Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times

Advertisements

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...=hp_lista_pos3

Can't believe it took this long for the federal government to state the obvious, under the law you are male or female. Seems we've been adding a letter to the LGBTABCDEF123456@%^%@...etc etc nonsense pretty much every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 10:49 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
There is a reason why "other" is sometimes listed: there are too many so-called non-binary gender options. "Intersex" is a legit third sex/gender.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:01 AM

31,919 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Default DT To "Define Transgender Out Of Existence"

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a government wide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/u...efinition.html

This will not end well, of that I promise you.

Last time GOP/conservatives tried to block LGBT rights it was on marriage, and I presume all know how the results of that movement.

Still give His Orangeness and his GOP/Evangelical/Conservative instruments in government credit; nothing like throwing out red meat to a hungry base.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,645 times
Wow. That was an interesting article.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a government wide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

Last time GOP/conservatives tried to block LGBT rights it was on marriage, and I presume all know how the results of that movement.

Still give His Orangeness and his GOP/Evangelical/Conservative instruments in government credit; nothing like throwing out red meat to a hungry base.
Making a promise like most politicians who don't keep the promises made on the campaign trail.

Promise is easy to make and easy to break.
Nature however makes its own promise and one of them is genitalia at birth. Most people are born with and have been defined with either male or female genitalia.
Any promise to dispute that is farcical. Nature won't be influenced by any empty promise made by humans.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:34 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
For the last year, the Department of Health and Human Services has privately argued that the term “sex” was never meant to include gender identity or even homosexuality, and that the lack of clarity allowed the Obama administration to wrongfully extend civil rights protections to people who should not have them.
This.

The purpose isn’t to define “transgender out of existence”. The intent is to clarify the legal definition of “sex” for federal legal purposes - which is way past due.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-22-2018 at 04:43 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 05:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Who will be the science deniers on this issue ?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ns-report-says

HHS wants to define gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable,” according to the memo.

If enacted, it also would do away with a series of moves by the Obama administration to recognize a person’s gender as an individual’s choice and not determined by their sex assigned at birth.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:06 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Born a boy, you are male; born a female, you are female. You don’t get to pick and choose later in life.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:43 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
What happens to people with penises who have ovaries? What about the ones with vaginas who have testicles?

External genitalia may not match chromosomal gender.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:03 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
If I recall, people mocked Rachel Dolezal endlessly for trying to identify outside of the racial make up that she was born with. How is trying to identify outside of the genitalia and other gender specific genetic traits that you were born with any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies