Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:04 AM

391 posts, read 158,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
they will enter there is nothing that the American government can do that does not harm human rights ...
"human rights" be damned...they should be stopped with ALL available resources at their disposal. American Citizens have human rights as well and they should not be put in harms way by invaders flooding the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 10:09 AM

3,843 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Trump has a right to protect our country from invaders. I sincerely hope not one person gets accepted. After seeing the photos of what these people did to the Mexican police, no sympathy for any of them.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:09 AM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the mid terms?

It's 1,500 miles from Guatemala to the U.S. border. And even farther from Honduras.

People in good shape can walk maybe 15-20 miles a day... if they're well fed and cared for. (Who's feeding them and caring for them, providing them places to sleep, bathrooms etc.? 7,000 people is a LOT of people)

According to media stories, they just crossed the Guatemala/Mexican border in the last few days.

So it will take them at least 2-3 months to get to the U.S. border. If they walk 7 days a week, never slacken their pace or pause a day to rest.

The answer to your question above, is left as an exercise for the class.
Attached Thumbnails
Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the midterms? MERGED-mexicomap_22oct2018.jpg  

Last edited by Roboteer; 10-22-2018 at 10:18 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 10:10 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Default BREAKING: A Second Caravan Is Forming

This invasion atrocity is planned. It's planned. This is not organic.

And now, I'm hearing that a SECOND caravan is forming behind the first one. This is getting very chilling. President Trump needs to send our National Guard immediately.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I hope Trump declares martial law in the 100 mile border zone to stop this invasion force.

Lock it down for national security !!!
I love the idea. Any democratic official who interferes, can be locked up.
This is one step from all out warfare, and the president is in charge of enforcing the law.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

And now, I'm hearing that a SECOND caravan is forming behind the first one. This is getting very chilling. President Trump needs to send our National Guard immediately.
Correct. It's 7,000 people this time.

Next time it will be 700,000 if this disgrace of a march is not handled!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Literally - conservatives have started a dozen threads or more on this very topic. Ya'll are following Trumps lead. This is a job for the Drama Llama! Invasion! Soros! Military!

Chit.

It's not the first and it won't be the last. Other presidents managed to deal with the situation without terrorizing the american public.

Because rage solves nothing and just gets ya'll all worked up.

I don't think anyone *instigated* this event - unlike the republicans who are busy blaming Soros.

I DO think Trump is capitalizing on it in order to stoke fear in his base.

I'd say it's working
the caravan is now estimated to be over 7000...oops..Am I "stoking fear" in Trumps base?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM

3,843 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

WTH?

President Trump better be prepared to engage the military, be tough, ignore all who don't want to protect our border.

Now it does seem planned and staged.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Invaders ought to be shot.

And who said these people are unarmed? They are armed with bad culture, ignorance, stupidity, and failure. These are far more dangerous than any "assault weapons".

They ARE themselves the weapon - a demographic blitzkrieg.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:17 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I love the idea. Any democratic official who interferes, can be locked up.
This is one step from all out warfare, and the president is in charge of enforcing the law.
Another person with no regards to the rights of the people who happen to live within 100 miles of the border.

What if an American citizen resists his freedom of movement in his own country? Is he arrested? Shot?

If the government tried to do this there would be 100 Ruby Ridges, but way worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies