Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 05:05 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times

Advertisements

Ooh, excellent point. So, why now is Judge Kavanaugh's character in question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet, he has been on the second highest court in the United States, and not a single person cared, not even dr ford....

Old 09-23-2018, 05:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
I'm not a Dr. Ford supporter --- while I think that her accusation may have some validity....I'm not sure it is enough to ruin Kavanaugh's career.

If he was 17, and I bet he was drinking...this one really bad incident -- does not sentence the man to being a sexual deviant for the rest of his lifedf. Making a mistake yup.......

BUT -- for those immediately dismissing her -- attacking her -- refusing to give her story any kind of traction, that's symptomatic of something else.

Steve King says that if this kind of story was considered bad -- no male could be on the Supreme Court.......WOW.......

I don't believe most of you guys -- even you Trump supporters --lol -- did that as a teen ager. But that kind of suggesting the behavior is no big deal is like the whole saying grabbing @@@@@@@ is no big deal. It is -- It's not normal. Most of the guys I know would never talk like that or act like that. It's not normal. It's not okay. It shouldn't be dismissed.

On this board, I expect males and females that feel they need to defend Trump for everything - -no matter how bad to justify his behavior or dismiss her ---but these politicians should be a little more finessed and acknowledge that Ford has a right to be heard. Kavanaugh has a right to be heard. Without dismissing either party.

End of story.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yeah. Thought so.
We don't know all that -- that's all heresay.

I suggest that The White House has known about this for a very long time. They had time enough to contact 65 folks, talk to them and get a letter together.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,421,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In Maryland there is no statute of limitations for felony sexual offense or misdemeanor punished by
imprisonment in a penitentiary
Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. §§ 5-106, 117
Of the ones that fall under this

https://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-...ndStatutes.pdf

Which one would Kavanaugh be charged with?

GAM-Article - Criminal Law, Section 3-303

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...btitle-3/3-304

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...btitle-3/3-305

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...title-3/3-306/

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...title-3/3-307/

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...title-3/3-308/

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...title-3/3-309/

Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
She does not want to be "heard" and she will at the end refuse to testify. Watch and see.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:11 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
If sexual assault occurs, it is a legal matter to be dealt with in the jurisprudence system, not extra-legally, including suspension of due process. One case is too many.

As for the Duke Lacrosse crime, three young men were denied their legal rights, had their lives taken away from them. If it is selective, it is because it still resonates, comes easily to mind, ~12 years after. No digging was necessary.

No, you can not soften the case against the denying of due process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you are reading to much into her decision, DeVos narrowed the rules under which colleges could be held accountable. Do you think we have a rather large problem with sexual assault on campuses and do you think that universities have handles it appropriately. The Duke Lacrosse model is tiresome and amounts to selective using one incident to make the case that all accusers are lying.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:12 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,127,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
There are only 3 photos that can be found. 1 is an old high school photo and the other 2 are more recent but she's wearing sunglasses and we don't know how recent (could be anywhere between 1 and 20 years). Obviously she hasn't made any public appearances and keeps delaying. It makes you wonder ...
There will be plenty of pics and videos very soon. She is a liar, and her life is ruined. Her husband will leave her, and she has only herself to blame.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:19 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,866 times
Second accuser coming forward now. Not many details, but it involves a never Trumper and a sex toy.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:22 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That is what confuses me. Why would she have her social media accounts scrubbed if her true intention was to remain anonymous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Anyone would wipe out all the pictures they can find of themselves on the internet once the death threats begin coming.
^^^ The above posts are precisely WHY she scrubbed her online persona.. after prior to her actual outing and acknowledge she was to "Accuser".. Conservative sites infiltrated her "Linkden Account" HOW did they KNOW?? Who told them who she was (since she was anonymous???)

Conservatives are WELLknown to shaming and blaming and creating false narratives for decades!!Meanwhile love to blame LIBS as some sort of " Bogyman's" !!

I'm a Canadian, and happen to be a wife of a WAR Veteran and have observed for a LONG time how those that fight back/complain/have specific issues.. GET vilified.. DAY after day.. regardless of it's factual information! Any complainers are Liars.. and YES.. 90% of the time it's always labeled as a "Conspiracy and Hatred towards some sort of "Political" person/policy/accusation!

In this particular case.. Researching Smutt on accuser started long before she was actually identified!! ( How did THEY know??) Obviously, Someone on Conservative side KNEW!!

Just because DJT got away with accusations does NOT mean SCOTUS nominee gets the same PASS!!!!! But you'd never know that given GOP handling of this whole thing!!

As for her picture.. who cares!! She was 2 years younger than her assaulting perp.. She has held it inside for decades.. POWER and elitism given Brett's station in life forced her to keep silent (as do most sexual assault victims will do/especially 35+ years ago!!) I also experienced similar experience.. so sure do identify with how she dealt with it!

Back in the day.. Most young girls/young women were totally afraid to say anything.. being so young.. you are unable to ascertain the nuances of coming clean with parents/friends/acquaintances! HOWEVER, the visual/emotion memory NEVER EVER leaves your memory!! Some described those who experience it.. recall even half century later.. recall/face/smells/sense of fear and everything else that encompassed THAT experience! How the hell would some stranger/other's who weren't in THAT ROOM recall what you experienced???!!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We don't know all that -- that's all heresay.

I suggest that The White House has known about this for a very long time. They had time enough to contact 65 folks, talk to them and get a letter together.

Are you going to freakout, to find Kavanaugh's mom kept everything?
Are you going to freakout if she has proof, Kavanaugh was not even in the state the summer these things are claimed to have taken place?

I bet you crap your pants and have a complete meltdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies