Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I need no other proof of the intellectual decline in this country than the fact that the fool in the White House is still so popular.
I don't believe you understand why he is there....

1. people didn't want Hillary in there, they feared her...for many reasons....

2. People who voted for Trump wanted to have someone in there who wasn't a politician, as many politicians threw their voters under the bus...

3. Trump promised people/voters he'd work on issues, that no other President before would even talked about, let alone promised they'd try to restructure.

4. People wanted to send a message to Washington, that they were fed up with the current status.

5. They wanted less government control

6. The wanted limited terms

7. They wanted less war and more work bought back into the U.S. they needed work/jobs

No matter how you feel about him, he has addressed problems and more that other presidents ignored.
he surely isn't perfect, but, no one is...and to remain unbiased is so important...

Personally I still think and believe he was a better choice than Hillary....

so many people have come along with great public speaking skills and charisma, but have failed to follow thru with their promises to the people.

But even so, who the people voted for, has fallen on deaf ears....even after he was voted in, the republicans were against him....I will not vote for any of them....all they did was collect a pay check and still didn't work for their voters...and forget that we pay them...they work for us...and at times voted against us...so....

I do think they've backed off only to play the game....but are still a patsy to the establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 11:43 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think the government needs to give schooling back to the states....they did a much better job....
States control public education in their states. The majority of the federal money is for free lunches. In most instances the part of the budget from the feds is around 10%. The states and/or individual districts could give up federal money today if they wanted to. Then they would not have any interference to comply with equal programs, etc.

The feds tell the districts they must verify 3% or 3000 of reduced and free lunch applications, whichever is less. Many districts only do what is required. They could verify all, but do not. They get all kinds of grant money from the feds and states based on the number of low income kids. The economically disadvantaged number comes from the number of kids on reduced or free lunch. The schools want that federal money. The number is bogus. All the parents has to do is fill out the form. if they are asked to proof their income, they ignore it and then pay for lunch. The chances of being asked to prove income are slim to none, especially if one is in a very large district.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:49 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The earth is 10,000 years old and Jesus controls the climate. Certainly Alabama would do a better job teaching this truth than a vile liberal state like California.

This minor dispute over religious or other dogma (and the Lefties surely have some of their own) is a drop in the bucket when compared to the factual material that's needed for advancement in contemporary life. And largely autodidactic (self-taught) secular education is light-years ahead of the extremes at both ends of the spectrum of opinion in that regard.

Consider one man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hoffer

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-27-2018 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 12:16 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was just watching Christine Blasey Fords testimony and she is evidence that the intellect of America is corroding.

What a DITZ.

She is a college professor with a PHD and I think she come across as a bit childish in her nature, thoughts and speech.

Maybe it is all an act and it is working because I don't see Kavanaugh recovering from this.
Not all of us think she is acting. Some of understand people react to trauma in as many ways as there are human beings.

Check out the females you know. Bet you discover one or 2 of them have been assaulted or molested. If they share with you. Some won't. My MIL never once mentioned being molested by her step father. Nor did her sisters. I was grown before my mom told me about her Baptist minister uncle raping her when she was 12.

See how you respond to their story.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
States control public education in their states. The majority of the federal money is for free lunches. In most instances the part of the budget from the feds is around 10%. The states and/or individual districts could give up federal money today if they wanted to. Then they would not have any interference to comply with equal programs, etc.

The feds tell the districts they must verify 3% or 3000 of reduced and free lunch applications, whichever is less. Many districts only do what is required. They could verify all, but do not. They get all kinds of grant money from the feds and states based on the number of low income kids. The economically disadvantaged number comes from the number of kids on reduced or free lunch. The schools want that federal money. The number is bogus. All the parents has to do is fill out the form. if they are asked to proof their income, they ignore it and then pay for lunch. The chances of being asked to prove income are slim to none, especially if one is in a very large district.
I didn't know that....so, what your saying is, all the parents have to do, is fill out the form and no one cares if it is the truth or not?

I understand, some schools are now serving breakfasts to kids as well....is that true?

Old 09-27-2018, 12:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Yeah. The proof is in the White House.

Americans have always been anti-intellectual rubes in Majority numbers. This isn’t some new phenomenon.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Not all of us think she is acting. Some of understand people react to trauma in as many ways as there are human beings.

Check out the females you know. Bet you discover one or 2 of them have been assaulted or molested. If they share with you. Some won't. My MIL never once mentioned being molested by her step father. Nor did her sisters. I was grown before my mom told me about her Baptist minister uncle raping her when she was 12.

See how you respond to their story.
crone, this is what makes it hard b/c you have to wonder why now, right before he's supposed to take office...I mean, why now? Why not 6 months ago, a year ago....two years ago....

totally know what your saying...it's almost a curse to be born a woman....yes....but there are woman who do make up stories...and those woman are making it very difficult for woman like your mom....

Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Its all in the delivery.
Obama= intellectual powerhouse, Trump = boobus, and yet the differences in their actual policy's are a gnats eyelash apart in the grand scheme of things.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah. The proof is in the White House.

Americans have always been anti-intellectual rubes in Majority numbers. This isn’t some new phenomenon.
actually we used to be number one in a great many things years ago and are not any longer....

Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its all in the delivery.
Obama= intellectual powerhouse, Trump = boobus, and yet the differences in their actual policy's are a gnats eyelash apart in the grand scheme of things.
yes, they are, both of them have both good and bad things about them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies