Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:17 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
So one of those two men who claimed to be a tourist from Russia enjoying the English countryside and vising the lovely city of Salisbury was not called Ruslan Boshirov indeed his real identity has now been comfirmed as Colonel Anatoliy Vladimirovich Chepiga of the Russian GRU.

I suppose the traces of Novichok nerve agent found in there rooms at the cheap hotel they were staying at in the East End of London was also just a coincidence.

Skripal suspect 'real identity revealed' - BBC News

Salisbury novichok suspect identified as highly decorated GRU colonel Anatoliy Chepiga - The Independent

Novichok Suspect Identified As Russian GRU Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga - Huffington Post

Skipal 'hitman' unmasked as GRU colonel awarded Russia's highest military honour by Vladimir Putin - The Telegraph

Guests of two-star London hotel where Salisbury suspects stayed discover Novichok was found in bedroom - The Telegraph

Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) - Wikipedia

tough crap...That's what happens when you have unrestricted travel for one country to another.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 05:33 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I said nothing about murdering diplomats. Why are you lying right off the bat?

Ohhh..because that sounds better. FACT-Russia used chemical weapons on another countries citizens within that country. And in your mind thats NOT a act of war? And the proof has become effectively overwhelming at this point. You're the only one trying to gaslight folks into thinking its not.

Even Russian reporters pointed out that these folks were GRU because their freaking passports had GRU phone numbers!
Quote:
https://theins.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/dvtcnt.jpg

See that 195 number? Thats a russian phone number.

Any other gaslighting nonsense?
First of all, that picture is just a scan of some document...it is not even a passport.

You think people don't know what a passport looks like?

Second, who knows what the number is or isn't even supposed to be for. Anyone can print up a piece of paper at home, and put whatever they want on there. Its in Russian, so no idea what it says, but I could put your phone number on a document right now that says you're a spy and what not, and claim that as proof.

Then I write up some post on my blog, and juxtapose that picture with a snapshot of your passport, and say, "Hey look everyone, Greywar is a spy and his passport has a phone number for the CIA in DC on it".

Nevermind that what I posted isn't a picture of your passport with a phone number on it, right?

Old 09-26-2018, 05:35 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
I said nothing about murdering diplomats. Why are you lying right off the bat?

Ohhh..because that sounds better. FACT-Russia used chemical weapons on another countries citizens within that country. And in your mind thats NOT a act of war? And the proof has become effectively overwhelming at this point. You're the only one trying to gaslight folks into thinking its not.

Even Russian reporters pointed out that these folks were GRU because their freaking passports had GRU phone numbers!
Used against a Russian spy, not on other countries citizens. The citizens were just collateral damage, you know, like the damage caused by US airstrikes and supplied weapons.

I guess the UAE should declare war on Israel? For you know, carrying out the assignation of Al-Mabhouh in Dubai. Goodness, which side will the US be on this one?

Old 09-26-2018, 05:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Nevermind that what I posted isn't a picture of your passport with a phone number on it, right?

Nevermind that multiple news agencies reported on this. Im sorry but your attempted defense of Russia on this is just pathetic. UK Intelligence agencies are also backing this up. There are too many facts here. You like to keep trying ot find one you can shed doubt on, while theres another dozen you ignore. Give it up.

Russia needs to learn that they need to behave like they are civilized.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Used against a Russian spy, not on other countries citizens. The citizens were just collateral damage, you know, like the damage caused by US airstrikes and supplied weapons.

I guess the UAE should declare war on Israel? For you know, carrying out the assignation of Al-Mabhouh in Dubai. Goodness, which side will the US be on this one?

Russia gave this person to them, they were not a Russian spy any longer. They were in fact citizens, and the daughter-and other people they sickened were innocents by any definition. I like how you then try and deflect to other countries and change the topic. Its much more entertaining then the other person here trying to gaslight and deny facts.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 PM

271 posts, read 139,921 times
Quote:
No you couldn't.

The passport photos were taken from a file based and conincide with the photos of the two men who entered the UK both men were known to be travelling under false names. The passprt data even showed links to the Russian Security Service and it was later confirmed that one was Colonel Anatoliy Vladimirovich Chepiga who had previously received a medal from Putin.

Skripal Suspect Boshirov Identified as GRU Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga - Bellingcat

Skripal Suspects Confirmed as GRU Operatives: Prior European Operations Disclosed - Bellingcat

Skripal Poisoning Suspect’s Passport Data Shows Link to Security Services - Belingcat

I also expect the UK Authorities will confirm their identities, although it's likely MI5, MI6 and GCHQ already know who they are.

I'd trust a North Korean state-run news agency before I trust the British press. I don't believe it either. Trump needs to drop kick May and the British Government.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
So one of those two men who claimed to be a tourist from Russia enjoying the English countryside and vising the lovely city of Salisbury was not called Ruslan Boshirov indeed his real identity has now been comfirmed as Colonel Anatoliy Vladimirovich Chepiga of the Russian GRU.

I suppose the traces of Novichok nerve agent found in there rooms at the cheap hotel they were staying at in the East End of London was also just a coincidence.

Skripal suspect 'real identity revealed' - BBC News

Salisbury novichok suspect identified as highly decorated GRU colonel Anatoliy Chepiga - The Independent

Novichok Suspect Identified As Russian GRU Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga - Huffington Post

Skipal 'hitman' unmasked as GRU colonel awarded Russia's highest military honour by Vladimir Putin - The Telegraph

Guests of two-star London hotel where Salisbury suspects stayed discover Novichok was found in bedroom - The Telegraph

Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) - Wikipedia
Maybe that is why Trump gave a press conference today
To help out his friend Vlad...

Old 09-26-2018, 07:50 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Nevermind that multiple news agencies reported on this. Im sorry but your attempted defense of Russia on this is just pathetic. UK Intelligence agencies are also backing this up. There are too many facts here. You like to keep trying ot find one you can shed doubt on, while theres another dozen you ignore. Give it up.

Russia needs to learn that they need to behave like they are civilized.
That's not true. It said right in that article that the Home Office (the spokesperson for the "UK Intelligence Agencies" you refer to) said it could not be confirmed.

Did you not read that?

When are you going to retract your false claim that the Russian passports had phone numbers on them?

Everyone knows that passports don't have phone numbers on them. You really gonna stick with it?

Old 09-27-2018, 03:49 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
tough crap...That's what happens when you have unrestricted travel for one country to another.....
Russia has unrestricted travel with the UK.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:57 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
That's not true. It said right in that article that the Home Office (the spokesperson for the "UK Intelligence Agencies" you refer to) said it could not be confirmed.

Did you not read that?

When are you going to retract your false claim that the Russian passports had phone numbers on them?

Everyone knows that passports don't have phone numbers on them. You really gonna stick with it?
The Prime Minister Theresa May has already stated publically and before Parliament that UK Intelligence and Security Services had identified both men as belonging to the Russian Intelligence Service known as the GRU.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies