Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 06:22 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Maybe. But they also want to protect you from virulently anti-gay Third World Muslim savages. The Democrats, on the other hand, want to invite in as many of them as possible.

If America were ruled by theocratic Christians, you could kiss gay marriage goodbye. But if were ruled by theocratic Muslims, you could kiss your HEAD goodbye.
There’s an element of truth to that, yes.

I’m a Democrat, and I really don’t understand why (some of) my party thinks that it’s a good idea to import large numbers of ultra-conservative theocratic types from the Middle East.

Let’s not be so “liberal” that we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:33 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm a Christian and we are taught not to judge and not to hate, besides hating can suck the life out of you if you let it. But Dems must make a group a villain so they can point to that group and tell you they'll save you from them just like Hitler made Jews the villain and promised to save Germany from them. It's obvious you can't see it even though history repeats itself over and over, some people easily get caught up on the rhetoric just like you are buying into every word, and every accusation of the Dems rhetoric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I looked it up

Soy boy, a soft doughy docile male feminists. The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis". The term has largely taken the place of the word “****”, short for “cuckold” and is used to imply that a man’s wife or girlfriend is cheating on him with a more masculine male.
It’s good that you’re in favor of those manly Christian men that have sex with multiple women before marriage, unlike those sissies. . I guess “do not commit adultery” is for wimps...manly men tell God who’s boss.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:51 AM

301 posts, read 189,376 times
You know what? Nobody is waging a war on men. What we are doing, however, is no longer allowing men to behave despicably and get away with it. We are no longer allowing men to say whatever they want and get away with it. We are no longer allowing men to touch whoever they want and get away with it. We are no longer allowing men to brutally assault girls in alleyways and get a slap on the wrist because "they have potential and it would ruin their life" if they went to prison. We are no longer allowing men to say "but I was just a kid" when defending horrible mistakes made while those same men as adults will vilify teenage girls who get pregnant and say she has to live with that mistake for the rest of her life.

We have found our voices, finally, and we are no longer willing to keep quiet. We are no longer willing to teach our kids that "boys will be boys" and that girls must take extra precaution in every area of their lives to avoid being hurt by them.

Incredible to me how snow-flakey posts like this come across. You do know what real oppression is, right? It isn't feeling uncomfortable that certain groups of people finally have the rights, the opportunities, and the voice that you have always had. It's someone else's turn, my dude. Dry your tears.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I called it.

All of this angst is the perception that America is slowly eroding the power and 'rights' of white males. Pretty scary when some people insinuate that being able to rape and harass is a 'right' and highlighting such problems as being an assault on men. I'm a guy and I think we should keep highlighting what a sexist and sick society we live in, where sexual predators are enabled and coddled. I don't care what political party you belong to, it's plain despicable to use politics to pick and choose what you get upset over.

But isn't it disturbing that the very real and persistent problem of sexual harassment and assault against women in our country, is being drowned out by those who scream that such concerns are fabrications and witch hunts? The research proves otherwise, false allegations of rape are rare compared to sexual assaults that go unreported.

That a female would start a thread like this blows my mind. No doubt we have enablers in our society that would use politics and race to condone and excuse sexual assault, and drag the names of victims through the mud.

No wonder many people never report such things.
Women have always enabled this behavior. Whether their sons, husbands, boyfriends, too many have rationalized it by claiming that they are protecting someone’s future or worse, grateful it’s being done to someone other than themselves.

How many times have we seen women protect husbands from accusations of incest against their daughters, grandchildren, etc.?
How many times have we seen women offer their children to boyfriends or others?

It doesn’t surprise me that a woman would start this thread.
Women are often hateful, insecure creatures who value appearances and personal security over the suffering of others, even their female children.
I saw an article on a local news site some months ago that detailed the efforts of a group of mothers to defend their HS athlete sons against accusations of rape. They basically said that they didn’t care if the accusations were true, they were hell-bent on making sure their sons didn’t suffer and lose their chance at successful college, and further, careers. They had no sympathy for the victims whatsoever.

This is the culture that is being threatened now and they aren’t going to let it go without a fight.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
From this post you'd think there wasn't one white male Dem out there, lol.
I just did a quick review and the majority of candidates running for office on the Democratic side in my area are...white males.

Many will be elected too.
Go figure.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalvr View Post
You know what? Nobody is waging a war on men. What we are doing, however, is no longer allowing the very small percentage of men to behave despicably and get away with it. We are no longer allowing the very small percentage of men to say whatever they want and get away with it. We are no longer allowing the very small percentage of men to touch whoever they want and get away with it. We are no longer allowing the infinitesimally small percentage of men to brutally assault girls in alleyways and get a slap on the wrist because "they have potential and it would ruin their life" if they went to prison. We are no longer allowing the very small percentage of men to say "but I was just a kid" when defending horrible mistakes made while that same the very small percentage of men as adults will vilify teenage girls who get pregnant and say she has to live with that mistake for the rest of her life.

We have found our voices, finally, and we are no longer willing to keep quiet. We are no longer willing to teach our kids that "boys will be boys" and that girls must take extra precaution in every area of their lives to avoid being hurt by them.

Incredible to me how snow-flakey posts like this come across. You do know what real oppression is, right? It isn't feeling uncomfortable that certain groups of people finally have the rights, the opportunities, and the voice that you have always had. It's someone else's turn, my dude. Dry your tears.
So go after the small percentage of men who are doing this. Leave the rest of us the f--k out of it.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:47 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So go after the small percentage of men who are doing this. Leave the rest of us the f--k out of it.
Exactly. They punish the ones that aren't the problem. Just like with MORE gun control laws. The criminals still use them illegally, and the laws only affect the LAW ABIDING. You don't have to demonize all Men to punish the ones that are being jerks, or worse.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:49 AM

291 posts, read 159,961 times
It's really sickening. I used to be a Democrat. A white, male Democrat. But they hate me. Openly mock me. Over things I can't control. I don't discriminate. I treat my wife (and other women) with respect. I raise my children to be kind, good citizens.

They have spent years trying to divide us by race. Now they are trying to do the same with gender. They want to break up families. It's gross.

There's no reason for any person who wants a united country to be a part of today's Democratic party. Walk away.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:52 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The issue I have with women is that they want to be treated equally in some things. In others they want protected class. Which is it? Women are the same as men in some things in others not so much. They want it both ways!
Both. In my view, we want to be a protected class so we can be equal. Because without being a protected class we can't be equal. At least it hasn't happened yet. It's not difficult to understand.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I didn't read through all the replies but the only people I know who are having any difficulty getting jobs now are white males and they are being TOLD that it's because they are white males...or things like "We have to hire a woman'.
Hearsay?

Sounds a tad like the white males you know may not have been the most qualified or don’t interview well, and chose to PERCIEVE they were not hired because the employer preferred to hire a woman.

It’s still too common a male reaction when a woman or ethnic minority gets the job or promotion to blame through it on Affirmative Action instead of looking inward. They may not be the most qualified. They may not interview as well as others. They may not be a good cultural fit.

Hard- pressed to think most employers would disclose “ we have to hire a woman” and in doing so, risk a lawsuit.

Equal opportunity works both ways. Most employers know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies