Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 06:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Not just for police situations. I jog every day and I've got to tell you, I ALWAYS anticipate the worst when I come across anyone on the trail with a dog bigger than a football. I've been attacked twice by dogs while jogging. It's damn frightening. And it is the main reason I carry a small push dagger with me while jogging. Never again.

I'm sure dogs could be used effectively on the border right now.

I think it is the opposite of what liberals generally claim about Trump voters. Trump voters were smart enough to see what voting for the alternative would mean for their futures. They said no thanks. Nothing stupid about that.
According to some posters you should probably just shoot it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Only less than 10% of asylum claims are granted, while most don't show up at their court dates and become illegal aliens. So the previous administrations policy of catch and release resulted in primarily an increase of illegal immigration. If that was a school project the grade would be an F---. I think we can do a lot better without hardly trying.

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
It's about darned time, but obviously more needs to be done considering there are over 10,000 illegals massing on the border.

Mexico to immediately deport 500 migrants who 'violently and illegally' tried to cross US border

Old 11-25-2018, 07:01 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Because it is false. Mexico offered temporary status in those two states in southern Mexico. That was all over the Spanish news. In a year or two they would likely be sent back. Had they really been offered asylum to Mexico, and not temporary permit to the poorest state, most would probably take it. Stop spreading false news.
Unfortunately these folks are not into facts. Facts destroy their illusions. So they must rely on right wing myths.

In fact the Mexican offers is outrageous. Volunteer for serfdom and we will let you stay.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:03 PM

If they are going to be killed if they stay in El Salvador,then escaping murder while still being poor is being offered asylum. Asylum isn't an automatic ticket to first world wages. It's simply an opportunity not to be murdered. Otherwise we potentially have 4 billion poor people who move here.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Unfortunately these folks are not into facts. Facts destroy their illusions. So they must rely on right wing myths.

In fact the Mexican offers is outrageous. Volunteer for serfdom and we will let you stay.
Asylum isn't for economic benefits. Period.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You mean amnesty once again? No thanks! How would that stop all these caravans from Central America coming here anyway?
The 1986 Amnesty signed by Reagan was unmitigated disaster. Congress only half-heartedly approved more security. Employers found ways around the requirements. More illegals came and stole more jobs.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:11 PM

3,847 posts, read 1,789,905 times
I knew sooner or later these migrants would try to rush our border just as we saw earlier today. Thankfully our authorities stopped them with tear gas. More needs to be done to deter these people. I watched a couple of videos and they were still waving their flag and smiling as they busted past the Mexican police..... Seriously deport them all back to where to they came from.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:14 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's an unfair and untrue attack on Trump voters. I thought better of you than that. Trump voters have nothing to do with the topic at hand anyway. Regardless of whom an American votes for they have a right to be in this country and regardless of their economic or educational status. Cheap shot by you.

I agree.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It appears Mexico plans to deport the group which stormed the US Border:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46339085
Mexico sees the gravity of the situation. Wonder why Obama never forced Mexico to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies