1 accuser with moore......

Why has no one else come forward in this case? And even the people dr ford stated were there all disagree.....even dr fords LIFE long friend......

Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,041,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Doesn't pass the sniff test. If it went down as Ms Ford said, how could the other girl not wonder what was going on when Ms Ford goes off with two boys to another room then shortly after the two boys return but Ms Ford is not seen again?

Being the only two girls, they likely came together. In any event, Ms Ford should surely remember if she came alone or with a boy or girl or with a group.
The likely response is that she was in a room or outside

I can't answer that question since I wasn't there

That is why the FBI might be doing an investigation
To actually check out if anyone has memories, memorabilia like diaries (not that far fetched in that era), photos, souvineirs

Old 09-23-2018, 04:34 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,401,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He has a drinking problem? Based on what? That some woman, whose own hand selected “witnesses” said is having a serious memory lapse, claimed he was drunk at a party at 17? Well dang, I had no idea I, along with every relative in my family and 3/4 of my graduating class, are a bunch of alcoholics. God lord, talk about moving goal posts.
Doesn’t matter. Teens who drink a lot can easily become alcoholics. Kavanaugh and his buddy, Mark Judge, obviously were drunken rebel rousers in their teen tears. That makes Kavanaugh unfit to be a Supreme Court Judge now. We need people of probity on the highest court on the land. We still do not have the papers from Kavanaugh’s years in the Bush White House. Hmmm... what was he doing during those years,and why are those documents being withheld?

Old 09-23-2018, 04:35 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,041,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If the accuser provide at least one bit of supporting evidence for her what amounts to be a purely verbal claim, then the FBI should investigate. But I do not think such resources should directed at purely verbal claims of events like this from 36 years ago.
Anita Hill had nothing but her word and there was an FBI investigation

Old 09-23-2018, 04:36 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,022,890 times
If anything, I would think that this enhances her credibility. I already heard somewhere that she is NOT going to do a book.

Anita Hill has done several books. To me, the fewer books, the more credibility. Or at least donate the proceeds to charity.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Doesn’t matter. Teens who drink a lot can easily become alcoholics. Kavanaugh and his buddy, Mark Judge, obviously were drunken rebel rousers in their teen tears. That makes Kavanaugh unfit to be a Supreme Court Judge now. We need people of probity on the highest court on the land. We still do not have the papers from Kavanaugh’s years in the Bush White House. Hmmm... what was he doing during those years,and why are those documents being withheld?

Yet, he has been on the second highest court in the United States, and not a single person cared, not even dr ford....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies