Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 02:19 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I always lock the doors to my car and home to help prevent theft. If I left my doors unlocked I’m not asking to be robbed. However I am making it easier for thieves to rob me. Locking my doors also won’t prevent me from being robbed. One should take reasonable precautions to help prevent themselves from being a victim of a crime. Pointing out those reasonable precautions isn’t blaming the victim of the crime. It’s a lesson on steps one can take to help prevent the crime from taking place.
The majority of sexual assault victims are assaulted by people they know, either at home, at work, or some other familiar setting.

The thread asks "Do Women Have A Duty To Protect Themselves From Sexual Assault" - not just sexual assault while they're drunk, while they're out, while they're at a party. While it does happen in those situations, it's not all or even most of the scenarios.

How do you propose women take reasonable precautions, lock their doors if you will, from assault by trusted and known men in their lives?

Locking your doors is easy and doesn't mandate you live your life any differently. It's a lazy answer and not a fitting solution to the problem.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
It is common sense that everyone should do what they can to avoid dangerous situations. But that does not mean victims ever deserve to be victims of crime. This is why every case must be decided on an individual basis.
Brilliant statement and wisdom!

Old 10-06-2018, 02:25 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The majority of sexual assault victims are assaulted by people they know, either at home, at work, or some other familiar setting.
So why is it #MeToo is so focused on "street harassment " then? They should be pointing the finger at their own Male relatives, friends and acquaintances. Not getting ready to pepper spray the guy at the bar.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
It is common sense that everyone should do what they can to avoid dangerous situations. But that does not mean victims ever deserve to be victims of crime. This is why every case must be decided on an individual basis.
No. Join the collective!

Old 10-06-2018, 02:31 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
This is why women must report the crime within 24 hours. So doctors can start a rape test kit for DNA/foreign hairs and so the event is fresh in the memory/mind of the victim.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:42 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
So why is it #MeToo is so focused on "street harassment " then? They should be pointing the finger at their own Male relatives, friends and acquaintances. Not getting ready to pepper spray the guy at the bar.
First, it's not so focused on street harassment, it's stories from all walks - and second, have you ever had to point your finger at your own male relatives, friends and acquaintances? I have. It's more distressing that I can possibly impart to you.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:04 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The thing is before they become outlaws they work their way up to that. They don't necessarily have to have a criminal record either. A rich boy can be it and have zero record because daddy knows who to pay off.

In regards to a Soy Boy basically the hallmark signs are:

- Excessively accommodating to Women to the point of being submissive
- Has a big sheepish obnoxious grin on his face all the time (bearing one's teeth excessively in nature is a sign of submission in primates)
- Is always positive and "upbeat" even when the situation calls for a more somber or pensive tone
- Is constantly checking his "masculine privilege" and doing incessant "temperature checks" for the Women in his life to make sure he's walking on egg shells and not offending them even in the slightest
- Has virtually zero masculinity, frame, conviction in ideals or confidence, constantly seeks approval from females on his lifestyle, hobbies and opinions etc. Therefore he is seen as a little brother. His penis and testicles do not exist to Women.
- Typically skinny fat, overly intellectual and possibly vegan (hence the term "Soy boy"). In general low Testosterone due to a poorly planned vegetarian or vegan diet (you can get testosterone from this diet but the threshold of competence is very high)

The Soy Boy if properly tested would typically reveal Testosterone levels at least 1/2 of what should be expected for a Male of that age. It is not so much the isoflavones from Soy more so than his psychology, diet and lifestyle that contributes to low T, passive and submissive nature and irritatingly "amiable" personality. His entire existence is designed to appease others.

Soy Boys are allergic to mechanical tasks, working with their hands, heavy weights, meat, the mineral iron as well as PIV sexual intercourse.

The opposite of the Soy Boy is Jake the Jerk, Tyrone the Thug, Chad the Biker, Juanito the Dealer, Zeke "The Greek", Tommy Two Toes, "Doggy Style" Darren, "Big Boss" Jim, "Bling Bling" Roberto, etc. Pretty much any guy with a "street" nickname.
Wow. I've been thinking it's just women you don't like. Now it's clear that you don't like anyone.

Please, do yourself a favor. Stop hanging out on incel websites and get out and meet some real people.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No. Join the collective!

LOL, yeah, apparently the only correct answer to the question posed in the thread title is an emphatic 'NO!'

Old 10-06-2018, 03:47 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,546,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LOL, yeah, apparently the only correct answer to the question posed in the thread title is an emphatic 'NO!'
Duty? No, but it's the same with running into the street... Sometimes life hits back harder than you expect

No one is responsible if you starve either but you feel a lot better if you do the duty of eating your meals

Old 10-06-2018, 03:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's a sensitive issue, and people are understandably emotional about it.

I think it's smart for anyone to avoid dangerous situations, but it's not always possible, and not all dangers are immediately apparent.

In any case, once the rape or other assault has taken place, the penalty for the assailant should be the same, regardless of whether or not the woman exercised every possible precaution. If I leave my door unlocked and get burglarized, the burglar doesn't receive a lighter sentence, right? This is no different.

I realize you are probably not suggesting otherwise, and I think you've taken a lot of flak from people who believe you are. By the same token, the OP has, too, for asking the question at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies