Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,439,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol I have address white male anger before on this platform. You did not give me the chance to address and decided to attack me for not addressing it. Typical angry black tactics and utilize and finger pointing at one race.

But you have a 2 post of a chance to reduce a race of women to who you think they are? Typical white male rhetoric on C-D. It's not surprising, just calling it out. It seems to me you are the angry one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 09:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,850,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
HAHAHA!!! So true. I have seen many of them raging when it wasn't called for. And it's not a pretty sight. And quite scary when it's coming from a big and physically powerful woman. Serena should realize how physically intimidating she is without having an angry face.

But... part of why she is such an amazingly great athlete is because she channels her rage into playing tennis and is so focused on hitting that ball.

An... as much as I love listening to Aretha's Respect song, I really feel that it has ruined millions of black women by empowering them to... rage. And they are so quick to rage when they think that they've been disrespected by others. Many times, it's all in their mind. But I suppose that it's all about how to survive while living in an urban ghetto street culture environment.

Otherwise... true respect is EARNED and can't be demanded, respect not an entitlement.

The underlined sorry is the silliest thing I've seen posted here in a while. You do realize that Respect was not originally Aretha Franklin's song right and that it is a song that transcend race right? I don't know any America who doesn't like that song (or anyone really who doesn't like that song).

You are one of those people who easily buy into ridiculous stereotypes right - us being scary, big "physically" powerful women lol. If I were near you I'd stomp at you to see you flinch lol!! May sound mean, but it would be funny to me to see you flinch because you are afraid of black women "raging."

FYI - your views and what the OP article is actually about is a racist historically based stereotype of black women. Black women are no more prone to rage than any other women or people. Men are WAY more rage-ful than women in general.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:38 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,866,486 times
What a crock of baloney! As if this is the first time Serzilla flew into a rage on court. She simply joined the ranks--long ago-- of others before her who did the same. What a claim to fame. The difference is that now, approaching 40, she's a BIG baby--as accurately depicted in Australian Mark Knight's cartoon--for all the world to see.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have a circle of black male friends. One of my best friends picked an older Asian woman to be a wife instead of a black woman of age and skill. I know plenty of black men who do not date black women. Some black women find it sad. But I tell black women you don't need them. Let them go.

I know black women who don't date black men and black men who don't date white women. Guess what - I also know white men who don't date white women and vice versa as well!!

No reason for people to get sad over other people's dating habits. But it also is no reason of you to assume that you know why black men or black women as a whole do or don't date/marry each other because that is kind of silly to apply your generic views on millions of people's mindsets and relationships.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
But you have a 2 post of a chance to reduce a race of women to who you think they are? Typical white male rhetoric on C-D. It's not surprising, just calling it out. It seems to me you are the angry one.

True - he and others insinuate that white women are passive, weakminded, push-overs -that they are preferred for these traits.

IMO they are denigrating black and white women. I know some white women who will tell you to your face about the stupid ish they think you are doing just like Serena did. I honestly don't know many weakminded, pushover white women types. But I mostly associate with business professionals other than my family members. No competent, successful women IMO who are in the business world are pushovers or weakminded or passive in any way about their work. Nor will they let a man walk all over them just because they are of a particular skin color.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:43 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,081,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I know black women who don't date black men and black men who don't date white women. Guess what - I also know white men who don't date white women and vice versa as well!!

No reason for people to get sad over other people's dating habits. But it also is no reason of you to assume that you know why black men or black women as a whole do or don't date/marry each other because that is kind of silly to apply your generic views on millions of people's mindsets and relationships.
Wow metoo. I meant me too.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Serena is a fine athlete, and possibly one of the greatest athletes to grace tennis. It is OK for her to have rage and outburst. It happens to the best of us. The thing is this. Serena lost to a far younger talent who was more agile than her. Serena also lost to another female of color. I don't know why racism and sexism is being blamed for her loss when she lost to another female and another female of color.

The issue at hand was that she was receiving coaching, but Serena took it the wrong way. This can happen to anyone regardless of race or sex when it comes to outburst. No matter what happened Serena is still a great player, and at times great players do lose. Like my dad and always said. "You can't win all the time."

Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I did not reduce anything, so please stop the interjection please.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,986 times
Yet another SW thread. Attack as you please, haters.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:52 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,420,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Yes, she cheated, got caught, and she responded with sexism and rage.
well if that's the case, it sure isn't the headline....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies