Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:24 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
They can express it. But nobody else can be forced to express it for them.

That's what this does - gets rid of the ability of the mentally ill to force others to share their delusions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
This move says "We will no longer enable and propagate your delusions".

It does not strip any right from anyone. You have no right to have your mental disorder enabled and your delusions validated by the government.
Nature provided a very easy way to declare who is male, and who is female. The Left has perverted the basics of human anatomy in order to promote some feel good fantasy of "inclusiveness", and right whatever perceived PAST wrong against those who are confused, or ill. It only allows the confused, and mentally ill to propagate a lie, and misconception.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
This is a man who claimed during his campaign that he would be a friend to the LGBT community. And some fools actually believed it and voted for him.

Here's an article about it that isn't behind a paywall: Trump Administration Could Stop Recognizing Transgender People | Fortune

from the article:

But, as this thread demonstrates, a lot of people don't believe LGBT people are actually people who deserve civil rights. So here we are.

They deserve all the civil rights that anyone else does.

They just don't deserve specific, special civil rights that are based solely on the way they feel.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yet we are all forced to submit to your delusion of an angry war genie in the sky who hates everyone who doesn't fit perfectly into a box defining what is acceptable (white, heterosexual, conservative, fundamentalist Christian, etc).

Actually "we" are not. I do not buy into the imaginary sky god, and go about my daily life with no issues about it. In fact , my cubicle mate here at work in a born again Christian and we get along just fine.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
They can express it. But nobody else can be forced to express it for them.

That's what this does - gets rid of the ability of the mentally ill to force others to share their delusions.
What it could be used for is to disadvantage transgender people. And I'm sure you know that, and are in fact pleased at the idea.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Why do you people care so much who other people sleep with?

Nobody is forcing you to be in a same-sex relationship. Yet, you want to legally force me into the closet.

I really couldn't care less...….as long as they keep it PRIVATE not parade it in public, in front of me, my children/grandchildren, or try to force the ABSURD lie that it is normal be taught to our kids in school!

Yes, that abnormality SHOULD ABSOLUTELY REMAIN HIDDEN!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

It never existed in the first place. There is no such thing as a "transgender" man or woman. There is just somebody who has undergone voluntary genital mutilation, and picked up a drug habit (hormones).

Old 10-22-2018, 10:30 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
I don't know
The wifey and I were discussing this issues this morning as it plays in who we will vote for in the Senate race in our State.

Wife feels that sex is different from gender those who change gender are dealing with mental health issues.

I don't know man I am the opposite I guess. I feel let people live their life how they should and freely. Feel the Government should be neutral and just protect the rights of every individual. Everyone receives the equal care, same benefits, and so forth.

Though do think up to high school level there should be separate bathrooms for those who are transgender. All those hormones flying around, LOL!

With free speech and hate speech. I agree people have to right to speak openly and say what they want. If you use speech as an attack or make derogatory statements towards a person based off their culture, beliefs, Religion, and so forth that is no good. Think community service and fines are appropriate response to a person who uses hate speech; unless they of course cause any physical damage to life or property then that jumps into other areas of the legal system. Does that make sense to.

Last edited by RunD1987; 10-22-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 10:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Interesting theory--Trump is using a tactic often used by dictators.

"...Attacking transgender people – especially transgender women – has become a favorite strategy for authoritarians, and Trump is no exception. On Sunday, the New York Times reported that the Trump administration is attempting to narrow gender identity to the one assigned at birth – thereby denying transgender people their place in society....

...This is a deliberate attempt to deploy tried and tested transphobic messaging to rile up his voter base ahead of the midterm elections. Trump wants to rally conservatives while engaging in attacking a marginalized group that it is still socially acceptable to target...."

".....we form too small a minority to pose a serious threat to authoritarianism. Women’s liberation is what autocrats are attempting to quell with anti-trans measures. Strongmen have made their hostility and contempt for women clear, whether it is through promotion of rape as was done by the Filipino leader Rodrigo Duterte, or pushing a US supreme court nominee credibly accused of sexual assault while insulting his accusers, in the case of Donald Trump...."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...acy-patriarchy

Old 10-22-2018, 10:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
I have little doubt that if Republicans could actually get everything they want accomplished, it would actually be illegal to be gay. We would have an anti-gay law similar to what Russia has. In fact part of the reason for Trump's extreme popularity is people's anger over the decision to legalize gay marriage (though recently abortion has been more in the spotlight). Thing is, once they have rounded up and incarcerated the LGBT community or forced everyone else back in the closet, they will go after other "sinners."

It's hard to believe that only three years after #LoveWins, we have become a nation that has been completely overtaken in backlash by a seething hatred and rage that can't accept that people who don't look, think, act, and believe like them should be allowed to even exist in this country. What a despicable time in history we are living in.
The same population that voted in Obama also voted in Trump.

Same voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies