Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 05:37 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The leftists are deluded into believing that Hellary and Barry's speeches are sincere, that they actually give a da** about anyone other than themselves. Therefore, President Trump's tone and delivery is the opposite of them because he is sincere and cares. To the lefties, it seems insincere. Get it?
How the heck can you believe Trump is sincere when he himself will say one thing and then tweet the complete opposite?

He panders to whatever particular audience he is in front of at the time and his tweets are when he is alone and his true feelings come out.

There is NOTHING sincere about Donald Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 05:43 AM

417 posts, read 191,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
because you do not like him

And can the same be said for the Republicans?? Sadly yes. Both sides don't want to listen. It is not a one way street. Both sides need to be more civil.

It doesn't help when Trump call for physical violence over and over and his followers cheer.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:00 AM

417 posts, read 191,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Considering what Saint Maxine Waters has said publicly, what Saint Eric Holder said publicly, what Saint Michele and Barack Obama said publicly, what Saint Hillary Clinton said publicly and what Saint Robert DeNiro said publicly, I don't think you should be concerned with how you are unconvinced by Trump's words based on feelings.

He said, she said....said what exactly???? What are you talking about? Your post rambles, but doesn't really SAY anything.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:43 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Speaking of unconvincing, have you heard Hillary contradicting her earlier statement that the Left shouldn't be civil but is now calling for everyone to kiss and have a group hug?
Civil disobedience, activism, and protest are typical left wing tactics and are all tools of the powerless. Bombing and killing people are right wing tactics.Trump once used a veiled threat by making a reference to his "2nd Amendment people."
You have to have certain amount of intelligence to be sympathetic and sincere.

The Trump era will be known as the nadir of American politics

Old 10-27-2018, 06:47 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
Because his heart isn't in it. Can't think of any other reason.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:00 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
You see this because you are wanting to see it. Every time I see Bill Clinton speak I see a devious, cunning smirk, when I see Hillary speak I see a smug, nasty grimace, and when I see Obama speak I see an arrogant, mocking expression. I base all of these on their personal character traits.

If someone sees Donald Trump in a negative light then they are also going to see something negative where it may or may not be. It's just human nature to want to see bad in someone that you think is bad. If I was a Democrat I would be looking for good in the people I named above and if you were a Republican you would be looking for good in Donald Trump.
I have tried all these long years, that king trump has been in office to see SOMETHING good in the man child. I see nothing. He is way too radical for my way of thinking that a leader of a country should be.

Even now, after this horrific week, all he can think about is poor little Donny.

I don't think the man child has an ounce of goodness in him.

He stirred the hate and caused this nut job, to instill, incite and instigate this terrorism. He should be accountable. JMO

Old 10-27-2018, 07:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
OP...funny that you should bring this up because my spouse and I were discussing the difference between President Trump's comments and those of Jeff Sessions last night. Although neither or us can stand Jeff Sessions, we both thought his statements following the suspect's arrest were sincere and above reproach. I found myself nodding along in agreement with him as he spoke. President Trump, however, couldn't manage to pull that off. Faced with speaking to the nation as a whole about the attempted bombings, he came across as a child being forced to make an apology for something he's not really sorry about. His tone and body language gave it away. It was very clear that his words did not come from his own heart.

And with that, I'll point out that President Trump is playing a very dangerous game in not conveying unequivocally that he takes the potential murder of his political opponents seriously. Someday, Donald Trump too will be a former president, and when that happens, he will rely on the administrations that follow to ensure his safety and that of those who supported his administration. An attack on any political figure is an attack on American values and completely unacceptable, but that which targets only opponents of the sitting administration is especially chilling. It undermines what it means to live in a representative democracy.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What? Lots can be said about Trump but to say he is drunk or on drugs is simply not true.
He says he does not drink, because his brother died of alcoholism. He may be on some form of drugs. He goes from talking soft, like a baby to killer instinct. Maybe he has some form of brain dysfunction.

Wish someone would haul his highness out of the oval office and see if they can find out what makes the king tick. He is unbelievable.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Let me guess. You watch CNN. That's why you don't know about the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation and how the fake Russia collusion story didn't reveal Trump was involved -- it revealed Hillary was involved! I always knew it would backfire on her.

Hillary is such a good diplomat she allowed foreign powers easy access to all of her emails from her unsecured private server.

She has empathy? Talk to Bill's sex victims. Hillary threatened them. Read any of a number of books about that or watch youtube interviews with the women.

The only ones instigating violence are Dems. Maxipad Waters Eric Holder, Cory Booker and others whom I've forgotten. These attacks on women and Republicans the past two years are ignored. Why do you think that is, sweetie?

Sorry, but you've been lied to by your fake news. Trump will serve two terms as President. It takes the Senate to get rid of him and even Dems admit there will be a few more Republicans elected after the midterms.

Why do you continue to believe the nonsense propaganda when they have been proven wrong over and over and over? Isn't the definition of insanity dong the same thing, expecting a different result? Or is that the definition of stupidity?
Hey!! Don't call me sweetie or stupid. Like minded people stand up for king trump. Insulting me is not going to make your president look any wiser, smarter or kinder.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:40 AM

10,782 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
Its hard to believe you can stop violence when you saw a Republican congressional baseball team shot at last year....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies