Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:57 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times

Advertisements

Skripal 'hitman' unmasked as GRU colonel awarded Russia's highest military honour by Vladimir Putin

Repub ... er ... Putin lovers will call this fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 12:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
What are you going on about.

Passports don't have phone numbers they have passport numbers on them, in the case the geniuses at the Russian Passport office gave out consecutive passport numbers to spies. Which made checking fairly easy, and this was coupled with other pictures and information regarding Russian Military Colleges and Russian Special Forces (the Spetsnaz) which are part of the GRU which is 'The Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation'.

'We got really lucky': how novichok suspects' identities were revealed - The Guardian

Salisbury poisoning suspect: what we know about GRU Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga named over Novichok attack - inews

Special Forces of the Main Directorate of the General Staff - Wikipedia

The UK Home Office is yet to comment, however Col Chepiga’s identity is understood to be undisputed. Scotland Yard's Counter Terrorism Command (SO15) and the Security Service (MI5) will now be further investigating this evidence.

I can get my UK passport out and it has a unique number passport number which I would quote in any dealings with the passport office, indeed all passports have a unique number so they can be linked back to other documents relating to your passport application and other details, this is nothing to do with a phone number.
What you posted about phone numbers was false.

There is no evidence of any of this stuff, here you have someone who claims to be a journalist putting together a theory with no evidence...just posting a few photos and labeling one as one person and another as someone else. I could do that too.

It isn't "Evidence" of anything. I am more inclined to believe this site, and the people behind it, are probably intelligence agents themselves, and able to make claims that would embarrass their governments if made publicly. There's not really any other explanation for this kind of behavior.

It would be like the government of the US citing InfoWars as the source for a claim.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

There is no evidence of any of this stuff, here you have someone who claims to be a journalist putting together a theory with no evidence...just posting a few photos and labeling one as one person and another as someone else. I could do that too.

It isn't "Evidence" of anything. I am more inclined to believe this site, and the people behind it, are probably intelligence agents themselves, and able to make claims that would embarrass their governments if made publicly. There's not really any other explanation for this kind of behavior.

It would be like the government of the US citing InfoWars as the source for a claim.

I posted about the phone numbers. And I want to take a moment to clarify-the phone number was in the passport file of the person in question, not on their passport. And its a tiny insignificant part of the massive amount of evidence at this point. So its like using infowars talking about a extra piece of evidence while every major newspaper is talking about all of the other evidence. Evidence that supports the claim.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I posted about the phone numbers. And I want to take a moment to clarify-the phone number was in the passport file of the person in question, not on their passport. And its a tiny insignificant part of the massive amount of evidence at this point. So its like using infowars talking about a extra piece of evidence while every major newspaper is talking about all of the other evidence. Evidence that supports the claim.
Ok, well immaterial whoever it was. The authenticity or even the existence of this alleged "passport file" has never been established. All that has been done is a photo/scan has been posted, alleged to be some portion of this "file" ...big deal. I could do that. I could make exactly the same claim about any document, that it was "associated" with some file.

That is NOT evidence. It is not proof of anything. Its nothing but a picture!

In this case, all of the coverage is stemming from this one guy with a blog posting his unfounded, unauthenticated documents and images online, and claiming all these associations and such exist. But there is no corroborating evidence of any of these claims.

Anyone could make exactly the same claims or kinds of claims about anyone else.

Proves absolutely nothing, and does so in a method that suggests a political agenda.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Ok, well immaterial whoever it was. The authenticity or even the existence of this alleged "passport file" has never been established. All that has been done is a photo/scan has been posted, alleged to be some portion of this "file" ...big deal. I could do that. I could make exactly the same claim about any document, that it was "associated" with some file.

That is NOT evidence. It is not proof of anything. Its nothing but a picture!

In this case, all of the coverage is stemming from this one guy with a blog posting his unfounded, unauthenticated documents and images online, and claiming all these associations and such exist. But there is no corroborating evidence of any of these claims.

Anyone could make exactly the same claims or kinds of claims about anyone else.

Proves absolutely nothing, and does so in a method that suggests a political agenda.
Well the other fact is that both of these passports were part of a serial run of passports-a surprising number of which list the GRU address as their home address, cant imagine why that happened.

And apparently these two guys got their passport at the same time. Maybe it was just to go see that church!

Seriously, at some point in time you've got to realize that these guys are the bad guys. Their hotel room LITERALLY had traces of nerve gas in it.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well the other fact is that both of these passports were part of a serial run of passports-a surprising number of which list the GRU address as their home address, cant imagine why that happened.

And apparently these two guys got their passport at the same time. Maybe it was just to go see that church!

Seriously, at some point in time you've got to realize that these guys are the bad guys. Their hotel room LITERALLY had traces of nerve gas in it.
So somebody who has never been identified claims ....I could make up a claim that a passport is sequential too...doesn’t prove anything. Passports also don’t have the home address of the person on them either.

And the substance was not nerve gas but a liquid. And how is it that this would be in the hotel room btw? Why would they take the stuff out and expose themselves to a deadly substance in the place where they are going to sleep and spend time?

And you realize the British govt can make any claims it wishes about that. Nobody can verify if their claim is true.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:45 PM

This is beyond pathetic. Seriously, multiple people are making fun of you at this point.

Quote:
So somebody who has never been identified claims ....I could make up a claim that a passport is sequential too...doesn’t prove anything. Passports also don’t have the home address of the person on them either.
Never identified? Theres entire articles about the person involved!
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45665380

Quote:
And the substance was not nerve gas but a liquid. And how is it that this would be in the hotel room btw? Why would they take the stuff out and expose themselves to a deadly substance in the place where they are going to sleep and spend time?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/w...k-skripal.html

Which covers the specifics. #1 sorry "nerve agent". It was in a perfume bottle (which there are picture of"), dispersed as a gas via spraying (thus nerve gas for a period).
And it asnt used in the hotel room, however traces of it were detected via swabs taken at the hotel. And merely moving the agent around in the bottle would do this. This is some insanely dangerous stuff BTW. But given that you are carrying it in a perfume bottle, its not exactly completely air tight.
Quote:

And you realize the British govt can make any claims it wishes about that. Nobody can verify if their claim is true.
Well the Russians certainly helped by putting these two guys on TV, and then the British being able to show the security camera footage of them, pictures of the bottle, etc etc.

Your attempt to defend the Russians on this is simply poorly done.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:40 AM

27,190 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:

If you actually read the Guardian article it gives some insight in to the methods used, and I never stated anything about phone numbers, it was passport numbers.

'We got really lucky': how novichok suspects' identities were revealed - The Guardian

We all know what's gone on, and it's even caused infighting among other Russian Intelligence Agencies wqho have accused the GRU of going too far, whilst the Russians are curently trying to stop yet more leaks.

Salisbury suspects: Russian security services chase for 'leaks' after series of intelligence blunders - The Independent

Russia's spies fall out over botched Salisbury attack, say British security services - The Telegraph

Russian secret services in crisis over fallout from 'botched' Salisbury attack - The Telegraph

It's Britain's role as part of the UKUSA Agreement and Five eyes to gather intelligence on Russia and we do have very reliable intelligence as a result.

UKUSA Agreement - Wikipedia

As for Bellingcat it's a highly praised site which has one awards for it's investigative journalism and is nothing like InfoWars.

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-29-2018 at 03:05 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 04:46 AM

27,190 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond77 View Post
I, as a Russian man, very funny that the world community is seriously discussing the version of poisoning Skripal special services of Russia. One day Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote an amazing novel about the Sherlock Holmes. And watching the investigation of the case of poisoning Skripal remembered inspector Lestrade's.
Seriously, don't your think it's strange that only in the UK, and in such a dangerous way for others, are my compatriots dying? Litvinenko, for example. Yes! Skripal was a mean man in the past, but he served his time for treason. Well, we don't need him. The ramblings of a madman all this.
Oh an actual GRU Russian Troll, still spouting the same nonsense about Sherlock Holmes. The IOPC carried out an indepenent investigation and yoyr wo GRU operatves are on CCTV and there were even traces of novichok found in the rooms of their hotel, lets also not forget the other Russians that have died in mysterious circumstances. Still on the bright side at least we now know how incometent and inept the Russian intelligence services really are.

Enjoy your new sanctions.

EU paves way for Russia sanctions over chemical weapons - DW

Russia cyber-plots: US, UK and Netherlands allege hacking - BBC News

Russia threat warning after military doctor named as second suspect named - Sky News

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-16-2018 at 04:55 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond77 View Post
I, as a Russian man, very funny that the world community is seriously discussing the version of poisoning Skripal special services of Russia. One day Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote an amazing novel about the Sherlock Holmes. And watching the investigation of the case of poisoning Skripal remembered inspector Lestrade's.
Seriously, don't your think it's strange that only in the UK, and in such a dangerous way for others, are my compatriots dying? Litvinenko, for example. Yes! Skripal was a mean man in the past, but he served his time for treason. Well, we don't need him. The ramblings of a madman all this.
Diamond77, There are a lot of idiots with primitive thinking. It's so easy to brainwash them, especially if they blindly trust their government and hate Russia themselves. You won't be able to change their mind. Never.
But fortunately, there are plenty of people in the western world who are openly laughing at false flags of the British clowns. Even some independent British journalists debunked all of their lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies