Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 07:16 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
According to some posters you should probably just shoot it.
No... can't go that far.

With the border situation, I trust that the authorities will do everything they can to avoid that sort of lethal force. There are many tactics that would disperse angry mobs very quickly that are not lethal. I've mentioned it several times here--LRAD is extremely effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No... can't go that far.

With the border situation, I trust that the authorities will do everything they can to avoid that sort of lethal force. There are many tactics that would disperse angry mobs very quickly that are not lethal. I've mentioned it several times here--LRAD is extremely effective.
Did you miss the posts from people in the other thread who stated border patrol should be shooting anyone who crashes through the border?

My comment was tongue in cheek. I'm guessing at least some of the people who suggested shooting them would be screaming bloody murder if they saw a dog shot.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:22 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Not just for police situations. I jog every day and I've got to tell you, I ALWAYS anticipate the worst when I come across anyone on the trail with a dog bigger than a football. I've been attacked twice by dogs while jogging. It's damn frightening. And it is the main reason I carry a small push dagger with me while jogging. Never again.

I'm sure dogs could be used effectively on the border right now.

I think it is the opposite of what liberals generally claim about Trump voters. Trump voters were smart enough to see what voting for the alternative would mean for their futures. They said no thanks. Nothing stupid about that.

Exactly.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:26 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you miss the posts from people in the other thread who stated border patrol should be shooting anyone who crashes through the border?

My comment was tongue in cheek. I'm guessing at least some of the people who suggested shooting them would be screaming bloody murder if they saw a dog shot.
Yeah, I know, I know. And I agree. But we all know that most all of us get a bit hot under the collar and say some pretty extreme things at times here. I don't know that we can take that seriously.

But then again, they are people who should not be standing at our border with their hands out. Mexico should have never let them cross their southern border. But here they are. The trick is keeping them away from the actual border without lethal force. There are plenty of viable options short of going Rambo down there.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:29 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Default Hundreds of migrants from caravan mob try to storm through US border fence, police fire tear gas, US closes border

Liberals, are you still trying to pretend this is not a forcible foreign invasion?

-----------------------------------------

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/migr...191030971.html

US agents fire tear gas as some migrants try to breach fence
Christopher Sherman, Associated Press

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) — U.S. border agents fired tear gas on hundreds of migrants protesting near the border with Mexico on Sunday after some of them attempted to get through the fencing and wire separating the two countries, and American authorities shut down border crossings from the city where thousands are waiting to apply for asylum.

The situation devolved after the group began a peaceful march to appeal for the U.S. to speed processing of asylum claims for Central American migrants marooned in Tijuana. Some saw an opportunity to breach the crossing.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-25-2018 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 11-25-2018, 07:32 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
South Korea was built up by the US to use as military base. Neither South Korea nor Taiwan developed on their own, they are the creation of the US finances and technology. Same with Poland, it is being built up for military purposes. The most powerful nation in the world-USA-can build or destroy nations. It is why Africa is kept poor, to continue extracting their resources.

Those corrupt governments you are talking about are fully backed by the US. Only a few oppose it and the result is even worst with sanctions and wars. It is true corruption is at the root, but what you are unable to see is that behind that corruption is western interest.
You are wrong - on all accounts. The only people gaining from corruption are locals who willingly pocket the money. These countries have a history of corruption. It's a way of living; it's a way of doing business.

Crappy corrupt governments exist because the people ultimately acquiesce to them and they do so because they have an expectation of an out - sneaking over the border and stealing Americans' jobs.

South Korea was used for cheap manufacturing labor. In 1980 demonstrations broke out in Busan against the de-facto military regime. The people wanted more freedom and political rights. The US opposed it since they thought the North Koreans were behind. For months, strikes and demonstrations crippled the country. Demonstrations continued until 1982. There were political freedoms and the country greatly prospered.

Poland's economic development has nothing to do with the US or US military. Solidarity movement happened during the communist regime. The US was nowhere there. Solidarity achieved relative political freedoms during the communist rule. After the fall of communism, Poland developed much faster than other former East European communist countries because they had freedom.

Taiwan was cast off during the Billy Clinton years. Billy embraced Red China even after Tianemin. The Taiwanese people changed from political system where aged old representatives for provinces that they Red Chinese had voted. There is no democracy when political leaders represent non-existent people. Street demonstrations brought about change and the country began to prosper.

Look at Chile. Street demonstrations forced the dictator Pinochet to give up rule. The country prospered above other LatAm countries because people had freedom.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
I'm not seeing all the mostly women and children that we've been told about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-hqE8wmYE

Old 11-25-2018, 07:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Good. Let this send a message illegals are not welcome and if you dont enter the right way that makes you an illegal. It's hard to take their asylum claims seriously when they have turned down Mexico's generous offer.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
“The migrants are fed up”

Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not seeing all the mostly women and children that we've been told about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-hqE8wmYE
That is because those that tried to rush the border today are only a portion of the entire caravan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies