Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 05:23 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That is not what I mean, and I think you know it.

First of all, I refuse to call any act absent consent a "sexual encounter." Second, when the assailant is known to his (or her) victim, it's the fact that they are in frequent contact, professionally, socially, in a classroom, or, heaven help us, in a church, that provides the opportunity. Do you think those little boys who were molested by priests felt some kind of "sexual rapport" with their attackers? Most men, including priests, are not predators, but for those who are, there is no more effective tool than familiarity.

Cases like that have nothing to do with rapport of any kind. They are a betrayal of trust, pure and simple.
That makes little sense. Why would a criminal attack someone who knows who they are, when they could just attack a person who doesn't know their identity? I think in a lot of these cases where the person is known, there is some kind of sexual rapport or misunderstanding. I don't think we can draw parallels with gay pedophiles and heterosexual adults.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:31 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's just what makes it questionable if they were all really assault victims. The majority of consensual encounters females have are with people they know too. And since they knew the other person, what part did the female play that lead up to the encounter?
If a person says no, no matter what stage you're at in an encounter, whether you date them, are married to them, have just bought them 100 drinks and an expensive dinner, if they've just taken all their clothes off -then that's that. You are not entitled to sex. Ever. A person is allowed to say no, at anytime. You can be mad, feel lied to, led on, teased, whatever - you can never talk to that person again, you can bad mouth them all over town, you can curse their name and rage to god.

But you aren't entitled to sex. Ever. And if you take it anyway, that's assault, and the victims are really assault victims.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:31 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The question is, are boys raised in fatherless homes better-behaved and less-likely to rape than men raised in two-parent homes?

Do you think people have become more respectful or less respectful? Do you think people have developed more self-respect, or less self-respect?

Might it be possible, that the feminist movement, instead of getting people to respect and love each other, is actually turning us against each other?

It is my opinion that the word "respect" is primarily a male concept. But men tend to prefer rules and order.

A woman's world is chaos and drama.

Thank you for the generalization. The person I know who gossips the most is a man. Men accrue info and gossip and call it "locker-room talk." Same, same.

No wonder men and women don't "get" each other; we're too busy defending our respective genders from baseless generalizations lobbed from the other gender. What a waste of time and a shame.

And, no, women are not inferior to men.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Women only want men to be sexually aggressive if they are highly attracted to them. It's no problem, you just have to be an highly attractive male and a mind reader or you might be a sexual harasser or offender .

Women dress scantily to outcompete other women. I personally don't mind women dressing scantily, I kind of prefer it.
Your entire post in nonsense.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:33 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
What do you mean nothing was done? The suspect wasn't identified or caught? I'm guessing they got the guy on other charges and put him away for a long time, and justice was served.

Maybe you were better off than having to prove the rape charges at the time?
I'm guessing otherwise and that the perp got away scot free.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You know that women love drama. Who do you think is watching all those talk shows? Guy cheated on his wife, girl cheated on her boyfriend, love-triangles, etc. These are all shows overwhelmingly watched by women.

Women are obsessed with people, men are obsessed with things and ideas. Men demand respect, women are enablers.
Where do you get this stuff, dude? Complete and utter nonsense.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Sorry that happened to you. When they said 'for your own good', I can tell you that defense attorneys used to get away with disgusting questioning of the victim. They'd bring up every relationship, ask about sex, imply the woman was fast and loose and asking for it, and that was acceptable for some odd reason.

Thankfully, that's changed. But women who did report it back then and had been questioned under oath, felt they'd been raped twice. It was unbelievably unfair to treat victims like that and I still don't understand it.
I understand it and support it though. It follows centuries of common law experience. Otherwise you run the risk of people being severely punished based solely on the mere accusation that an act was against the accuser's will and back to almost witch trial standards.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm guessing otherwise and that the perp got away scot free.
I find that hard to believe authorities would let abduction, kidnapping etc just slide, but anything is possible. This sounds like a local and isolated case and not universal.

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is difficult for men not to view women as sex objects if they dress provocatively. Men are hardwired to be sexually aggressive towards women.

That's why I think it helps for women to dress more modestly, especially in professional or academic settings.
I prefer the word assertive. Most men are not really aggressive and those who are tend to be irritating and a turnoff.

I agree about professional attire but not for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
If a person says no, no matter what stage you're at in an encounter, whether you date them, are married to them, have just bought them 100 drinks and an expensive dinner, if they've just taken all their clothes off -then that's that. You are not entitled to sex. Ever. A person is allowed to say no, at anytime. You can be mad, feel lied to, led on, teased, whatever - you can never talk to that person again, you can bad mouth them all over town, you can curse their name and rage to god.

But you aren't entitled to sex. Ever. And if you take it anyway, that's assault, and the victims are really assault victims.
BRAVO!!!

And to think, that has to actually be explained to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies