Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:00 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
You've got to go back and collect all of his statements to really understand where he is coming from.

Classic Trump quotes:

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

These quotes reflect Trump's real beliefs, shared with many of his followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 11:02 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
It all depends on the audience. Chances are those who listened to his unequivocal statement and thought it lacking, are the same people that would find fault with him saving kittens & puppies.
When he acts like a statesman, his critics don't like it. When he speaks like a enthusiastic person, it is not presidential.
The bottom line is there is no winning with the anti-Trumpers.

`

Old 10-25-2018, 11:02 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
please, anything Trump says or how he says it you liberals will complain. If he is emotional, you libs would say he is fake. If he shows anger, then you will say he lost it. If he is calm, then you libs will say he has no emotions and he doesn't care.

In this case, he has kinda set himself up.

He read the comments yesterday strait off the teleprompter. He himself has criticised obama for reading from a teleprompter, and so has his base. They made the argument (not us) that it is the hallmark of someone who is not genuine.

It's interesting that either he did not have the same passion to condemn the bombings in "free-form", as he has for condemning the press, or Hillary, or any of his self-proclaimed enemies.

Either HE didn't have the passion, so he had to read the comments, or else his handlers didn't trust him enough to do it, and were somehow able to convince him to be civil.

---

Let's see how this plays out. The press absolutely gave him praise, and the benefit of the doubt when he said that Blasey Ford was credible, and deserved a fair hearing. He blew that good faith by going out a few nights later at a rally and openly mocking her, and telling un-truths (that's PC for "Lies"). So he has somewhat earned the skeptism he gets. If his rhetoric changes, and STAYS changed, then slowly he'll earn back some credibility.

If you'd rather have a graphic explanation, here you go: https://youtu.be/hjObJEqAUxE

Old 10-25-2018, 11:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Not sure if it is his heart or his brain.
The staff had to write a script for him, he was unable to compose his own thoughts on the subject.

It probably is related to a lifetime of screwing people over, if you care too much about the victims you will not accomplish your own selfish goals. Trump knows that the perpetrators of these last bomb threats were merely acting out on the same themes Trump has been hammering away at for three years now. Trump knows the bombers probably voted him, and would again ... if he doesn't turn them off.

Trump is notorious for his lack of empathy. It is a great advantage for a con artist, but not so endearing in the president of these United States.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

Because TDS has you hearing what you want to hear and not what was actually said.
Don't worry about it. How can't we blame the mentally ill, for living in an illusion.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:22 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

No one else doubts Trump's sincerity.

For some one who is an habitual liar, making up what ever he thinks will go over with his followers weather it is true or not …. he is sincere. I almost think he believes is own garbage.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:38 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
It's scripted, read. By Monday of next week, he'll be condemning the Democrats who were targeted for bringing the attempted attacks onto themselves. He's a narcissistic psychopath. It's all about him and how he keeps his ego intact and glorified. No ability to be concerned about others. None.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:06 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It all depends on the audience. Chances are those who listened to his unequivocal statement and thought it lacking, are the same people that would find fault with him saving kittens & puppies.
When he acts like a statesman, his critics don't like it. When he speaks like a enthusiastic person, it is not presidential.
The bottom line is there is no winning with the anti-Trumpers.

`
Somehow, I don't see Trump saving kittens and puppies. With his crimes and lack of passion and empathy for humanity, that is just laughable.

Trump is for himself, period. He has no diplomatic or critical thinking that would call him presidential & commander & chief material. Sad and a tragedy. His bigot ways, must be his biggest draw for his fans.

Why he is still sitting in the oval office is unbelievable. Anyone else, would be long gone. They don't call him Teflon don, for nothing. I think he has mob ties and I think his followers did just what he wanted them to do, this close to the midterms, he hates to lose, even though he is tearing up our beloved country. He does not care.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
It's scripted, read. By Monday of next week, he'll be condemning the Democrats who were targeted for bringing the attempted attacks onto themselves. He's a narcissistic psychopath. It's all about him and how he keeps his ego intact and glorified. No ability to be concerned about others. None.

Well, by then it should be discovered these were coordinated false flag props.
No one is convinced a Republican did this.

Question is... Who's the Patsey?

Old 10-25-2018, 12:10 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
At least Trump condemns violence, unlike the Loony Leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies