Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:40 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times

Advertisements

Why does Trump sound so unconvincing when he condemns violence?

Because he doesn't condemn violence. That would be the quick and accurate response. To elaborate however, we need to be aware that this is a person who from all appearances has never had to take responsibility for anything and lives by the rule that he is never wrong and his motto is always attack.

So to condemn violence he would have to admit that he has been very wrong during his rally-act and in his proclamations and condemnations of anyone with a different thought or idea. It would mean that he would have to man-up and take responsibility for his own role in contributing to the country’s degraded civic discourse. He is not capable of either.

And we know Trump is only good at 2 things: Making people afraid and telling them who is to blame for that fear. That is why we have him doubling down today on who he has falsely condemned as responsible.

Trump is a 2 bit coward and he is not worthy of the devotion from the poor souls whom he has masterfully manipulated with his fear and blame tactics.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-25-2018 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: clarity....punctuation...grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 03:40 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
How about when he makes these statements? This isn't about "showing anger" or "emotions". This is about inciting violence. You can try to whitewash it all day long - no one is buying it.

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"
So Presidential, isn't it?

Old 10-25-2018, 04:03 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Somehow, I don't see Trump saving kittens and puppies. With his crimes and lack of passion and empathy for humanity, that is just laughable.

Trump is for himself, period. He has no diplomatic or critical thinking that would call him presidential & commander & chief material. Sad and a tragedy. His bigot ways, must be his biggest draw for his fans.

Why he is still sitting in the oval office is unbelievable. Anyone else, would be long gone. They don't call him Teflon don, for nothing. I think he has mob ties and I think his followers did just what he wanted them to do, this close to the midterms, he hates to lose, even though he is tearing up our beloved country. He does not care.
You are obviously not a student of presidential politics to say such a thing, Bill Clinton was considered Teflon coated, and had eluded many a bimbo eruption, hence his nickname of "Slick Willie". Reagan was also considered bullet proof (in more ways than one) with nothing sticking to him.

As to Trump sitting in the oval office, the Democrats have no one to blame but themselves, as they put up a much worse candidate, and America decided to go with someone who would shake up the establishment (of both parties).
As to diplomacy, you are thinking of Trump in the wrong job. He has diplomats to deal with general diplomacy, but excels when it comes to negotiating with other world leaders and corporations. you may dislike the guy, but he has pulled off some deals neither Bush nor Obama could achieve.

Lastly, you have a lot of nerve saying Trump is tearing up our beloved country, as many on the left side are calling for incivility, get in their faces, kick'em low, etc.
I know some (D's) that are disgusted with the rhetoric coming from their sides, and a couple have given up on their party, which they no longer recognize.
Heck, a lifelong (D) in my family shocked us all when she said she will be voting for Trump in 2020. Granted it is only partially because of him, as she cannot stand what the (D's) have turned into.
She said her deceased father would not even recognize today's (D) party, which he loved.

`

Old 10-25-2018, 04:03 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
Ya think? LOL>

Old 10-25-2018, 04:08 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
You can't say you condemn violence then add "but". Then you are not condemning but condoning the violence.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:09 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Speaking of unconvincing, have you heard Hillary contradicting her earlier statement that the Left shouldn't be civil but is now calling for everyone to kiss and have a group hug?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:51 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
He sounds unconvincing because the media says he sounds unconvincing! Pure propaganda. Part of the effort to dehumanize Trump. much the same during WW2 where we and the Japanese used propaganda to dehumanize each other, making it easier to forget we were dealing with human beings and make it easier to hate and ethically justify killing the 'enemy'.

The media continues its job of dividing the country in concert with democrats.

This hate and fear mongering by the democrats and media has gone far beyond political commentary and is clearly entered an arena of very real danger.

No one else doubts Trump's sincerity.
Stop blaming the media. He sounds unconvincing because we hear everything he says. The media doesn’t alter recordings of his performance at rallies. But the media does call him out on his thousands of lies which they should. This is our country and we have a right to know what’s really going on in every administration. And this is exactly why Trump hates the media. The hate and fear mongering is coming from Trump to deflect away from himself and to rile up his base. Since when does a president say the other party is the enemy and make up lies about them to promote division. He is not a president for all, only his base. This makes his rhetoric very dangerous.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:42 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Why does Trump sound so unconvincing when he condemns violence?
One word: Credibility.

When someone consistently plies the trade of inaccuracy, deception and falsehoods it shouldn't be a surprise to have your sincerity questioned.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 AM

574 posts, read 383,141 times
Because he's inconsistent, as are his political adversaries on this very topic

Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
More Trump Derangement from the Left. Keep it up through the Midterms when typically the opposition party takes control of Congress. Not happening this time Libs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies