Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:31 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
This "caravan" needs to be stopped at our border. Each individual screened. On a individual basis, determined if they need to go back into Mexico or allowed in. While I do not support separating children from parents, screening 8,000 is going to be a lot and I am sure the "living conditions" they will have to be forced to endure while waiting their turns will trigger extreme liberals. You know, they think the Hilton would be more suitable. However, it will be better then the conditions they are running from I would assume. Heat, food and beds.
none of them need to be let in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 09:31 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Caravan is going to backfire on the Dems big time....
No one wants to be invaded....American Mexicans are the ones that vote...and they hate Guatemalans and Hondurans..are smart enough to know at the least they will take jobs away from Mexicans....unlike some American blacks that still don't get it and vote democrat
...and this is putting it right in the face of everyone in this country

No one could have come up with a better advertisement for build the wall.....
Can you tell me exactly how the caravan is the fault of the Dems?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Smart move by Trump getting ahead of this.

The motive for this whole caravan/invasion is to give Trump bad press at the election. This is the October Surprise.

Either Trump will let them in - and discourage the base.

-or-

Trump will will be forced to turn this into an ugly scene by those provoking the issue. Understand - Trump is responding to actions done beyond his control, but it will be spun into Trump has caused this, and he hates immigrants. The media spin is already in place.

Get your minds ready to deal with this.

Also note... hurricane is due to hit Mexico. That may play a factor as well.

You are right on target!!
However, the media and left are depending on their ability to manipulate the masses. Hope they are wrong this time, but ... (from similar thread):

Isn't it coincidental that these 5000-8000? people suddenly decided to leave their homes and families and march 1000 miles through Mexico toward the U.S. border (with winter approaching) - timing their arrival just before the midterm elections?

Who is feeding and sheltering this mob? Where will they go (sanctuary cities?) and what will they do, even if they did walk across the U.S. border en mass? (Reality: This is an orchestrated protest, not a thousands of Central American immigrants simply seeking asylum in the U.S.)

If the U.S. does respond in force (which we must do), who will benefit from the manufactured media and political outrage over "families being torn apart" and "attacks on poor, innocent people only seeking a better life in the U.S."?

It's not rocket science! -Watch and see who (besides the media), whips-up a frenzy and seeks to gain sympathetic midterm votes, based on the U.S. government response to this protest!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I think that's likely part of the migrants' strategy... get Trump to make a foolish move so that they can make him look bad.

IMO, Trump should do exactly what the media doesn't want him to do -- ignore the issue and move on. Dispatch the national guard to assist with border patrol if needed and call it a day.

There are far more pressing matters to attend to right now.

So Trump should just ignore thousand of invaders crashing our border? How would he be ignoring it by dispatching the National Guard, etc. No, right now there isn't anything more pressing than these invaders crashing our border. There is no way that Trump will look bad for protecting our borders as he is sworn to do so. Who cares what idiot bleeding hearts and ethnocetnrics think?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:34 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What do you mean do we support it?

It's happening; it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

This President should be able to deal with it without all the hand wringing and fuss.

They are turning themselves in it's up to the Trump administration to determine if anyone gets in or not.

Jesus. Can't he deal with anything without making a huge deal out of it?

So tired of Trump's drama and fear stoking.
I don't understand people yelling this is the fault of the Dems. How in the world is that true? And I agree, Trump has control over all three branches of government and the Supreme Court I might add. He needs to deal with it. But he won't because he is incapable. All he is capable of doing is stoking his base with hatred.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I agree but he is too stupid to do that.
He definitely misses a lot of opportunities to outwit and outclass the democrats. So many instances where he ends up taking their bait and looking foolish.

It makes me cringe. Trump could benefit even more if he would just take the high-road on issues... it's no risk and all gain.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Since 2010? Hey...that was during OBAMAS regime...why in the hell didnt he do anything about it? Huh?

What could he do about it? It was in Mexico. If it makes you feel better continue to blame Obama for what is a relatively minor thing.
what "could" he do about it? Hmmm, i dont know..maybe tell Mexico to enforce its own draconian immigration laws? Instead, Obummer just looks the other way while they do whatever they want when it comes to ours..

Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
South Americans?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
This "caravan" needs to be stopped at our border. Each individual screened. On a individual basis, determined if they need to go back into Mexico or allowed in. While I do not support separating children from parents, screening 8,000 is going to be a lot and I am sure the "living conditions" they will have to be forced to endure while waiting their turns will trigger extreme liberals. You know, they think the Hilton would be more suitable. However, it will be better then the conditions they are running from I would assume. Heat, food and beds.

How in the hell would we have the manpower to screen 8,000 foreigners at our border? Where are they going to stay while this is going on and who's going to pay for their upkeep? They need to be sent back to their countries to apply at their embassies for asylum not sit on our border to do it.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
This smells like a set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies