Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 08:19 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
More common sense but the argument she and others keep giving is that taking such measures would only prevent a very small percentage of sexual assaults. As though that matters.
Well, I can lock my car at all times and it could still be broken into, yet I still always lock my car.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Well, here is the deal. No one is saying to men that they should never have fresh air or sunlight.

Regarding open windows, there could also be a home robbery/murder made a bit easier by the open windows. But no one says a man should not have fresh air.

Regarding open CURTAINS, mentioning that is even crazier. It goes back to if a male can SEE us, he might be tempted to break in and rape us.

That IS putting the RESPONSIBILITY on us. We have to HIDE. Insane.
What if an attractive woman has open curtains and is in a state of undressed?

Until someone actually has raped someone, no one is putting the responsibility on anyone. I think some females or feminist want to be or at least be perceived as helpless victims of all males for ulterior motives.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
It does matter because those are the only ones everyone seems to talk about when that is not the way we usually get sexually assaulted.

Bull. I've already posted the numbers on campus rapes but will repeat them for you:

Quote:
The National Resource Center on Domestic Violence’s project VAWnet shows that about 50% of sexual assailants admit to being under the influence of alcohol. Since drinking impairs sound judgment, it’s easy to identify alcohol as a contributing factor.

As it concerns the victim, the National Sexual Violence Resource Center reports that 72% of rapes occurred while victims were intoxicated. According to that same study, sorority members experienced a higher risk of sexual assaults than students living off-campus.

Alcohol dulls a sense of danger that would allow a person to recognize a situation’s increased threat potential. In the aftermath of an attack, the resulting trauma may contribute to further alcohol abuse, which heightens the risk of continued victimization.

It’s also worth noting that someone close to the victim perpetuated the assault in almost three-quarters of all cases.

3/4 of all cases involve someone close to the victim.
72% of rapes occurred while victims were intoxicated.
Alcohol dulls a sense of danger tht would allow a person to recognize a situation's increased threat potential.

Get it??

Old 10-06-2018, 08:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Well, I can lock my car at all times and it could still be broken into, yet I still always lock my car.
Exactly! I posted that earlier in the thread. I don't leave valuables in my car and I don't leave my wallet on my porch. As you state, it won't completely eliminate something bad from happening, but it will reduce the odds.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:28 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Well, here is the deal. No one is saying to men that they should never have fresh air or sunlight.

Regarding open windows, there could also be a home robbery/murder made a bit easier by the open windows. But no one says a man should not have fresh air.

Regarding open CURTAINS, mentioning that is even crazier. It goes back to if a male can SEE us, he might be tempted to break in and rape us.

That IS putting the RESPONSIBILITY on us. We have to HIDE. Insane.
Lol, well, I haven't been keeping up with these threads, but that's pretty confining, yeah.

Quote:
It does matter because those are the only ones everyone seems to talk about when that is not the way we usually get sexually assaulted.
Yes, I'm no expert on the subject, but that's what I always hear. Trust me, I, most women I know, and probably most women in general, have tons of stories. Definitely not always a stranger.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Why when you can leave your car unlocked and be a helpless victim in the car break in hysteria movement?

Old 10-06-2018, 08:39 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If you are not intending to consent:

Don't go somewhere private with the male.

It's rude to mislead and waste someone's time anyway.
Hey, maybe you can get this passed as a law in your state because it makes so much sense and all.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Bull. I've already posted the numbers on campus rapes but will repeat them for you:

3/4 of all cases involve someone close to the victim.
72% of rapes occurred while victims were intoxicated.
Alcohol dulls a sense of danger tht would allow a person to recognize a situation's increased threat potential.

Get it??
Interesting that you aren't saying for men to not be drinking after quoting that 50% of ASSAILANTS were drinking when they assaulted people.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:45 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What if an attractive woman has open curtains and is in a state of undressed?
What if she is.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What if she is.
She might be putting her self at risk or inviting a good time depending on who's watching.

See it wasn't just about getting sunlight but being risque and calculated risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies