Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 02:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times

Advertisements

She isn’t gonna do a day in prison for this even if she’s found guilty. Texans love their cops, and they save tough justice for the poor and powerless in that state. This cop has a union behind her, so the prosecutor and judge will blink first.

That aside, the city is gonna try to settle this thing outta court for the cheapest amount of dough they can. It’ll be interesting to see how far the family will take the lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 02:25 PM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
Quote:
Noise complaints proceeded the incident in which a Dallas cop shot and killed a black man in his own apartment.
“The only connection we have been able to make is that she was his immediate downstairs neighbor,” Meritt said. “And there were noise complaints from the immediate downstairs neighbors about whoever was upstairs, and that would have been Botham. In fact, there were noise complaints that very day about upstairs activity in Botham’s apartment. Botham received a phone call about noise coming from his apartment from the downstairs neighbor.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/att...ned-apartment/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hul-OVeDf9A

Old 09-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
I don't understand the noise complaint story.

The complaint was about Jean, and apparently had been made several times by the "downstairs neighbor", one being made that very day.

How? She was at work for 15 hours ending at 10, meaning there wouldn't have been a complaint coming from her about noise upstairs that day.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:43 PM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

The complaint was about Jean, and apparently had been made several times by the "downstairs neighbor", one being made that very day.

How? She was at work for 15 hours ending at 10, meaning there wouldn't have been a complaint coming from her about noise upstairs that day.
The day doesn't begin at 7 am.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:10 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
It seems obvious that she went to the wrong floor, and attempted to enter the wrong apartment--the one directly above hers.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you bust into my home and start waving a gun around, I now have some sort of obligation to "follow your verbal commands"?
No you do not. Many times a person does not but the excuse generally is "let them violate your rights and you won't get hurt". Well...........it often times does not work and we need to change this idea to the police understanding they can NEVER violate a persons rights.

That may not be a perfect example here but she had in her head "Do what I say instinctively, even though your instincts are telling you something else and do it NOW or I will kill you".

This has to stop.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
The day doesn't begin at 7 am.
The management office wouldn't have been open before she left for work that day.

She could have left a voice mail, but it seems we would have heard about THAT before today!

I just think it must be a different downstairs neighbor - maybe one not exactly straight downstairs, but down and over one.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-11-2018 at 03:29 PM..

Old 09-11-2018, 03:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And if she had been a black man and he a white woman, he is in custody immediately. He doesn't get three days and special treatment to get his "story" straight.
In the exact scenario you mention, it took 8 months for that black somali cop to be arrested for shooting and killing Justine Damond a white female behind her home in a nightgown.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:28 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
In the exact scenario you mention, it took 8 months for that black somali cop to be arrested for shooting and killing Justine Damond a white female behind her home in a nightgown.
That seemed like forever...wondered if they'd ever get him...

Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I think some people are making things up to try to make it appear that she intentionally murdered this man. I don't really buy their claims just yet. They don't make a lot of sense and seem unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies