Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 02:16 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times

Advertisements

If I were the president, I would try banning so many violent TV shows and movies from public release.

Just take a look at those popular TV series, Game of thrones, Westworld, etc. Some persons are killed every five minutes. When people have enough bloody killings, they make a change by introducing some sadist torturing people.

If Americans have acquired such a taste since childhood, what do you expect them to do as adults?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 03:22 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
If I were the president, I would try banning so many violent TV shows and movies from public release.

Just take a look at those popular TV series, Game of thrones, Westworld, etc. Some persons are killed every five minutes. When people have enough bloody killings, they make a change by introducing some sadist torturing people.

If Americans have acquired such a taste since childhood, what do you expect them to do as adults?
Those TV shows were created in more recent years, so adults we're not raised with those, but possibly violent video games. I do feel it doesn't help to make commonplace depictions of violence, which has grown over time.

In the case of tRump at his age however, what has been his excuse, since none of that existed when young? He is so outwardly offensive and apparently appreciative of hostility and violence toward others since his youth, that he is not helping to discourage this or set an appropriate example for young people. (He certainly would not prohibit violence in entertainment).

He is of a certain kind whom did not appear common until HE showed up. He has encouraged being backward instead of instilling positive, forward behavior. (MAGA my ___). Then when a negative incident occurs that affects the country, he must be conflicted, having encouraged negative behavior, but needs to act as if it "is appalling and won't be tolerated", just to impress some around him and justify his standing.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
....becuase trump trump in lying when he opens his mouth.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
....becuase trump trump in lying when he opens his mouth.
Translation?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:40 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
OH, please...that is part of his natural self, at least being down-to-Earth and sincere, properly expressing himself honestly and humanly, also entertainingly, having proven to be a terrific speaker.

The buffoon you are supporting stands there squinting, having difficulties reading words provided for him, looking at one monitor, then the other to make it appear natural, also wiggling his body back and forth while attempting to speak. (It reminds me of a small child on stage). No one else has ever appeared this way.
Now, THAT is Rich!

Old 10-29-2018, 04:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is a sociopath. Sociopaths can’t relate to anything that’s not about them.
So, I guess you would say the same about Obama then?

Old 10-29-2018, 04:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He has a winking quality to his voice when he really doesn't mean it. The righties pick up on that. Remember David Duke said that he realized Trump was just talking for appearances when he condemned the neo-nazis.
Sure. Right. Hillary, is that you?

Old 10-29-2018, 05:24 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Those TV shows were created in more recent years, so adults we're not raised with those, but possibly violent video games. I do feel it doesn't help to make commonplace depictions of violence, which has grown over time.

In the case of tRump at his age however, what has been his excuse, since none of that existed when young? He is so outwardly offensive and apparently appreciative of hostility and violence toward others since his youth, that he is not helping to discourage this or set an appropriate example for young people. (He certainly would not prohibit violence in entertainment).

He is of a certain kind whom did not appear common until HE showed up. He has encouraged being backward instead of instilling positive, forward behavior. (MAGA my ___). Then when a negative incident occurs that affects the country, he must be conflicted, having encouraged negative behavior, but needs to act as if it "is appalling and won't be tolerated", just to impress some around him and justify his standing.
The way I see violence, this has been a problem with human beings from day one, even without the depictions of violence on television.

I have known about Trump being crass and vulgar for a long time. However, when he ran for President, it became something scary to me. His nasty, crass demeanor suddenly became front and center. I often thought to myself throughout the campaign season "there is no way a nut house like Trump is going to win. I would give the 3rd party candidate a better chance than him". Other thoughts included "Trump is vulgar, bigoted, and crazy. This is a clown show and anyone with decency will not support him".

As things progressed ,I started seeing more and more of the vulgarity, nasty and crass attitudes, and people acting on them. For as sad as that was, other things I saw and heard had a confusing effect on me. I was meeting people who admitted that Trump was vulgar and crass, but would excuse it and say "he means well, he talks dirty and trashy, but he's good deep down at heart". Other excuses included "he's from New York and that's how they are up there" and "he speaks his mind". People who normally wouldn't behave like that making excuses for Trump's behavior.

As for that certain kind that you speak of, that kind was always there. One of the biggest things that have changed is social media. The violent faction of Trump's support base didn't have the same level of social media back in 2004. There were definitely violent people and racist people back then. Now, let's be honest. Some people are going to endorse violence no matter who the President is. However up to 2015, I never saw a President, Democratic or Republican who was outwardly vulgar or seem to foster an atmosphere is "go out and act like a violent buffoon".

And now I go into this. Those who had any true respect for the Presidential office had to keep a modicum of respect and restraint. When Trump came along, he spoke the language of the vulgar and the nasty. More people feel that because President Trump is vulgar and nasty, they have permission to be like this too. Some people are getting bolder now.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,916 times
Quote:
OH, please...that is part of his natural self, at least being down-to-Earth and sincere, properly expressing himself honestly and humanly, also entertainingly, having proven to be a terrific speaker.

The buffoon you are supporting stands there squinting, having difficulties reading words provided for him, looking at one monitor, then the other to make it appear natural, also wiggling his body back and forth while attempting to speak. (It reminds me of a small child on stage). No one else has ever appeared this way.
If by buffoon, you are referring to former President Obama; how hypocritical. The man child that is supposedly in charge now, can't even read from a teleprompter or his notes. He is way too conceited to slip on glasses, or maybe he really does not read well.

Trump is not down to earth nor is he sincere, (unless he is spewing hateful messages to anyone that does not agree with him,)

Hopefully, our next president and commander in chief will have as much class, dignity and a respect for humanity as Obama does. (By the way, before you start spouting off, I voted for McCain and Romney.)

I don't need to be "entertained," by the president. Let him go back to reality television and counting his money.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Translation?
I apologize let me see if I can convey it in a different way. EVERYTHING TRUMP SAYS IS A LIE .

Thanks and I hope this clears up any and all confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies