Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I hope Trump declares martial law in the 100 mile border zone to stop this invasion force.

Lock it down for national security !!!
Yeah--I'm sure the Americans who live in those areas would be pleased to have their freedom of movement violated.

If he did declare martial law, I would hope to see a thousand Bundy standoffs, except with more self-defense used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
These "migrants" want work?
Give them a job building the wall.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump should send the military into Mexico and stop the invasion force there. Mexico can complain but if they can't stop a caravan of people from C.A. in their country we should show them how its done. That ends the deportation/catch and release nonsense. Invasion of people from C.A. and Mexico doesn't stop it they have no reason not to allow an invasion from north of their border either.
News is spreading all over south America that Mexico is letting people safely travel through their country to try to illegally enter the US

Expect alot more coming thru

Old 10-22-2018, 09:58 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Of course, media is embedded within the invaders...

Video at the Tweet

https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/sta...40616961802241

Old 10-22-2018, 10:00 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Default Caravan of migrants swells to 7,200 and stretches more than a mile long as they continue marching toward U.S. border

Caravan of migrants swells to 7,000 and stretches more than a mile long as they continue marching towards the U.S. border

7,000 people is a lot of people. They had 2,000 last week. Now they have 7,000. By next week, will they have 20,000?

Who is feeding them? Bathing them? Doctoring them (in any group that size, some people will get sick, have problems etc.)?

It's about 1,500 miles from Guatemala and Honduras,to the U.S. border. People in good shape (and well fed etc.) can walk maybe 15-20 miles a day. If they walk all day, seven days a week, never stopping to rest for a day, it will take them maybe 70 to 100 days to get here. At least two or three months.

If they get here sooner, how did they do it? Did someone quietly provide buses for them? Who? It would take around 130+ buses to load 7,000 people (if their numbers don't keep increasing). Or 100 if they pack them in like sardines, standing in the bus aisles, riding on the roof etc. And they still need food, bathrooms, places to sleep etc. Where's it all coming from?

They are said to be walking ten abreast, stretching back like a mile. A group that size would never stay in such a well-organized formation, unless someone was doing the organizing, and policing the formation constantly and harshly. Even a good military group on the march, that size, would have trouble doing that. Who is organizing and policing them?

A huge number of unanswered questions, with ominous import. And is the mainstream media even trying to ask the questions, much less find the answers?

President Trump speaks no more than the truth when he calls this an invasion.

-----------------------------------------------

Caravan of migrants swells to 7,000 and stretches more than a mile long as they continue marching towards the U.S. border

by AP and Emily Crane
PUBLISHED: 14:24 EDT, 21 October 2018
UPDATED: 23:06 EDT, 21 October 2018

The throng of Central American migrants advancing toward the U.S. border in southern Mexico has now swelled to a whopping 7,000 people as they defy the efforts of four governments to break them up.

Thousands of mostly Honduran migrants rose at dawn on Sunday from the shores of a river between Guatemala and Mexico and continued their trek northward, overwhelming Mexican government attempts to stop them at the border.

Their numbers swelled from 2,000 to about 5,000 overnight and at first light they set out walking toward the Mexican town of Tapachula, 10 abreast in a line stretching approximately a mile. That number has now reportedly risen to 7,000.

Several hundred more already had applied for refugee status in Mexico and an estimated 1,500 were still on the Guatemalan side of the Suchiate River, hoping to enter legally. The slow process prompted several thousand to cross the river illegally by rafts or even swimming.

It came as President Donald Trump fired off a tweet on Sunday afternoon, saying: 'Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Southern Border. People have to apply for asylum in Mexico first, and if they fail to do that, the U.S. will turn them away. The courts are asking the U.S. to do things that are not doable!'
Attached Thumbnails
Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the midterms? MERGED-7000migrants_21oct2018.jpg  

Old 10-22-2018, 10:00 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You can put me down for whatever you want. This is not a new occurrence.

But, as per usual, Trump manages to blow it up completely out of proportion and YOU fall for it hook, line, and sinker.
Fall for what?

There is in fact 10,000+ people heading to the US, they have already pushed through several borders, destroying fencing, and injuring police officers.

Someone is planning, and funding this operation, I'm asking people to go on the record to say whether or not they support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're likely only going to get honest answers from moderate Democrats like myself, but keep pushing for a response because I want to see if any libs are going to post a reply that isn't nothing more than a blah blah blah evasion of the question.
I appreciate your honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't understand people yelling this is the fault of the Dems. How in the world is that true? And I agree, Trump has control over all three branches of government and the Supreme Court I might add. He needs to deal with it. But he won't because he is incapable. All he is capable of doing is stoking his base with hatred.
Are you saying that the democrats have not openly supported mass migration, and open borders?

Are you saying that the timing of this isn't blatantly obvious?

What is Trump supposed to do with 10,000+ people, and the numbers are expected to grow by 3, or 4 times.

So what are we supposed with 30k-40k people demanding entry into the country?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:01 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How in the hell would we have the manpower to screen 8,000 foreigners at our border? Where are they going to stay while this is going on and who's going to pay for their upkeep? They need to be sent back to their countries to apply at their embassies for asylum not sit on our border to do it.
I tend to agree with you but then I see babies and kids and my heart strings are pulled
I really think there is no correct answer. I do, however, not believe that we should allow everyone in. We need to have borders and borders that are enforced. I used to think the wall was a dumb idea. Its looking more and more likely that it may be the only solution to our problem. It may deter these "caravans" that will become all to frequent when the previous ones gained entry illegally.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 AM

391 posts, read 158,755 times
I wish Trump would use some low flying bombers to strafe them. Sends a CLEAR message.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 AM

900 posts, read 375,577 times
they will enter there is nothing that the American government can do that does not harm human rights ...

Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I found a story from a caravan in 2017 if anyone is interested.

https://www.npr.org/sections/picture...igrant-caravan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies